Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

jonski wrote: »
    Ordered a iJoy Limitless XL today on Gearbest in a flash sale ,@ €23 I thought it was worth a punt .

Does anyone know why I ordered this ? , I looked at another review last night and as soon as he mentioned the air flow at the bottom ( the very bottom , like the base of the base ) , I kinda went ' well I'm going to make a balls of wicking that and spend my life moppiing up liquid' . Shur , god forbid that I would think before I act .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

jonski wrote: »
    Does anyone know why I ordered this ? , I looked at another review last night and as soon as he mentioned the air flow at the bottom ( the very bottom , like the base of the base ) , I kinda went ' well I'm going to make a balls of wicking that and spend my life moppiing up liquid' . Shur , god forbid that I would think before I act .

Very attractive tank,precise wicking needed & it should be ok or close off the air flow & MTL it:D:D
    You'll do alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

All those limitless and iJoy tanks look the same to me, they haven't half milked the design eh! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

After taking a break from vaping due to devices failing on me and me getting fed up today i ordered a Joytech egrip II & Halo Malibu

After taking a break from vaping due to devices failing on me and me getting fed up today i ordered a Joytech egrip II & Halo Malibu

There's just too much choice for vaping stuff & then trying to pick the right one,I watch at least 6 Youtube reviewers before I buy a device,I looked at the Egrip II & it wasn't airy enough for me,I'm waiting for the Cupti II or the Smoant II to arrive in the shops,these will be my next purchase because I have just spent €140 on a Smok Xcube Ultra & a Smok Alien.
    Good luck with the Egrip & let us know how you get on with it...

• Advertisement

All those limitless and iJoy tanks look the same to me, they haven't half milked the design eh! :D

As you say,they all have similar design,I prefer top afc,99% sure that it wont leak,where do they go from here with there designs:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

There's just too much choice for vaping stuff & then trying to pick the right one,I watch at least 6 Youtube reviewers before I buy a device,I looked at the Egrip II & it wasn't airy enough for me,I'm waiting for the Cupti II or the Smoant II to arrive in the shops,these will be my next purchase because I have just spent €140 on a Smok Xcube Ultra & a Smok Alien.
    Good luck with the Egrip & let us know how you get on with it...

I totally agree i do see the interest for enthusiasts with the whole aspect in making your device unique, upgrading etc it kind of reminds me of PC modding! i just wanted something small & the ability be able to picks coils up easily if needed rather than waiting for them to be delivered.

It is a bit of a mindfield with so many terms used and coil types device sizes connections and so on.

Joytech egrip 2 does the job for me but might not satisfy vaping connoisseurs
    happy with it so far no leaks unlike it predecessor!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

It's a great mod imho. Notch coils can be spitty though. I use mine with ni coils mostly now, dl, with the airflow closed down about half to make the flavour pop and let me do long slow inhales.

The coils also tend to flood on refilling. Easily solved with a bit of kitchen paper down the chimney to mop up the excess after filling.

It's compact and robust. The battery lasts me all day at 30w.

A Smok x cube ultra with tfv8. I'm half excited and half intimidated by the prospect of it! btw what's the deal with Efest batteries? That's what I have coming and I just saw someone call them a fire hazard on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I've never had a problem with the dozen or so efest I've had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

A Smok x cube ultra with tfv8. I'm half excited and half intimidated by the prospect of it! btw what's the deal with Efest batteries? That's what I have coming and I just saw someone call them a fire hazard on here?

I've used Efest for the past 3 years or so and never had a problem with them, also use Samsung 25r's but find they drain very fast. LG 2 and 4 seems to have the longest life at 50/60 watts,get a good day from a charge using them.

Thanks jno547 and Fratton Fred, that's put my mind at rest. I'll go for the LG's next time for longer life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Let us know how you get on with that setup, the tfv8 is meant to be an awesome beast:D

I've been using Efest years & no probs & I am still using 4 year old Efests & they are still charging great.
    When using your new Ultra & TFV8 (bottom airflow),try & make sure the tank airflow is facing away from the Ultra's display screen,it wont damage the screen but it will make a mess if facing it.

Wouldn't touch Efest, used to use them when i knew no better - wondered why they drained so fast and the wraps were always peeling off. Never had either issue with Samsung or Sony or LG. I don't even see any good reason to opt for re-wrapped Efests? Not like you really save much

I see them as being re-wrapped old stock and never what they claim to be. Your "30A" Efest is more likely a 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Lost Vape SKAR DNA 75W

Lost-Vape-Skar-DNA75-Vape-Box-Mod-03__29565_zoom.jpg

Pretty much what the Therion should have been ^ - Nice, too pricey for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Pretty much what the Therion should have been ^ - Nice, too pricey for me though

With regards looks or functionality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rubofdegreen

1st post here folks,hi and hello,in relation to the Therion comment above,Lost Vape have some of the best and most sought after devices available, reasonably priced DNA devices that for me have performed flawlessly. I currently use 2 Therion's,1 Triade and have just added a Therion squonker. Never had a problem with any of them and would highly recommend them to any potential buyer so I cannot understand the comment "what the Therion should have been". Perhaps you have some information that I'm unaware off and I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on your post. Thanks.

• Advertisement

1st post here folks,hi and hello,in relation to the Therion comment above,Lost Vape have some of the best and most sought after devices available, reasonably priced DNA devices that for me have performed flawlessly. I currently use 2 Therion's,1 Triade and have just added a Therion squonker. Never had a problem with any of them and would highly recommend them to any potential buyer so I cannot understand the comment "what the Therion should have been". Perhaps you have some information that I'm unaware off and I'd appreciate if you could elaborate on your post. Thanks.

Very simple, it should have been a single 18650, I never said it was bad, no idea where you're getting that from, or feel such a need to jump in to defend a lump of plastic and metal.

I'd like a Therion actually, but I would prefer it to be a single batt, just my preference. I don't have to elaborate, I could say it's a piece of crap if I felt that way, it would simply be my opinion.

Being a dual 18650 doesn't add anything to it, bar maybe battery life. Personally i'd prefer it just one batt, and carry a spare if needed. It would have been neater, lighter. it's what the Therion should have been, to ME

Oh, and welcome.
    moleyv wrote: »
    With regards looks or functionality?

Maybe a bit of both, I do think this one is better looking. This dude knows what i mean ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rubofdegreen

@Thecageyone WOW,as a courtesy I suppose I should say 'thank you' for the reply,however, the tone of your reply really leaves a lot to be desired,perhaps I caught you at a bad time. Anyway in your haste to retaliate to my post I think you may have misunderstood the essence of it, I was asking you if you had any information regarding the Therion which I may have missed,obviously you don't so, happy days.
    Hopefully my future experience here won't be tainted by the callous and rude 'welcome' I've received from you. Hope you have a nice day.

@Thecageyone WOW,as a courtesy I suppose I should say 'thank you' for the reply,however, the tone of your reply really leaves a lot to be desired,perhaps I caught you at a bad time. Anyway in your haste to retaliate to my post I think you may have misunderstood the essence of it, I was asking you if you had any information regarding the Therion which I may have missed,obviously you don't so, happy days.
    Hopefully my future experience here won't be tainted by the callous and rude 'welcome' I've received from you. Hope you have a nice day.

I took it pretty much that you were pouncing on my post for no good reason, and questioning my opinion. Which is all it is. I didn't even say anything bad about the device, in fact i would like to have one, BUT, I'm poor ... :D Anyway, crossed wires perhaps. I just thought it odd your very first post was to question someone's opinion. No harm done

Flick to around 9mins 20 on the vid I posted, and the guy pretty much sums up how I feel on it. I think their new, single batt one just makes more sense. For my style of vaping at least. If I want dual battery power, I'll get something that goes above 75w. Eyeing the Alien by Smok atm for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

Do you actually have the squonker in your hands yet or have you ordered it awaiting delivery? I ask because I am really interested in this. If you have it could you give some impressions of it.would like some more info particularly about the bottles - are they propriety or can other threaded bottles be used. Oh and welcome!

I disagree about the single battery, dual parallel isn't maybe better for battery life. It is spectacular for battery life. I've had single 18650 dna75s, i'd want to carry a bucket of batteries with me.

Looks are subjective, the therion is beautiful, its different, its completely solid.

I don't like the look of that new one personally, a touch of the vaporesso stuff about it, but again, that's subjective. I just hope that isn't going to be lost vapes new style, or I won't be buying any of it.

I don't hold onto stuff long, but I won't be selling my therion :)

I liked my triade too, but I sold that, lovely, but not special.

Oh and single 26650 mods are a disaster for low battery warnings, even after just being charged, so why bother, just make it single 18650 if that's the way they want it.

I wouldn't buy the therion squonker either cause single bats don't suit my vaping.

I like the halcyon, but would need it to have a bigger lipo if I were to pull the trigger.

moleyv wrote: »
    I disagree about the single battery, dual parallel isn't maybe better for battery life. It is spectacular for battery life. I've had single 18650 dna75s, i'd want to carry a bucket of batteries with me.

Looks are subjective, the therion is beautiful, its different, its completely solid.

I don't like the look of that new one personally, a touch of the vaporesso stuff about it, but again, that's subjective. I just hope that isn't going to be lost vapes new style, or I won't be buying any of it.

I don't hold onto stuff long, but I won't be selling my therion :)

I liked my triade too, but I sold that, lovely, but not special.

It's all a matter of taste really, like anything else. I use nikon cameras and lenses, you may prefer canon [eurgh ... :D ] - I don't ever get obsessed or defensive about gear though. Like you, I sell on soon as I'm bored with something.

My next Mod will be the Smok Alien ... surprisingly it'll be my first ever Smok device!

My next Mod will be the Smok Alien ... surprisingly it'll be my first ever Smok device!

Smok/koopor make nice mods. My koopor primus is my go to 3 bat mod. Ugly thing, but something appealing about it.

Its commonly known as the cheese grater :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

New_electronic_cigarette_350mah_mini_EGO_T.jpg

shure 'tis da bomb :D

Knew I had one around here somewhere :D
    tcqdGRu.jpg

• Advertisement

jno547 wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with that setup, the tfv8 is meant to be an awesome beast:D

The tfv8 IS an awesome beast. Only tried the v8 coil so far. If Dublin has been foggy I apologise, it's just my clouds floating north from Wicklow.

The flavour is out of this world at about 160watts.

That's the good stuff. However it has its issues too. Build quality could be better. Have had leaks through the air intake and even the glass rings. Seems to have settled now.

The weirdest is that with the v8 coil I can't screw it fully into the 510 or I get an ohms too low warning. Seems to be a short in the coil when fully screwed in because there is movement in the connection pin in the bottom of the base which allows for slightly different Atty depths. The v8 is deeper than the others. Other coils fine but that's not good enough.

The Rba threads are badly machined and far from smooth. The wide part of the chimney (hood) where the atty attaches is crooked and I had to remove the atty with a pliers when I first took it apart before use ( which could explain the atty issues perhaps?).

I feel my first video review coming on.

The x cube ultra is nice but the Smok menu system is the Windows 8 of mods imho. Why would 5 clicks not just turn it off rather than lock the buttons, and why waste seconds with the Smok logo and firmware version on startup? Wtf is the point of the vibrate and why put the light where it gets mostly covered by the fire button while activated?

I'd buy it again though. It feels nice and I'll get a full 2 days out of the batteries if I use my cubis pro on it. Hard not to use the tfv8 though. That thing is fun despite the problems, even if I've been banned from the house with it.

Advertisement