Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I ordered the Smok Alien kit today. That comes with the 'Baby Beast' tank. Does that take the same coils as the original TFV8 beast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I ordered the Bachelor nano from Bestshop , I'm not even sure why, it just ended up in the basket with the cubis rba section and some SS wire .

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Got me another Kayfun V5 at Fasttech. Great tank but a bit like dating and going out with your girlfriends twin sister and not having the excitement of the new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Been looking at the Kayfun minis too recently. Are the V5's worth paying the extra over the V3s?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Doge wrote: »
    Been looking at the Kayfun minis too recently. Are the V5's worth paying the extra over the V3s?

I don't have a V3 but I hear great things about that version too. I prefer the larger capacity of the V5.

I got a very cheap clone from Fasttech and it's been great though as with most clones putting in better o-rings is always worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Doge wrote:

Totally different really, v3minis are MTL whereas you will get a restricted lung hit off the v5 and not be able to do MTL realistically. You can fit a decent Clapton into the v5, build deck on v3mini is relatively small and a bit tight/fiddly.

How dinky is this SMOK Alien? barely bigger than my old Evic mini TC :D

aKCfOSb.jpg

Arrived this morn, after ordering just yesterday from http://www.e-lixor.com/ - great price too, €70 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

'old' being the operative word.

That poor Evic looks like it's been to hell and back - and all it got for it's trouble was a Tea Cup :D

The Black & Red looks sweet :)

mossymac! wrote: »
    'old' being the operative word.

That poor Evic looks like it's been to hell and back - and all it got for it's trouble was a Tea Cup :D

The Black & Red looks sweet :)

I have it over a year now, which is ould in the vaping world. That Evic has had many a tumble :D it's been dropped, kicked, soaked - the magnets have popped off of it more than a few times, and she's still going strong. It's my rough and tumble mod, the one I don't really look after, but always seem to reach for first.

There's actually coffee in the mug this morn :D I just love that mug, you get 2 standard mugs into it, have measured.

Loving the Alien though, really neat and comfortable. First mod for me with a fire-bar and I'm liking it muchly.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Any rattle or wobble in the fire bar cagey?

• Advertisement

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Any rattle or wobble in the fire bar cagey?

Nope, first thing I tested. Also checked the screen, and there was a screen protector on there unlike the ones the reviewers got. The bar is solid, no wobble, no after-click [as the likes of Mike Vapes and RIP pointed out] and I did the update first thing, so no mis-fire either. Update was simple, you just have to remove the batts and hold down the fire bar throughout

Right, that's that decision made then :-) cheers dude

You won't regret it that's for sure. The fire bar has a very satisfying click, it's very solid, not 'tinny' or 'light', it's firm. No rattles or wobbles.

here's a little video what I made showing it's non rattliness ...

You won't regret it that's for sure. The fire bar has a very satisfying click, it's very solid, not 'tinny' or 'light', it's firm. No rattles or wobbles.

here's a little video what I made showing it's non rattliness ...

Lol thumbs up from you eh :) ordered it from fasttech as its the only place i could find it without that little cloud machine included. The wait begins ;)

Allan45121 wrote: »
    Lol thumbs up from you eh :) ordered it from fasttech as its the only place i could find it without that little cloud machine included. The wait begins ;)

You could have sold the tank, it's a good 'un. Got mine overnight from Elixir in Mallow. I haven't the patience to wait FT times - plus it was a really good price for the kit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Perfect for poor eyesighters with arthritic hands just like me:):)the video shows the fire button has a delay but not on mine because I can't stand delays,the menu is so simple to use,no sub menu's & no holding down buttons,just one click operation,using it at the moment with Ti .4 coil & working great.The screen sold it to me...

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/praxis-banshee/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAqKvNBHW9w

Perfect for poor eyesighters with arthritic hands just like me :)the video shows the fire button has a delay but not on mine because I can't stand delays,the menu is so simple to use,no sub menu's & no holding down buttons,just one click operation,using it at the moment with Ti .4 coil & working great.The screen sold it to me...

Yeah I've been pondering on one of these for the last week. Its something different at least.

moleyv wrote: »
    Yeah I've been pondering on one of these for the last week. Its something different at least.

Curiosity & the big screen got to me,the only downfall for me is when you need to change the power or temp mode,the up & down buttons need to be pressed simultaneously,one click down on both buttons & not pressed & held down,it normally takes me 2 or 3 goes for it to engage but I do struggle anyway with any mod,especially with my arthritic hands,so I'm blaming those:D:D
    The other thing was the battery compartment,some batteries are a bit snug but VTC4/5 fitted lovely,the worst battery I tried was an Efest,that was tight but I didn't push it.

Curiosity & the big screen got to me,the only downfall for me is when you need to change the power or temp mode,the up & down buttons need to be pressed simultaneously,one click down on both buttons & not pressed & held down,it normally takes me 2 or 3 goes for it to engage but I do struggle anyway with any mod,especially with my arthritic hands,so I'm blaming those The other thing was the battery compartment,some batteries are a bit snug but VTC4/5 fitted lovely,the worst battery I tried was an Efest,that was tight but I didn't push it.

Yeah it looks nice. I mostly use power mode anyway so very little switching modes.

Anyone know where to get a petri RTA clone or genuine for a reasonable price (not from china or USA).

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

moleyv wrote: »
    Yeah it looks nice. I mostly use power mode anyway so very little switching modes.

Anyone know where to get a petri RTA clone or genuine for a reasonable price (not from china or USA).

Dream Cloud in Kildare have v2 clones in stock and mech mod atty combos in stock

• Advertisement

columf wrote: »
    Dream Cloud in Kildare have v2 clones in stock and mech mod atty combos in stock

Could only find the Petri RDA,The Petri RTA is not there...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

Could only find the Petri RDA,The Petri RTA is not there...
    Sorry picked it up wrong taught you were looking for a rda.

columf wrote:
    Sorry picked it up wrong taught you were looking for a rda.

No worries, I'm not into RDAs really.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

1478211369812677126.jpg
    http://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_555925.html

Looks great, also as I've no more subtank glass replacements this should preserve the last one I have.

Now, just hope the subtank fits. Anyone used the Witcher Tank ?? I never seen Geralt of Rivia vaping, probably does it off camera to stay professional and that..

platinums wrote:
    Looks great, also as I've no more subtank glass replacements this should preserve the last one I have.

A mod only a mother could love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

platinums wrote: »
    1478211369812677126.jpg
    http://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp_555925.html

Now, just hope the subtank fits. Anyone used the Witcher Tank ?? I never seen Geralt of Rivia vaping, probably does it off camera to stay professional and that..

I've one on the way,looks like it will fit snug into the hand!

I wanted the yellow one but I saw this which is £20 cheaper,I wasn't sure about the colour,I watched Mike Vapes video & I liked it,only 2 left if anybody is interested...

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/222335347863?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ordered a Smok Alien kit this morning. First purchase in ages!

Ordered a Smok Alien kit this morning. First purchase in ages!

Great device, love mine. Just be aware that paint starts to chip on it after a month or more. Nothing drastic, not in my case at least, and I use it daily. But I've seen people moan about it on FB as if it was the end of the world :D

• Advertisement

The 2 V-Max's I bought 4 years ago are just not pumping out enough power anymore,so I just bought 3 x RX80 Mini's from Cigreen for €37.99 each.(bought the 3 so I could get free shipping)
    The menu is the same as the RX200s & it will not topple over easy when stood on a table & the 2100ma built in battery is a plus for me as well.

Advertisement