Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Just ordered myself the minikin v2.
    Debated for ages what to go for. Hope I made the right choice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Just ordered myself the minikin v2. Debated for ages what to go for. Hope I made the right choice now.

Great choice, great mod with fantastic battery life even at high power. What colour did you go for?

Great choice, great mod with fantastic battery life even at high power. What colour did you go for?

Just plain black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I had the Minikin V2, sold it, now thinking of buying another haha.

I thought battery life wasn't great, but it was more the batteries I were using in it were past their best

moleyv wrote:
    I had the Minikin V2, sold it, now thinking of buying another haha.

Still have it... white one wasn't it?? With a fresh pair of LG2's I can get about 1 and a half days at 80W. That's a subjective statement as it wouldn't be constant use but still regular.

• Advertisement

Still have it... white one wasn't it?? With a fresh pair of LG2's I can get about 1 and a half days at 80W. That's a subjective statement as it wouldn't be constant use but still regular.

Thats what i have, the LG's. They are only couple months old so should be good to go.

I only vape max 50watts. My alien 220w currently lasts about 3 days so be interested to see if it matchs that.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

I have a Minikin 2 and I'd have said it has poor battery life. I see a lot of people saying the opposite here. I'd have fresh enough Sony VTC6s or Samsung 30Qs in mine; I reckon they'd last much longer in the Alien or the Drag. Like at 40 or 50W I'd need to be keeping the Minikin topped up with the USB on the PC here in work. Still, it feels lovely in my hand so I'll hang onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Thats what i have, the LG's. They are only couple months old so should be good to go.

I only vape max 50watts. My alien 220w currently lasts about 3 days so be interested to see if it matchs that.

I never get that long from my Alien, I'll get a full day max. But I think my batteries are due a change. I have the mod since January though, and it's still firing away without any issue, it's even held it's paintwork very well. I've had many mods that fell apart, peeled completely or just stopped working in much shorter time. Yet people still say the Alien is crap :confused:

86yT69l.jpg

Check out that puff count! :D That Alien has been dropped, kicked, splashed, tossed around in bags with all sorts, and apart fro the battery door opening randomly every now and then [it only ever happens if the mod is knocked over or put down on a hard surface abruptly] it's still going strong. The tank is also months old, bought on here from Dr. Bill - Only had to replace the glass other day as the original finally cracked in the bag during a cycle. Looks like it's leaking in the pic, it's not, I had just filled it and I'm a messy fecker :D

I don't know why people feel the need to change mods and tanks every 2 weeks, find a set up that fits you and roll with it. My other main is a Smoant Battlestar, almost as old, and also still working away, that has the Cleito 120 RTA that I got for Christmas on it.

People who say the Alien is crap have obviously had a different experience than you. Nearly every single piece of paint on my alien came off, except on the plastic frame around the screen. I still think it's great, as paint makes no difference to the vape offa it.

Steve666 wrote: »
    People who say the Alien is crap have obviously had a different experience than you. Nearly every single piece of paint on my alien came off, except on the plastic frame around the screen. I still think it's great, as paint makes no difference to the vape offa it.

This is because they have the older versions. I originally had a red one that peeled, and conked out after not much over a month - this one was the replacement and was the first batch of the 'express' kit - no tank. From those batches on the paint work was much better. I don't exactly treat mine with care. I should also say though, had an AL85 that turned out to be a piece of crap. Loose fire bar, and LCD went after a couple of months. I am certainly no Smok fan, but this Alien has served me well.

• Advertisement

Conked out? That's why people say it's crap I guess. I have a Smok Skyhook that conked out. I really liked it. But now it's just an expensive paperweight. TBH I was waiting for the Alien to go the same way, but it's still working fine.

Conked out? That's why people say it's crap I guess. I have a Smok Skyhook that conked out. I really liked it. But now it's just an expensive paperweight. TBH I was waiting for the Alien to go the same way, but it's still working fine.

Aye, well, it still fired, it was the LCD that went. I think it's more down to QC - I've had Eleaf, joytech, Innokin and pioneer mods completely fail or fall apart after just weeks.

Have my alien a few months now and it hasnt missed a beat. Couple of slight chips on the paint but zero peeling. Im rocking the obs engine nano as well and they work well together.

I bought the minikin as a second mod cause herself took my istick power when i finally got her off the smokes.

Have to wait till sunday to get it ive just been informed by herself as its a birthday present and she has hidden it lol. Cant wait.

I's an ipower I'm waiting on from GB - 3 weeks now ... and it is for my missus, so she might leave my Battlestar alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I's an ipower I'm waiting on from GB - 3 weeks now ... and it is for my missus, so she might leave my Battlestar alone!

Waiting on a stainless steel Hcigar VT75 from Gearbest, also for 3 weeks. I got the last one in stock before it was discontinued. Never ordered from GB before. The wait is excruciating and the tracking number seems to be useless.

Haha she tried the obs and imediatley said she wanted one. The ipower was great imo. Battery lasts ages and really easy to use.

Hope yas get your orders soon folks

Waiting on a stainless steel Hcigar VT75 from Gearbest, also for 3 weeks. I got the last one in stock before it was discontinued. Never ordered from GB before. The wait is excruciating and the tracking number seems to be useless.

Same, tracking number only tells me it was dispatched, and it is "in transit". I remember wanting that Hcigar VT75, can't remember what I got instead, the Alien kit originally I think. Bought that from Elixir in Cork, and was glad I did as it went dead after a month and I was able to exchange for a new one. With GB, you're screwed if it goes tits up

Haha she tried the obs and imediatley said she wanted one. The ipower was great imo. Battery lasts ages and really easy to use.

Hope yas get your orders soon folks

I love the Engine, it's the dual coil original version I have, but I prefer that kind of set up. It's so easy to build and wick, love that the deck can be unscrewed without having to empty the tank.

Cheers :) I hope it isn't stopped because of the internal battery!

Same, tracking number only tells me it was dispatched, and it is "in transit". I remember wanting that Hcigar VT75, can't remember what I got instead, the Alien kit originally I think. Bought that from Elixir in Cork, and was glad I did as it went dead after a month and I was able to exchange for a new one. With GB, you're screwed if it goes tits up

Yeah true that. I didn't even need the thing. I just have a thing for all metal silver mods. I know, I'm weird. :o

Yeah true that. I didn't even need the thing. I just have a thing for all metal silver mods. I know, I'm weird. :o

Nothing weird about that, I was a Nikon photographer for a long time because I didn't like Canon's white lenses :D Now I shoot Fuji and I will only go for all black camera bodies and lenses, where others are willing to pay more for the silver or graphite versions. It's just personal preference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Here is a SS or Antique Silver Steampunk Nano at VapeWild,20 squid off at €35.69,great mod,been using mine in TC most of the time & excellent battery life & also holds 25mm atty's.....a heavy mod,good for the computer desk...

https://vapewild.eu/tesla-steampunk-nano-120w-mod/

• Advertisement

Here is a SS or Antique Silver Steampunk Nano at VapeWild,20 squid off at €35.69,great mod,been using mine in TC most of the time & excellent battery life & also holds 25mm atty's.....a heavy mod,good for the computer desk...

I have 2 already. Appreciate that though.

Good price.. I've seen them here for 65 yo yo's :(

Good price.. I've seen them here for 65 yo yo's :(

I have the SS one & thinking of getting the Antique Silver...
    I fancy the Funky 160 for €44 & in their listing it says the 510 is 21.5mm but I could have sworn it was 25mm,must watch a couple of vids...

I have 2 already. Appreciate that though.

Your welcomed,I paid €55 a few months ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,208 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Just ordered one too :)

Grayson wrote: »

Great mod,I see they have gone back to their normal price....

Grayson wrote: »

Surprising the missus with the copper one tomorrow fingers crossed. Got load more lg batteries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

22046650_10210425694100250_22780376396590196_n.jpg?oh=f7bc8dc1c90633c37c898faee65c9c0c&oe=5A4B7338

I wants now!

I have the SS one & thinking of getting the Antique Silver...
    I fancy the Funky 160 for €44 & in their listing it says the 510 is 21.5mm but I could have sworn it was 25mm,must watch a couple of vids...

The Funky 160 from vape wild will hold a 24mm atty flush,the price jumps up n down on certain days,it did drop to €37 but it's back to €44,I was chatting live to somebody at 5am this morning (his/her time was 11pm) to ask when will the prices drop again because I want one & a Dead Rabbit....they smiled :)

• Advertisement

The Funky 160 from vape wild will hold a 24mm atty flush,the price jumps up n down on certain days,it did drop to €37 but it's back to €44,I was chatting live to somebody at 5am this morning (his/her time was 11pm) to ask when will the prices drop again because I want one & a Dead Rabbit....they smiled :)

Yeah keep an eye on twitter. They have featured items each week. Those are the ones that will be on sale that week.

Usually couple of liquids and one piece of hardware.

I knew the steampunk sale was over on monday so i ordered hers sunday night.

The crown 3 is featured this week and its 23 quid. Id get one only ive spent more than enough this month lol.

Advertisement