Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Thank you. That looks awesome and for 8 dollars is a steal. Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Thank you. That looks awesome and for 8 dollars is a steal. Hmm...

Really fantastic rta for flavour, can be a little tricky to wick but if you watch Vaping with Vic's method of wicking it works a dream. Sorry I can't do a link at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Really fantastic rta for flavour, can be a little tricky to wick but if you watch Vaping with Vic's method of wicking it works a dream. Sorry I can't do a link at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

Awesome. Ill check that out so. Need to get few small bits anyway so might add one to the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Any good clone manufacturers to look out for?

SXK do good kayfun clones. Have a kayfun mini v3 by them which is okay. Not as buttery smooth as the original I have. But use both daily. Have an SXK kayfun 5. Don't really get on with it but I'd probably not get on with an original either. Airflow isn't right for MTL and flavour I find muted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Ouch.. Why is that? Are they that good much better?

Most are average & shiney & over engineered,some have too many parts to them,the only one that was good,is the Kayfuns,they were a great MTL tank for years but they also leaked,I haven't tried the new MTL/DL Kayfun yet but they say they are good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Have just ordered kayfun prime, yihi sx mini q and 100 premade coils some cotton candy and a few bottles of juice from them, will be interested to see what the sx mini is like, oh yes and also bought a pair of batteries for the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Have just ordered kayfun prime, yihi sx mini q and 100 premade coils some cotton candy and a few bottles of juice from them, will be interested to see what the sx mini is like, oh yes and also bought a pair of batteries for the mod.

The SXmini Q is a serious bit of kit :cool:

Let's all know how ya get on with it.

Venom wrote: »
    The SXmini Q is a serious bit of kit :cool:

Let's all know how ya get on with it.

Will do, just hoping I like it :-/

Very nice purchase, it's on my list also, would you let me know your thoughts on it when you get it going.

I got the Kayfun Prime on Friday and have been vaping it since. I stuck a standard 1ohm kanthal spaced coil in there and I'm really enjoying it. The tank itself, being a kayfun, is superbly made. The airflow at the tightest setting I liken to the old kayfun lite. I currently am running it on the 3rd airflow setting which is similar to the mini V3. Flavour is on par with the kayfun mini v3 if a little better. It is much quieter than the V3, no popping. Great for a sneaky vape in the bogs at work. I've put through about 10-12 tanks of liquid through it and leaking is 100% non-existent from the airflow hole section which is great. My V5 leaked regularly from the air holes, although it was a clone. Really impressed with it overall. It looks great too.

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    I got the Kayfun Prime on Friday and have been vaping it since. I stuck a standard 1ohm kanthal spaced coil in there and I'm really enjoying it. The tank itself, being a kayfun, is superbly made. The airflow at the tightest setting I liken to the old kayfun lite. I currently am running it on the 3rd airflow setting which is similar to the mini V3. Flavour is on par with the kayfun mini v3 if a little better. It is much quieter than the V3, no popping. Great for a sneaky vape in the bogs at work. I've put through about 10-12 tanks of liquid through it and leaking is 100% non-existent from the airflow hole section which is great. My V5 leaked regularly from the air holes, although it was a clone. Really impressed with it overall. It looks great too.

Excellent, have heard nothing but good reports on the Prime, I got on very well with Kayfuns up to the 4,that was a nightmare, I expected great things from the 5 and although it's a good tank I was left a little underwhelmed by it's performance. Looking forward to the Prime now that it appears to fill a void in the area of MTL vaping. Thanks for the review, :)

Excellent, have heard nothing but good reports on the Prime, I got on very well with Kayfuns up to the 4,that was a nightmare, I expected great things from the 5 and although it's a good tank I was left a little underwhelmed by it's performance. Looking forward to the Prime now that it appears to fill a void in the area of MTL vaping. Thanks for the review, :)

Yeah, I never had a 4. It didn't appeal. It looked like you needed a science degree to set the thing up and was massive. Like you, I was never really overly impressed with a V5. It wasn't a true MTL tank. They missed the target with the V5 I think, neither a proper sub ohm or MTL tank but a half way house trying to do everything and failing at both. They're definitely back on form with the Prime. My V5 clone has properly been retired to the reject drawer.

I'm sure you'll like it, it's a "yee hee" after all :D Those chips are as good if not better than DNA chips especially in TC mode. I'd also much prefer the aesthetics of the Q class over the newer G class. Great purchase.:)

TinCool wrote: »
    Yeah, I never had a 4. It didn't appeal. It looked like you needed a science degree to set the thing up and was massive. Like you, I was never really overly impressed with a V5. It wasn't a true MTL tank. They missed the target with the V5 I think, neither a proper sub ohm or MTL tank but a half way house trying to do everything and failing at both. They're definitely back on form with the Prime. My V5 clone has properly been retired to the reject drawer.

:D:D:D

Should also mention quietly......FIRST DIBS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT:D:D

Manabush are doing shake and vape bottles now. Ordered myself 200mls of Nokomis last night. Yum yum. Tis good stuff. I've tried all their range and for me, Nokomis is by far the nicest of the lot.

Also ordered an Elfin Mini DNA40 from vapestore.co.uk. Yes I know it's an older mod, but suits my needs down to the ground. Plus £30 for a DNA device is pretty good.

That's my vape splurging down now for another couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Ordered a bottle of DRS Red on Monday from vintage vape rooms...still waiting. Why is waiting for vape mail worse than anything else :pac:

morritty wrote: »
    Ordered a bottle of DRS Red on Monday from vintage vape rooms...still waiting. Why is waiting for vape mail worse than anything else :pac:

I know what you mean. My 200mls of manabush was delivered after lunch today at work. The girl who signed for it looks to have gone home and I have no clue where my parcel is. Looks like it'll be tomorrow now :(

Should also mention quietly......FIRST DIBS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT:D:D

Loving the sx mini (sorry dr bill) obviously I'm not using it to it's full potential as it's driving the kayfun prime but I love the feel of it and the responsiveness and the fact that the paint shouldn't fall off within days like it did on two consecutive smok alien mods!

Just need to get used to only three clicks to lock it!

The kayfun prime is lovely also, I'm probably going to get rid of all of my sub ohm tanks now, just don't know what to do with them.

Loving the sx mini (sorry dr bill) obviously I'm not using it to it's full potential as it's driving the kayfun prime but I love the feel of it and the responsiveness and the fact that the paint shouldn't fall off within days like it did on two consecutive smok alien mods!

Just need to get used to only three clicks to lock it!

The kayfun prime is lovely also, I'm probably going to get rid of all of my sub ohm tanks now, just don't know what to do with them.

Glad you like that setup, it’ll see you through for a while. Put your spare tanks up here for sale and see how you go.

• Advertisement

Glad you like that setup, it’ll see you through for a while. Put your spare tanks up here for sale and see how you go.

Would they be worth anything?

Probably no boxes but 2 x uwell crown, 2 x smok baby beast, 1 x aspire Atlantis v1, 1 or 2 kanger subtank, 1 x kanger toptank? Probably a yellow joyetech ego1 tank? Aspire nautilus x, aspire triton mini can't think of anything else offhand. Ooh yes and an aspire cleito.

Probably no boxes but 2 x uwell crown, 2 x smok baby beast, 1 x aspire Atlantis v1, 1 or 2 kanger subtank, 1 x kanger toptank? Probably a yellow joyetech ego1 tank? Aspire nautilus x, aspire triton mini can't think of anything else offhand. Ooh yes and an aspire cleito.

All very worth your while advertising here.

I'd be interested in all your Baby Beasts,Subtanks,Ego 1,Uwell & triton if they are rebuildable decks or have an RBA with them...

Don't like stock coils...

The only stock coil I really like is the Ego 1...

I'd be interested in all your Baby Beasts,Subtanks,Ego 1,Uwell & triton if they are rebuildable decks or have an RBA with them...

Don't like stock coils...

The only stock coil I really like is the Ego 1...

I definitely have the rebuildable deck for one of the crowns and the subtank/s

I'll go through everything properly later.

I definitely have the rebuildable deck for one of the crowns and the subtank/s

I'll go through everything properly later.

Thanks Monkey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bought the aspire zelos last week. Great little starter/interm mod.

The nautilus 2 tank is a fuppin nightmare.
    It's leaked twice. The original coil .7 preinstalled was a dudd.
    Replaced with the 1.8. Grand for a day, all the juice leaked through the airholes.

Took apart (again) cleaned thoroughly and replaced coil again so far so good. But this tank is so fiddly to refill.

Just wondering can someone recommend a different tank. I like the adjustable air flow on the nautilus. It's just a pain really.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

When closing the Nautilus, screw the tank closed until you feel the threads catching the o-ring, soon as you feel this, turn the tank upside down, wait for the juice to settle to the bottom (technically the top) then fully tighten the tank. That'll push the excess air out instead of juice.

La.de.da wrote: »
    Bought the aspire zelos last week. Great little starter/interm mod.

The nautilus 2 tank is a fuppin nightmare.
    It's leaked twice. The original coil .7 preinstalled was a dudd.
    Replaced with the 1.8. Grand for a day, all the juice leaked through the airholes.

Took apart (again) cleaned thoroughly and replaced coil again so far so good. But this tank is so fiddly to refill.

Just wondering can someone recommend a different tank. I like the adjustable air flow on the nautilus. It's just a pain really.

I don't have any trouble with my nautilus 2 but if you do want another tank the Brit mini is a good tank with good flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

morritty wrote: »
    When closing the Nautilus, screw the tank closed until you feel the threads catching the o-ring, soon as you feel this, turn the tank upside down, wait for the juice to settle to the bottom (technically the top) then fully tighten the tank. That'll push the excess air out instead of juice.

Thank you! Just did this on refill. Success and no leaks. Great little tip.

Trying to get used to all the jargon and technology in the vaping world. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just Ordered 3x10ml 12mg bottles of that Drakes Burley.. can't wait :-)
    What do you think guys?

Advertisement