Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options
1168169170171172174»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

TinCool wrote: »
    A genuine kayfun lite 2019 from creme de vape and a few juices from www.daddypigsmokejuice.com. Cinnamon Crumble, Coke Float, Custardy Cake Batter and Gingerbread ice-cream sammich. All of which I didn't need. Terrible itchy mouse fingers.

Yeah I ordered a Kayfun Lite from lepetitvapoer on Friday as well, can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype. Also ordered a selection of dinner lady 10ml 50/50 liquid to try it out.

I ordered a Steamcrave Glaz Mini at start of December from Fasttech using the Ireland epacket delivery option, still no sign of it since leaving HK on 6th Dec. I'm guessing it might be because of the black friday/xmas backlog. If there's no sign of it in the next week or so I'll get on to fasttech. I've never had a package from them go missing in 2 years of ordering from them in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yeah I ordered a Kayfun Lite from lepetitvapoer on Friday as well, can't wait to see if it lives up to the hype. Also ordered a selection of dinner lady 10ml 50/50 liquid to try it out.

I ordered a Steamcrave Glaz Mini at start of December from Fasttech using the Ireland epacket delivery option, still no sign of it since leaving HK on 6th Dec. I'm guessing it might be because of the black friday/xmas backlog. If there's no sign of it in the next week or so I'll get on to fasttech. I've never had a package from them go missing in 2 years of ordering from them in fairness.

Yeah, I have a clone KFL Lite 2019, and keep on getting dry hits. I tried all sorted of different builds and it wouldn't play ball. I love my kayfuns. Have a Mini V3 which I've used for years and still use. I also used the original Kayfun Lite+ back in the day and a Prime. I still have them. But they're a PITA as having to fill from the bottom with a grub screw. I'm sure the authentic will be fine as normally, all kayfuns I've had are very forgiving, build wise. I can't quite put my finger on why the clone wasn't playing ball. Fingers crossed the authentic will be fine. I also bought the ultem dome kit. It looks cool, plus you get about another 1.5ml of capacity.
    Ditto on the juice. I ordered from smokedaddypig or WTF they're called, cos they do 50/50 6mg shortfills. Plus reviews of the juices seemed reasonable. I'll let you know how I get on as I should receive delivery of it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

The KFL can be a little contrary when it comes to wicking, don't use much cotton, less is more on this one. Flavour though is excellent.

Got my authentic kayfun lite 2019 this morning, stuck a standard 2.5mm 1 ohm kanthal coil in it and it's super. Chain vaped it there and not one dry hit. The satisfying bubbles rose up from the juice holes after each toke. Again, like with any kayfun, the flavour is top. I left out the grub screw (plastic one) as I like a loose MTL draw and it's pretty much perfect.

The daddy pig smoke juice is good quality too. A bit pricey, but the 4 bottles I got will keep me going for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rincoe Manto 80w AIO, drip tip aside it's a tidy little machine. Haven't properly put it through it's paces yet but so far so good. Plenty of flavour off the coils, takes a single 18650 and the one i ordered has a 3ml bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

conjon wrote: »
    Jonski research the billet box. The dotmod is based on it. The Sxk bb clone is back next week on the Chinese sites. That's got a dna60 in it. It's also a lot more flexible and also in terms of spares cheaper.

+1 on the SXK BB, have one for years and it's only now, after much abuse, developed some minor magnet and panel niggles.

Got my authentic kayfun lite 2019 this morning, stuck a standard 2.5mm 1 ohm kanthal coil in it and it's super. Chain vaped it there and not one dry hit. The satisfying bubbles rose up from the juice holes after each toke. Again, like with any kayfun, the flavour is top. I left out the grub screw (plastic one) as I like a loose MTL draw and it's pretty much perfect.

Got mine yesterday and put same coil in as well. I did have high expectations and I must say it has lived up to them so far. Just such a smooth vape and remarkable build quality. Very happy I got the dome ice cap as well, more capacity and looks great.

Got mine yesterday and put same coil in as well. I did have high expectations and I must say it has lived up to them so far. Just such a smooth vape and remarkable build quality. Very happy I got the dome ice cap as well, more capacity and looks great.

hah, classic. I've got the ultem dome cap and drip tip (on an istick 30w too) :p. It holds a load of juice. Fooking great bit of kit though. Vaping it non stop since I put my first build in it. It's so smooth, in comparison to the same juice in the zlide that I have. Plus no matter how much I chain it, it never gets too hot where it becomes uncomfortable, and not even a hint of a threat of a dry hit. Worth every penny.
    499889.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Ordered aspire tigon and nautilus x thanks, had a nautilus x a few years ago and didn't like it but thought I'd give it another try, also got my first istick after years of vaping not expecting much, although anything has to be better than my yihi q mini?

Still cant get decent flavour from my 2 kayfun primes, dont know what I'm doing wrong, using cotton bacon but there is absolutely no flavour at all! I'll probably try once more then bin them like I did with all my sub ohm gear and old mtl stuff I couldnt be bothered with.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Ordered aspire tigon and nautilus x thanks, had a nautilus x a few years ago and didn't like it but thought I'd give it another try, also got my first istick after years of vaping not expecting much, although anything has to be better than my yihi q mini?

Still cant get decent flavour from my 2 kayfun primes, dont know what I'm doing wrong, using cotton bacon but there is absolutely no flavour at all! I'll probably try once more then bin them like I did with all my sub ohm gear and old mtl stuff I couldnt be bothered with.

😲😲😲 Jeez man don't bin those Primes.
    Kayfuns can be a little contrary with wicking at times.
    I'll get back to you later with some wicking tips that might help.

• Advertisement

😲😲😲 Jeez man don't bin those Primes.
    Kayfuns can be a little contrary with wicking at times.
    I'll get back to you later with some wicking tips that might help.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it, I've been trying on and off ever since they came out (2 years?) And cant get the hang of them, I have the candy and the Pete busardo ones and they're better, not brilliant but better although I haven't used those for over a year, I just went back to the aspire nautilus 2 but the coils only last 1-2 days but the flavour is very good.

monkeynuz wrote: »

Out of all the kayfuns I've got, the original KFL+, Kayfun Mini v3, Kayfun 5 and Prime (I avoided the spaceship one), I never really got on with the 5 or Prime. They were quite similar on construction. I always had oozing from the airflow ring with those two and felt they were over engineered compared to the others. The best by far is the new KFL+ 2019 and a close second being the Mini V3.

Can't really say I ever had issues with flavour in any of them though? I've used cotton bacon for years in my MTL builds and always use simple single wire kanthal coils ~0.8-1ohm mark. Always decent flavour however. What kind of coil are you putting in them and what PG/VG juice? Don't chuck them though, worth a few quid those.

hah, classic. I've got the ultem dome cap and drip tip (on an istick 30w too) :p. It holds a load of juice. Fooking great bit of kit though. Vaping it non stop since I put my first build in it. It's so smooth, in comparison to the same juice in the zlide that I have. Plus no matter how much I chain it, it never gets too hot where it becomes uncomfortable, and not even a hint of a threat of a dry hit. Worth every penny.

I actually found an old Smok stick and stuck it on, working surprisingly well and looks great. I found wicking to be really straightforward. I've rewicked it 3 times now and perfect every time. I do have other tanks with similar wicking wells/holes so I just followed the same method. I know from experience now when I haven't used enough cotton or too much cotton.

Out of all the kayfuns I've got, the original KFL+, Kayfun Mini v3, Kayfun 5 and Prime (I avoided the spaceship one), I never really got on with the 5 or Prime. They were quite similar on construction. I always had oozing from the airflow ring with those two and felt they were over engineered compared to the others. The best by far is the new KFL+ 2019 and a close second being the Mini V3.

Can't really say I ever had issues with flavour in any of them though? I've used cotton bacon for years in my MTL builds and always use simple single wire kanthal coils ~0.8-1ohm mark. Always decent flavour however. What kind of coil are you putting in them and what PG/VG juice? Don't chuck them though, worth a few quid those.

Between 0.8 and 1.6 coil iirc. 50/50 liquid mainly, perhaps 60/40 occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Uwell Crown Pod kit. Bought 2x Caliburn systems over the past 5-6 months, and both have pretty much died, I'll give them one more chance. The Crown Pod looks tougher and has better battery, also I like the look of the pods, 1ohm and 0.6, giving a little more diversity. We shall see ... Much as I like the Caliburn, just not had great luck with using them for work, one got a little wet and caved, the other has been going up to now but the button fell off and I have found out of a 4 pack of pods I'm lucky to get 2 decent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Anyone Know if ordering from Fasttech is ok with Anpost at the moment? I know there not sending anything to China but can't find any info on recieving ??

bearclaire wrote: »
    Anyone Know if ordering from Fasttech is ok with Anpost at the moment? I know there not sending anything to China but can't find any info on recieving ??

I ordered stuff during Chinese New year a few weeks ago and it still isn't dispatched yet so can't help I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭corkie

I ordered stuff during Chinese New year a few weeks ago and it still isn't dispatched yet so can't help I'm afraid

Cross thread quotes here:-
    corkie wrote: »
    "Service alert: the ongoing coronavirus spread is placing China under defecto lockdown.
    Local labor policy currently prevents staffs from returning to work as scheduled.
    Customer service is available with limited capacity at this time as we work from home.
    Shipping is now expected to resume normal service on February 10, 2020. More details to follow. "

Message on fasttech, so along with 'CNY' shutdown, expect delays on anything ordered.
    Just in case anyone has to return a parcel to China, An Post have suspended all their outward mails services to the country.

https://www.anpost.com/Media-Centre/News/Suspension-of-mail-to-China
    silver2020 wrote: »
    China Closed on 23rd January and reopened today after the extended new year break.

There will be a huge backlog and that's on top of freight issues.

Realistically, expect the items in early to mid March

China should have opened up on the 10th, as people mentioned backlogs, and that is if international cargo planes are entering the country again. Message is gone from fasttech.

Reddit post with:-
    Checking my open Fasttech order due to ship 2/10 found notice that shipments will not commence until 2/17.

Carriers aren't bringing much if anything in from China at the moment. The An Post coffers are nearly empty of Asian mail and will probably remain like that for some time I'd imagine.

Advertisement