Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaping costs

Options
  • 21-03-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I built a few years ago but never got round to the landscaping and now the area has become overgrown with thistles/nettles and dock leaves. Ideally I would like the area rotovated, leveled and planted with lawn seed. However my percolation area occupies a large area of the site and I would be wary about a tractor driving over it and upsetting my pipework.

The area is about 10,000 sqFt and I am based in the kildare area .. Any ideas how much I'm looking at paying or how much a similar project cost you?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

jayo99 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I built a few years ago but never got round to the landscaping and now the area has become overgrown with thistles/nettles and dock leaves. Ideally I would like the area rotovated, leveled and planted with lawn seed. However my percolation area occupies a large area of the site and I would be wary about a tractor driving over it and upsetting my pipework.

The area is about 10,000 sqFt and I am based in the kildare area .. Any ideas how much I'm looking at paying or how much a similar project cost you?

Thats about 929 square meters of an area then.

You can hire out large self propelled/geared petrol powered hydraulic rotivators for about 70-80 euro a day (Sam Hire and JW Hire Shops).

Very good and a fraction of the weight of a tractor.

Thats one option for you,if you are worried about weight of a tractor and also keeping down the overall costs (do it yourself).:)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Paddy, a rotovator is not an option.. While it may be an option for the percolation area it wont do for the remainder of the site. I hired one already and when the guy delivered he tested it and the ground was too hard for the rotovator to break up.. It bounced across the surface :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

jayo99 wrote: »
    Paddy, a rotovator is not an option.. While it may be an option for the percolation area it wont do for the remainder of the site. I hired one already and when the guy delivered he tested it and the ground was too hard for the rotovator to break up.. It bounced across the surface :(

I wasnt aware (until reading it now) of the ground being too hard for a rotivator.Sorry to hear that.

What about possibly spraying the site with the likes of roundup or brushwood killer,similar and leaving it for a few weeks?This would kill off the thistles ,nettles and otherweeds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

hope this helps , local kildare guy, http://www.adverts.ie/home-services/mini-digger-and-driver-hire/1257512, small mini digger to loosen ground and strong rotavator but small and big enough at same time to do area of that size

Advertisement