Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is homework enough?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,I have just gotten back my mocks and am quite happy with how I did; 6As 3Bs(2 83%s :mad:) and 1C. I can't say that I really studied loads throughout the year, just little bit after my homework most nights and a good bit coming up to the mocks.I always listen in class and try to do my homework to a really good standard but this takes me a long time and I usually still have a good bit left to do coming home from evening study at 20 30.As the junior cert approaches do you think that it would help staying up until 11 or so trying to do extra revision?My parents tell me a good nights sleep would do me more use but I really want try and bring those 3 Bs to As and the C to a B or an A.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Your parents are right. Please listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

If you haven't been studying much, more study will certainly improve your grades.

Look at it this way:

These are your final few weeks and after this, you have a whole Transition Year where you don't need to study at all. It would be shame to let these weeks go to waste.
    (If you're going into 5th Year then forget that first comment of course) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

cathalio11 wrote: »
    If you haven't been studying much, more study will certainly improve your grades.

Look at it this way:

These are your final few weeks and after this, you have a whole Transition Year where you don't need to study at all. It would be shame to let these weeks go to waste.
    (If you're going into 5th Year then forget that first comment of course) :D

Thanks for replies :)

I know what you mean but I do think that I've been studying as much as I can with taking homework into consideration . I mean surely doing your homework to a good standard is as good as studying. I don't know :confused: ...

Did you do the JC last year ?If so how much extra study would you have done per night?

My homework seems to take up a lot of time, would you consider specifically studying to be more valuable then doing really good homework?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're going to do very well. The exam is designed for it.
    Studying is to give a you a solid foundation for Leaving Cert. and so is worth doing. Wait until you see how much JC work the teachers will have to re-do for those who have only a superficial knowledge of the various courses going into LC.

Advertisement