Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget Plus Size Bras

• 21-03-2012 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm really stuck for somewhere that sells good plus size bras - ie, DD+ - that's not too expensive. La Senza used to be my go-to place, but that's obviously out the window now! I appreciate that an expensive bra is an investment, but I really don't have the dosh to be spending much more than 20 quid on a bra. I'm particularly on the lookout for a multi-way.
    Any other busty ladies have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

You should try TK Maxx if there is one near you. They have a pretty good selection of sizes and you'll definitely find ones for under 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

M&S is pretty good, although I don't really rate their support or fit. Price wise it'd suit you, I think. At least some would. Penneys do some plus size bras but again I don't rate their support and/or fit...but everyone's different, so it might be worth a look.

If you're in Dublin Clery's often have good sales on, and often a rack of stuff at the back if you don't mind rooting. I got 4 bras there for a tenner each before - Fantasie, Freya, Masquerade and Panache. All good brands.

Online I'd go to figleaves.com every time, I love it. Have yet to be disappointed. Prices vary but they do have some own name stock that should suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I know this might sound weird but I'm an E cup and Tesco is where I've gotten my bras in the last year. I couldn't afford 40 euro a pop in Debenhams for a bra and out of sheer frustration bought a Tesco one for a tenner - fitted perfect, washes well and look pretty too!
    Penneys/Primark are getting a whole lot better in the last few months since everyone started flooding their facebook with pleas for bigger size bras - their new sports bras are fantatsic, exactly (and I mean exactly) the same as the 60 euro ones. They are still a bit hit and miss with the padded styles but I have found some lovely ones that fit very well. I bought a satin one in a set last Christmas and I love it.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I have been going to Marks and Spencers for bras. The last time I really needed a new bra and they only had old lady styles in my size (there was an underwear promotion on) but the time before that I got lovely coloured, lacy bras in my size for the 20 euro mark.

Others - places - Asda in Enniskillen and Tescos (both here and in NI).

I must try Penneys - never think to look there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

+1 for penneys or even Dunnes - but it can be hard to find the correct sizes.

Funnily enough, I got a Tesco bra a few weeks ago and it wasn't bad at all. I think I'm a slightly smaller cup size then normal in them though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement