Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WC parts -missing anything?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

Right (s)experts, nothing is set in stone yet, but if i can find ~€410 within 30 days i can order this stuff, and hopefully my friend wont mind bringing it back to Ireland with them :D

197090.JPG

Shopping done at www.frozencpu.com

anything im missing? ah **** no fans.... anything besides fans im missing?

absolute mix bag of brands there. :o

anything you'd change for similar money? and stupid mistakes? anyone still play pacman?

thanks.

ive done alot of reading, and it looks like a slim 360 rad will fit in the 600T. it also looks like it'll handle a 6990 +2500K with bearable temps with 3x 1000rpm GT fans. wont be ideal, but it'll be a hell of a lot quieter than it is now, and if the GPU doesnt hit 94C gaming its doing a better job than stock :o

ill add in another 200mm rad when funds permit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    WC parts -missing anything?

toiletthreefifty.JPG

[EDIT] :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Maybe I'm missing something but I cant see barbs/compression fittings there?
    It seems pretty expensive for them, would www.specialtech.co.uk not be cheaper?

Edit: just noticed the barbs included with each item :P

Also check this out for inspiration:
    http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php?/topic/37680-600t-watercooled-build/

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

+1 on Specialtech, I've ordered from them twice and a mate's got stuff there too and they've been fast and cheaper than anywhere else.

What about the hose clips? you'll need to put them on over the tube on the barb?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Yup, assuming there are only barbs with each item there, you'll need clamps too.

I chucked the same stuff into a basket on Specialtech and it came to €360 ($490)...

For reference: You should only shop at FCPU if they stock stuff that you can't find anywhere else. They're quite over-priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Somebody is dropping a few quid this month :eek:

• Advertisement

cyburger wrote: »
    +1 on Specialtech, I've ordered from them twice and a mate's got stuff there too and they've been fast and cheaper than anywhere else.

What about the hose clips? you'll need to put them on over the tube on the barb?

He would be better off using 7\16" ID - 5\8" OD (11-16mm) Tubing and 1/2" barbs so would not need hose clips and would look 100 times better then.

I use 1/2" ID tubing on 1/2 barbs and they work fine with no leaks, if I was planning on moving it alot though I would go with 7/16 ID tubing on 1/2" barbs.

You're running 1/2 barbs on 1/2 tubing, with no clamps?! You're braver than I am.

Considering the 600T doesn't even have a window, I don't think looks would be top of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

it'll have a window by the end of the week ;)

Thanks for all the tips. i really don't know much about water, but especially about fittings. I just can't stand the noise :o

so 1/2" barbs + the tubing deceit mentions is the way to go, and I don't have to worry about clamps?

Personally, I think that's insane. I'd never chance that. You could do 1/2 with 7/16 tubing alright (though I'd still check it every month or so) as I've seen lots of people use this with no ill effects, but 1/2 tubing is designed to be used with 1/2 barbs, and clamps.

If you're going for looks, get compressions. A hell of a lot safer than no barbs, and they look great too.

it'll have a window by the end of the week ;)

Thanks for all the tips. i really don't know much about water, but especially about fittings. I just can't stand the noise :o

so 1/2" barbs + the tubing deceit mentions is the way to go, and I don't have to worry about clamps?

Yea definiately, it will be a bit harder to get on but once you get it on, no worrys about it coming loose :).
    I posted one of my pc's to germany filled with water with this tubing/no clamps and not a single drop spilled so I could vouch for it 100%.

Edit: I do think he's right though about compression fittings they look much better.

• Advertisement

theyre also far more expensive though :(

ill do up a basket when I get home on specialtech with compressions and see where I stand, and wait for you lot to convince me to spend more :P

theyre also far more expensive though :(

ill do up a basket when I get home on specialtech with compressions and see where I stand, and wait for you lot to convince me to spend more :P

In fairness the 1/2" barbs and 7/16" tubing will be fine for your needs and would be just as safe as compression fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

it'll have a window by the end of the week

Where are you getting the side panel with the window and how much is it costing if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

deceit wrote: »
    I use 1/2" ID tubing on 1/2 barbs and they work fine with no leaks, if I was planning on moving it alot though I would go with 7/16 ID tubing on 1/2" barbs.

I wouldn't risk it with no clamps but each to their own :D you can't see into my case (and it's just as well...) so I'd rather be safe, it gets moved around the odd time so I like the peace of mind.

I agree with Serephucus, if you want to go for looks, consider using compression fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Here's another WC 600t build for a bit more inspiration!
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=212652

Neilos wrote: »
    Where are you getting the side panel with the window and how much is it costing if you don't mind me asking?
    here
    the window can be changed into a mesh panel with fan mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I use specialtech and watercoolinguk

Advertisement