Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Humidifier for Baby

Options
  • 21-03-2012 7:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

My poor little man has a bit of a stuffy nose, I tried to use the saline spray but his nostrils are too small to get it up, so the chemist recommended saline drops, which I've been using for the past 2 days but i get more on his face and nearly in his eye than up his nose.

Been reading up and people are recomending to get a Humidifier, so are there any Mammys or Daddys out there that could recommend one that they have been using for their little bundles of joy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

I dont know about the humidifier but I have been using karvol capsules either broken and put on a tissue beside him or pierced into hot water... It does seem to help... Also try to keep baba out of room with very drying heat e.g. gas electric fires, heaters etc

those drops are very hard to get into them but I find the calpol spray much better than the little noses one. With the little noses one, when i would finally get to spray in the right direction, the blinkin thing wouldnt spray - the calpol one seems better.

Oh and I found my ds was getting dehydrated and also able to eat less bottle so i had to give him some water to keep him hydrated..

good luck - its so horrible to hear them struggle to breathe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I've been using this one and find it good.

My little one wouldn't keep still long enough to get the drops in her nose and it does the trick. There is a well where you can put some olbas or vicks oil once the baby is 3 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

Thanks, I got the Karvol Capsules so will try them tonight and see how we get on, if they dont work then I will look into getting a humidifer. Thanks again.

Advertisement