Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPad 2 or IPad 3?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What did you go with in the end? 32GB here, that's plenty for me, I think.

I ordered the official case, the other thread is making me wonder. Shipping said it would be here March 29th-30th, now UPS are saying tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Calibos wrote: »
    Was going to be in the market for a tablet in the next few months and had my eye on the new Asus Transformer Prime. My mother was visiting my aunt in Perth in Oz and she said she would have a look for one over there. I told her not to bother because its probably much more expensive in Australia because most stuff is. Anyway, she PM's me asking about specs and points me to the website of Perths equivelent to Powercity. Cheapest one they had was six or seven hundred euro. Feck that I said. I then saw the iPad 2 16gb Wifi for AUD$426. I asked her to check out the Ipad2's. She texts me back that she got it for AUD$399 and that she'll get 10% tax back at Australian customs when she leaves the country in a few weeks. Equivelent Euro price? €280 :D:D:D The Aussie Aunt has been in and out of this country with her Ipad loads of times. The mother can just say she brought it to Oz with her from Ireland on her return.

TBH, its not like I needed the specs or keyboard of the Transformer Prime but if we were only talking an extra hundred, they'd be nice to haves. Not at twice the price though. My 3GS does all I need in terms of Apps, ie. Internet browsing and Telescope control with a Planetarium App (Sky Safari). I really just want a larger screen. 16gb Wifi Ipad 2 will do just fine.
    Same so as getting it here from someone who can claim back the vat I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Black Oil wrote: »
    What did you go with in the end? 32GB here, that's plenty for me, I think.

I ordered the official case, the other thread is making me wonder. Shipping said it would be here March 29th-30th, now UPS are saying tomorrow!

I got a 16GB new iPad. Upgrading from my first gen, which I gave to my Mrs.
    Ive had a "proper" cover on my iPad for the guts of two years so much prefer them.

I picked the Smart Cover up on Saturday and its just not for me. Put it back in its box and have it up on adverts for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Calibos wrote: »
    Was going to be in the market for a tablet in the next few months and had my eye on the new Asus Transformer Prime. My mother was visiting my aunt in Perth in Oz and she said she would have a look for one over there. I told her not to bother because its probably much more expensive in Australia because most stuff is. Anyway, she PM's me asking about specs and points me to the website of Perths equivelent to Powercity. Cheapest one they had was six or seven hundred euro. Feck that I said. I then saw the iPad 2 16gb Wifi for AUD$426. I asked her to check out the Ipad2's. She texts me back that she got it for AUD$399 and that she'll get 10% tax back at Australian customs when she leaves the country in a few weeks. Equivelent Euro price? €280 :D:D:D The Aussie Aunt has been in and out of this country with her Ipad loads of times. The mother can just say she brought it to Oz with her from Ireland on her return.

TBH, its not like I needed the specs or keyboard of the Transformer Prime but if we were only talking an extra hundred, they'd be nice to haves. Not at twice the price though. My 3GS does all I need in terms of Apps, ie. Internet browsing and Telescope control with a Planetarium App (Sky Safari). I really just want a larger screen. 16gb Wifi Ipad 2 will do just fine.
    Same so as getting it here from someone who can claim back the vat I suppose
    Well a refurb 16 gb €349 -21% = €277aprox

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A Non-UPS labour action has interrupted general transit or flight movement.

Grr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Sounds like the German airport strikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Damn just ordered the refurbed one hoping to have it before the weekend - it's still saying delivery 29/30th so i live in hope :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hennybug wrote: »
    Damn just ordered the refurbed one hoping to have it before the weekend - it's still saying delivery 29/30th so i live in hope :)

I got one a couple of weeks ago shipped from UK directly into Ireland with TNT. Delivered next day.

Hopefully the strike situation will ease...

Arrived today, am literally only getting around to opening the box now. Looking forward to playing with it. Must have a look around for relevant threads to see what I need to learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I got mine this afternoon and have spent the last couple of hours playing with it - I think i'm already addicted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I picked up the iPad 3 today in Harvey Norman. I tried out the iPad 2 first and asked myself was the iPad 3 worth the extra 80 euro? Screen wise it was better and marginally faster than the iPad 2. So I went for it and love it so far. Better to have the most latest version iPad than older one. If there was €200 of a difference between the two devices, I would have left it after me but I didn't think €80 more wasnt that expensive for the iPad 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Bought my iPad today in Harvey Normans. Went for the 16gb wifi version. I am using the wifi hotspot on my iPhone to connect via wifi. It was worth paying an extra €80 IMO. Not a whole lot extra for a better screen and a faster processor. Really happy with it so far. Haven't put it down since I got it four hours ago.

Advertisement