Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netflix problems on latest AppleTV OS

• 21-03-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced any issues with Netflix since upgrading the OS 2 weeks ago?
    I've been getting a lot of "an error occurred ..." messages. Repeatedly trying to play any show or movie would result in this. I'd have to leave it for a while and come back to get it to work.
    I thought maybe my connection was dipping a little but then found that at the same time, it would work fine on the PS3.

Restarting the AppleTV also seems to get it working again but it returns within a couple of days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

I've experienced no problems with mine since the latest OS. I don't really like the new UI though, doesn't look as slick as the last one. Also and a bit off topic but since I updated the Netflix iOS app, it doesn't remember my username and password anymore which is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Has anyone experienced any issues with Netflix since upgrading the OS 2 weeks ago?
    I've been getting a lot of "an error occurred ..." messages. Repeatedly trying to play any show or movie would result in this. I'd have to leave it for a while and come back to get it to work.
    I thought maybe my connection was dipping a little but then found that at the same time, it would work fine on the PS3.

Restarting the AppleTV also seems to get it working again but it returns within a couple of days.

I bought the new Apple TV last week and decided to give Netflix a go. Sounds like I'm having the same problems you mention. Haven't been able to watch a full movie without it dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

DerryRed wrote: »

I bought the new Apple TV last week and decided to give Netflix a go. Sounds like I'm having the same problems you mention. Haven't been able to watch a full movie without it dropping.

I think the difference is more noticeable because the normal itunes movies use progressive download rather than streaming which handles network issues better. Netflix uses streaming which can pause or stop completely.
    One thing I have found that helps a little is restating the apple TV when Netflix gives problems.
    Plus I've found the new os to be very prone to crashes as in random restarts of the device.

Advertisement