Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do I sell my TDR for?

• 21-03-2012 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

So i've decided to sell my bike because I'm just not getting the use out of it anymore (working away a good bit).

The bike is a '98 with around 17 or 18k on it (haven't looked at the mileage in ages!) and runs perfectly - just got it serviced a month ago too. Also taxed till next year.

However, I know that there are 3 things that will need changing by a prospective buyer:
    - Foot brake switch which currently doesn't activate the rear brake light (the front brake does so I just squeeze that lightly while rear braking)
    - Loose / crossed wires that means when indicating right, the rear one stays on and the front one doesn't light (left side indicates fine)
    - Front tyre has a slow puncture (needs hardening once every two weeks or so) and probably could do with being changed grip wise anyway (have a new back tyre so that's fine).

I don't want to undersell it, but equally I don't want to price it the same as the equivalent bikes because of those small things the buyer will likely want to do if buying it.

I have a price range in mind, but I'm interested in getting some opinions on what you'd sell it for in my position.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I'd say about 600 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tdr 125 :(

I thought for a sec it was a 250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'll give ya a €60 note for it!

On a more serious note try for €800. If it doesn't sell, lower the price. Always someone willing to pay more.

My first proper bike was a '98 TDR, loved it so much :D Had my first drop off her too, busted up the gianelli pipe :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Thanks for the replies all - roughly in line with what I was thinking. Ye it's a great bike but im barely using it at the moment so figure it's better for someone else to learn on it than for me to needlessly hold onto it

• Advertisement
Advertisement