Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dental work less than half price

• 21-03-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/my-teeth/4244620

whats are peoples views on these guys? One thing I don't like is on the deal , they are advertised as 'MyDental' Clinic. If you google them, they are actually called ''MyTeeth'' Clinic http://www.myteeth.ie/

..they are the same place as they have the same address..I get suspicious when companies go by different names...can anyone shed any light on these guys as I am skint and in need of a crown asap. Thanks

[edit]
    This is incorrect, the company only trades as My Dental Clinic.

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Walshie

I think it's important to note the use of the words 'from' and 'up to' indicating it's going to cost more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Walshie wrote: »
    I think it's important to note the use of the words 'from' and 'up to' indicating it's going to cost more!

Nope..if you click on the deal it has a few packages to pick from, the cheapest one being 350 euro (check up and crown)..then deals for 2 crowns and 3 crowns and veneer etc...so its a fixed fee of 350 for check up and crown as far as I can see.

Anyone used them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I got a crown with them via groupon a month or so ago.
    Eastern Euro dentist, about mid 30s.
    Younger dentists, and they work on an assembly line style. Finish one patient, straight onto the next.
    I find them good though, good work, no complaints. No worse than any well established, overpaid Irish dentiest I ever used.
    Wouldnt want to work there, I'd say they are worked hard.

I got a crown with them via groupon a month or so ago.
    Eastern Euro dentist, about mid 30s.
    Younger dentists, and they work on an assembly line style. Finish one patient, straight onto the next.
    I find them good though, good work, no complaints. No worse than any well established, overpaid Irish dentiest I ever used.
    Wouldnt want to work there, I'd say they are worked hard.

Thanks for the info.
    When you got the crown done, did they charge you for any 'extras' of was it straight up 350 for the crown, job done?

I'm booked in to another well known chain group place for a crown, 600 euro so I'm considering this instead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

No extra charges. I got a veneer and crown done. They prepped for both the same day, then got me back in to fit the crown and veneer in the one day too.
    A thing to note though: they are very busy, so I would book for the prep one day, and also book for the follow up at the same time, maybe 7-10 days later.
    I had to wait a few weeks, as it was booked out after the initial prep day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrbad

Mydental, Must say, they are reasonably priced. Any one had any experience? I wonder about Some of the really expensive dentists. Are they really that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

When i was in Spain had this job done cost me 120 euro for two teeth have to go back in a month

It is the implants I am talking about.they are 1300, compared to 2300. I note that in Budapest and the Czech republic , offer this service for circa 600. So the cost for the bits probably 250. They all get them from the Same places.
    So plenty profit for them at 1300. I note that while it is a bit risky,time consuming to travel for this work,I would think they are as good overseas as they are here.dont they all go to the same colleges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Check prices with dentists up north before you consider flying to eastern europe. Way cheaper than our recession hit republic.

Wish Govt would tackle dentist, solicitor prices instead of hacking away at lower earners but that's another thread..

Wife got a lot done in Eniskillen for about half the price down here

GG66 wrote: »
    Check prices with dentists up north before you consider flying to eastern europe. Way cheaper than our recession hit republic.

Wish Govt would tackle dentist, solicitor prices instead of hacking away at lower earners but that's another thread..

Wife got a lot done in Eniskillen for about half the price down here

thanks GG66.
    i had a peak at northern prices and found them a little more expensive. this place on bath ave are really cheap.love to hear a report from someone whos attended.i wouldnt dream of getting work done outside eire.the eastern europeans are excellent but just to far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Really old thread . Expired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

If you get crowns done in Ireland you can claim some tax back.

How does this compare to the price of getting the equivalent work done in the North?

bmm wrote: »
    Really old thread . Expired!

Yep OP here..I ended up buying the voucher and using this crowd. ..I wouldnt use them again. .dont trust them.

I had visited another dentist just before using this crowd..that dentist advised me I needed 3 fillings and a crown replaced (had fallen out).Was told there would be no need for root canal. Got the 3 fillings and cancelled the crown as decided to buy the voucher and get the crown with this company.

Went in and was given a check up...was told I needed 10 fillings..including one that needed to be replaced (which I only got 1 week previously). I also apparently needed root canal at extra cost. I told them the story and told them I didnt trust them and wanted a refund on tbe voucher. Ended up being seen by another dentist there and got my crown (without root canal).

When asked for an explanation on the 10 fillings including the one needing replacement that I had only got, I was told the 9 teeth were in a very early stage of decay and that most dentists would not pick up on this. I was told the filling that needed replacement was poorly done so I asked for this in writing so I could go back to the previous dentist. I was assured this was no problem..I hounded them for weeks..never got it..just excuse (we lost your email address etc) after excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

zdooldreb wrote: »
    If you get crowns done in Ireland you can claim some tax back.

How does this compare to the price of getting the equivalent work done in the North?

You get still tax relief when the work is done in the north. They'll happily do a Med2 form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

You get still tax relief when the work is done in the north. They'll happily do a Med2 form.

+1

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Yep OP here..I ended up buying the voucher and using this crowd. ..I wouldnt use them again. .dont trust them.

I had visited another dentist just before using this crowd..that dentist advised me I needed 3 fillings and a crown replaced (had fallen out).Was told there would be no need for root canal. Got the 3 fillings and cancelled the crown as decided to buy the voucher and get the crown with this company.

Went in and was given a check up...was told I needed 10 fillings..including one that needed to be replaced (which I only got 1 week previously). I also apparently needed root canal at extra cost. I told them the story and told them I didnt trust them and wanted a refund on tbe voucher. Ended up being seen by another dentist there and got my crown (without root canal).

When asked for an explanation on the 10 fillings including the one needing replacement that I had only got, I was told the 9 teeth were in a very early stage of decay and that most dentists would not pick up on this. I was told the filling that needed replacement was poorly done so I asked for this in writing so I could go back to the previous dentist. I was assured this was no problem..I hounded them for weeks..never got it..just excuse (we lost your email address etc) after excuse.

just to further update this- I visited my usual dentist today for a check up, I was interested in what they had to say about my teeth as a year ago the myteeth/mydental crowd told me I needed 10 fillings. Was told all was looking good, no fillings needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

For all groupon deals bear in mind that they usually take 50% of the voucher price themselves.

So if you see 50% off they are usually doing it for 25% of that claimed regular price. So I would not expect a full "service" I might risk this for a curry, but my teeth...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement