Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have experience of disclosing a mental health issue such as depression?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

If so, and you would be willing to give up an hour of your time to be interviewed about your experience of telling others please get in touch.

To introduce myself, my name is Lisa and I am a Masters Student studying Applied Psychology. I am looking at experiences of disclosure regarding various mental health issues (anxiety, depression, bipolar etc) in various contexts (at home, with friends, at work etc) as part of my research project.

Despite increasing awareness and information about mental health, I think most people would agree it can still be a taboo subject and I am interested in finding out what kind of attitudes people are facing as well as how they deal with telling others, the reasons for doing so and what they learned from the experience. There may also be many positive experiences that people have had and that they are willing to share and it would be equally rewarding to learn more about these too.

If you think you would like to take part and share your experiences through an anonymous interview, you can pm me and I will be happy to chat further and send you on some more information

Thanks guys
    Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bite30

well i am alison i have two children have been trying to kill my self for as long as i remember the last time i done a good job my liver was failing but started come back to life i am open and honest about it bar to my children will explain when time is right , At the monment i not to good feeling low very low old taughts starting to come back i have been dianosed as bipolar but of meeds as i am not good with forms and never filled out the forms for my medical card

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement