Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Stoke WHL 7.45pm

Options
  • 21-03-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭

So here it is, the game that will put our season back on track.

Now don't start jumping down my throat on my next comment but does anyone else feel like everything is conspiring against us at the moment - we all hoped that the Bolton game would be a turning point in terms of a result and a performance and who could have predicted what happened there.

COYS.

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham duo Emmanuel Adebayor and Ledley King are both injury doubts.
    Harry Redknapp says anyone "not in the right frame of mind to play" following Fabrice Muamba's cardiac arrest will be allowed to miss Wednesday's game.
    Stoke forward Ricardo Fuller serves the second match of a three-game ban following his red card at Chelsea.
    Asmir Begovic is likely to return in goal in place of Thomas Sorensen, who started Sunday's FA Cup defeat at Liverpool.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hate Stoke. They have no redeeming features, and play some of the worst football in the league. They do get results though. If we lose this, i'd be very doubtful getting any Champions League spot this year.

Keep Bale and Lennon on the wings, and keep the pressure on. And for god sake, keep the focus up for any long throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

3-1 Spurs, Stoke are one dimensional, if we can’t beat these then throw in the towel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pretty sure Lennon is out although there is no mention of it on the text and C&P from BBC website.

Stoke haven't beaten a London team in their last 10 visits.

Seen the stat regarding us coming from behind. In games in which we have failed to score first we have 1W 1D and 6L

what ever happened the Spurs team of 2010/11 that had such a great appetite for coming from behind to win games. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

we were playing some decent stuff v bolton until muamba's unfortunate inncident so lets hope we can keep it up tonight.
    i think we'll see roughly the same starting 11 tonight and i think we can see this game out with a win..2-0.defoe and bale to get the goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Think we'll have enough to get a win though it may not be pretty.

Live tv coverage in Evergreen Bar Turners Cross Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm with Kiith, I hate Stoke! They were so jammy when we played them earlier in the year with one of the most bizzare refereeing performances I've seen in a long time gifting them the win. Let's hope that the lads get revenge this time around. Stoke will make it difficult, and will go for the usual long throw in ****e with some heavy handed tactics but hopefully we'll get the result.

It's difficult to tell what sort of an impact Saturday evenings events will have on the lads though. It could make the atmosphere amazing and get the players really going, or it could end up being a cold turkey with no goals.

One thing is for sure - we badly need to win. You wouldn't put it past Arsenal and Chelsea winning today (Chelsea the less likely but after Sunday you'd never know) so unless we do the same we'll be in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Keep king for sat or play him tonight ? Play gallas i'd imagine and have the king for the bridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Play King tonight. This is more of a must win game than the Chelsea game. If we lose tonight, I can't see us managing to maintain even 4th spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I agree with what has been said by a few, I hate Stoke and if there is any justice from earlier in the season we will get revenge. COYS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

with all due respect, this thing of not playing players cos they are mentally unable is absolute rubbish. It was terrible what happened muamba but you dont see other professions stop working because something happens a workmate ( and it looks like he will be ok)

Everyone to play and no excuses.

I agree, if we don win tonight we are in real trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If King is able to play tonight then he should, with the run we're on we can't afford to be prioritising any game at the expense of another. I fcuking hate Stoke, this is one of them games that I really, really hope we win, every time, more so now than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

mickman wrote: »
    with all due respect, this thing of not playing players cos they are mentally unable is absolute rubbish. It was terrible what happened muamba but you dont see other professions stop working because something happens a workmate ( and it looks like he will be ok)

Everyone to play and no excuses.

I agree, if we don win tonight we are in real trouble

Might get in trouble but have to agree with this, I've even seen on another messageboard some fans feeling guilty about cheering on the lads tonight as they cant get their head around what they saw on tv the other day. Little bit dramatic I have to say.

It's awful what happened, it truly is, but this happens every single day to countless numbers of people, what are we supposed to do? Stop everything? I can understand any of the players who were close to Muamba being shaken and not being in the right frame of mind, but really, everyone else should just move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

THFC wrote: »
    If King is able to play tonight then he should, with the run we're on we can't afford to be prioritising any game at the expense of another. I fcuking hate Stoke, this is one of them games that I really, really hope we win, every time, more so now than ever.

I totally agree we must win this and if there is any justice after the game at the Britiannia stadium we will hammer them:D

I hate stoke -horrible manager, fans,supporters,players...Some of the dirtiest ,timewasting cynical,anti-football ever displayed in my life.

Is it live on any TV channels or any streams?

On a sidenote Im over the moon Muamba appears to be making a miracleous recovery :) I was in shock myself watching it live and I felt that he would sadly be dead before he reached the hospital.:(

In summary :COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: time for serious payback;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Kranjcar, Modric, Parker, Bale; Van der Vaart, Saha

Subs: Cudicini, Nelsen, Rose, Giovani, Livermore, Sandro, Defoe.

Happy enough with that. Would be better if Lennon was fit but still confident now.

We really owe them one, so hope we give them a good beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Any links lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

golfball37 wrote: »
    Any links lads?

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=148811&part=sports

Sopcast one doesn't seem to be working and rest aren't the best.

Anyone got any better ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=148811&part=sports

Sopcast one doesn't seem to be working and rest aren't the best.

Anyone got any better ones??

4th one down assssports is the finest.

Manu thanks

Sloppy so far. Too many stray passes.
    Stoke looking like the team that play the free flowing football not us.

golfball37 wrote: »
    4th one down assssports is the finest.

Manu thanks

Ass sports? .... pretty sure I was streaming a movie by the same name last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 killianoreilly

anywhere to watch online??

• Advertisement

anywhere to watch online??

The match or the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 killianoreilly

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

As it stands Arsenal are 1pt ahead of us...
    We need to score soon, if they nick one they'll just park the bus! COYS!

PS. We're far superior than this lot, we should be upping the tempo, creating space, tearing them a new *sshole!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

As it stands Arsenal are 1pt ahead of us...
    We need to score soon, if they nick one they'll just park the bus! COYS!

PS. We're far superior than this lot, we should be upping the tempo, creating space, tearing them a new *sshole!

Can they really park the bus any more than they're already doing :P

saha looks sharp

shooting from way out , no real chances.

we have been here before :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Asssports rocks;)

Great stream thanks!

0-0 Half time and were looking tired already:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    shooting from way out , no real chances.

we have been here before :-)

Drenthe goal disallowed, well onside:mad:

Three offsides against Everton, all onside! WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A piece of magic required, step forward luka..

Advertisement