Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo Video - Papa's Boy

• 21-03-2012 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Has anyone watched Papa's Boy - the short film available free on Nintendo Video at the moment, on the 3DS?

Would love to know your thoughts and feedback!

It was produced in Dublin by ourselves, (Ink & Light) and we haven't had a chance to see it yet on the 3DS :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Oh, the dancing rat/mouse.
    It was pretty good.
    It's not on Nintendo Video anymore. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Boooooo. I have a European 3DS but I live in Canada and I'm not allowed access any videos :(

Any smart people know a trick for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I tried looking for it yesterday and couldn't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Watched it a few times and the animation was superb.
    Well done and please can we have more? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tamsin2011

Cheers guys! Seems that it was only up for 2 weeks, but glad some of you got to see.

Quite mind-boggling numbers of downloads, so nice to actually connect with people rather than statistics.

There will be 6 more films from some of our friends over the next few weeks - very different styles but really nice, so keep an eye out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Aw, I missed it! I keep forgetting to check the video app, I really wish the videos would be available to view from some kind of library, instead of a limited time, but it's an amazing facility for viewing 3D videos nonetheless. Is it available to view on YouTube or Vimeo maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Tamsin2011 wrote: »
    Cheers guys! Seems that it was only up for 2 weeks, but glad some of you got to see.

Quite mind-boggling numbers of downloads, so nice to actually connect with people rather than statistics.

There will be 6 more films from some of our friends over the next few weeks - very different styles but really nice, so keep an eye out...

In American, Nintendo are selling some of the videos that appeared on their Nintendo Video.
    Any plans to do the same here?
    Maybe you could contact Nintendo and ask for us if you don't know.
    I'd be interested in buying some of the stuff I've missed, provided they're priced right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tamsin2011

@Wolverine359 We are going to sell it through iTunes etc eventually, so its not available on vimeo or YouTube yet, just a teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G62Huqb3w-g
    Its really nice to have a platform for it as 3D, most have only wanted the 2D version

@/\/ollog I'm afraid I don't have a contact at Nintendo, it went through our distributor but I will pass it on to him. It would be great if they would offer a sales option, makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm afraid it's gone but I loved it when it was around, really well put together and great graphics. Certainly I'm even happier to learn now it was an Irish made animation. Seriously well done to all of you for this great piece of art.

Advertisement