Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pearly Gates

Options
  • 21-03-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭

A priest and a rabbi arrived at the Pearly Gates. St Peter said: "Can I help you, gentlemen?"

"I hope so," said the priest. Father Feherty and Rabbi Michaels, we've just died and we would like to be welcomed into Heaven." St Peter studied his clipboard for their names. "I'm afraid not," he said. "You're not on my entry list."

"But we must be," they chorused. "We're pillars of our respective faiths."

St Peter scratched his head. "I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll send you down to Hell for the time being and if Satan is happy to transfer you up here, I'll accept you into Heaven. So St Peter sent them on their way, chuckling to himself because he knew full well that Satan never lets anyone go to Heaven.

But fifteen minutes later, the priest reappeared at the Pearly Gates. "I don't believe it!" said St Peter. "Satan let you come back?"

"Yes," said the priest. "He was in a good mood and said that for twenty bucks each we could escape from Hell and enjoy an eternal afterlife in Heaven."

"So where is the rabbi?" inquired St Peter.

"I don't know," said the priest. "But when I left he had got Satan down to £19.50."

Advertisement