Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using my laptop in Japan?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I have the correct adapter just wondering if it is ok to just plug in the laptop to recharge the battery or does the difference in voltage matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

. For Japan use the two pin adapter 100~110 volt .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Most modern power supply units are multi-voltage, so you should be able to just plug it in (double-check the label first though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

I was recently in Japan and had no problems. Your power adaptor will state the range it supports. Most likely (definitely likely!) it will support Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Should have no problems! My boyfriend and I are currently in Japan, and both our laptops work perfectly with the two pin adaptor. As long as your charger has the 'box' on the wire for adapting the voltage, you'll be fine!

My boyfriend and I are currently in Japan

AND WHERE IS HE NOW?

AT A BUKKAKE PARTY, MOST LIKELY

SORRY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

AND WHERE IS HE NOW?

AT A BUKKAKE PARTY, MOST LIKELY

SORRY

Not very appropriate. Consider this a warning.

Not very appropriate. Consider this a warning.

It was a joke, but I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

The answer is yes, your laptop will work in Japan.

If you want to be 100% sure, check the label on the underside of the power supply. It will state the range of acceptable input voltage, something like this: INPUT 100-240VAC; and also the acceptable input frequency: 50-60 Hz.

The mains voltage in Japan is 100V. The system frequency is 60 Hz in the west of Japan (e.g. Osaka) and 50 Hz in the east of Japan (e.g. Tokyo).

Advertisement