Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car lower on one side

• 21-03-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭

I moved the mustang to its new home and it was sitting in the driveway when I noticed that it is about 3cm lower on the left rear than the right rear. It has new (1.5 years) leaf springs, but they must be the issue. What I was thinking of was that where it was parked up before was on a bit of a slope, with the left being lower, could that have ruined my springs, or will they just bounce back (!) now that it is on more level ground?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

mustang68 wrote: »
    I moved the mustang to its new home and it was sitting in the driveway when I noticed that it is about 3cm lower on the left rear than the right rear. It has new (1.5 years) leaf springs, but they must be the issue. What I was thinking of was that where it was parked up before was on a bit of a slope, with the left being lower, could that have ruined my springs, or will they just bounce back (!) now that it is on more level ground?

Thanks

Unless the car is parked on a snooker table there'll always be a slight difference in all four corners.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭mustang68

Hmmm, it is down quite a lot. Shipping springs over is a huge expense as they are leaf springs and it doesn't look very balanced at all to drive, I hope that it evens out a bit, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

our garage at home is at the top of a slight incline. every car we've owned has been slightly lower on the right when looked at from the bottom of the incline.
    We have always put it down to the fact Irish roads would have a natural camber which causes the car to level out on the cambered road with one side ending up lower than the other when on a perfect flat, and more obvious when seen from slightly below. I presume yours will level out over time too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

Do you know how old the springs are, maybe it's time to refresh them. Heard good reports about Portlaoise Springs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭mustang68

Justjens wrote: »
    Do you know how old the springs are, maybe it's time to refresh them. Heard good reports about Portlaoise Springs.

Maybe two years, or so...

• Advertisement
Advertisement