Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a good count for Unique Visitors?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, i have started a website with the last few weeks, its in a niche market and going quite well, i think, I'm wondering what would be a good day for unique visitors, In the last 24 hours, i have had 296 unique visitors, and 876 hits.

Obviously, there are a lot of variables that can decide how many visits you get but from a advertising side, how many hits a day would entice advertisers for banner ads? Any info would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

296 visitors in 24 hours is extremely good for a new website. Are you measuring using Google Analytics? How old is the site?

Also, when you say 'hits' do you mean pageviews?

Don't hold your breath for any meaningful income from traditional banner ads, unless your site is getting massive traffic, well in excess of 100k p/v plus per month, you'll be ignored by the media agencies that buy banner ad space.

Your best hope is to trade/sell advertising space directly to advertisers, in which case you could probably start selling now at a low price, or take the easier option and use Google AdSense.

Using Google AdSense I got an average of €1.72 RPM (revenue per thousand page views) last month, it will vary from month to month, and it will also vary according to the vertical you're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

Yes, page views, i just checked now, and i have a reading of 117 unique visitors so far today. yes, i do use the google anaylictics as well. I think your right about direct to the advertiser, thats what i'll do i think. Regarding adsense, i registered with them, and then they came back and said their not enough info or something, that was practically after i started the site, It is only going since the end of January, and just promoting it as best i can.Each time i try to log in to the adsense account, it won't be allowed access. I looked at their forums and loads of people has the same issue so i left it. Do you know off any way i could sort this, and thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

cormee wrote: »
    296 visitors in 24 hours is extremely good for a new website. Are you measuring using Google Analytics? How old is the site?

Also, when you say 'hits' do you mean pageviews?

Don't hold your breath for any meaningful income from traditional banner ads, unless your site is getting massive traffic, well in excess of 100k p/v plus per month, you'll be ignored by the media agencies that buy banner ad space.

Your best hope is to trade/sell advertising space directly to advertisers, in which case you could probably start selling now at a low price, or take the easier option and use Google AdSense.

Using Google AdSense I got an average of €1.72 RPM (revenue per thousand page views) last month, it will vary from month to month, and it will also vary according to the vertical you're in.

What would you regard as good page views a day,300? 500?,

Advertisement