Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter weekend Camping

Options
  • 21-03-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Over the past couple of years, have really took to camping again, and Im looking to go Easter weekend to a site in Wicklow. with my two daughters 10 & 5. would it be told cold during the night for them? or would it be ok.
    I have mummy bags, blow up beds. pillows etc

I will have a little campfire going, but that wont help during the night,
    I've also bought a new outwell magic tent, and seems to be fine.

any suggestions ? or would we be ok ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Those blow up beds are atrocious for insulating you against the cold, something like a alpkit mat or a thermarest would make a big difference. Also you'll need a high quality sleeping bag.

There really is nothing worse than a cold night camping and may put your kids off going out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'd reckon you'd need to check the weather prevailing just before you go - been positively 'balmy' at times recently for this time of year. But you know, things can change very quickly. Daylight is more of an issue with kids maybe at this time of year - still dark fairly early and a longish evening ahead? If you're equipped well with light etc., you'd get around it but obviously they can't wander around in same way as summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Tabnabs wrote: »
    There really is nothing worse than a cold night camping and may put your kids off going out again.

That's exactly what happened with mine...really hard now to get their arses back ... on the camping track !!

So i am being very careful with the time and weather (as much as i can guess) when i go with them...quite peculliar is that they won't remember those good shinny days followed by a nice loving fire,chating and sitting all together,close and hugging each other !! They will remember the wind and rain and cold and...their nightmare(s) !

Do it for them if you can.... :)
    have a nice one anyway !

Advertisement