Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most desirable smart phone.

Options
  • 21-03-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i know nothing about phones but I'm due an upgrade on O2 and will soon get a very expensive phkne for slmost nothing. Thing is, i have zero interest in this kind of tech so i will sell it without even taking it out of the box. What phone is the most desirable as i wanna get as much cash out of it as possible. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lizzybradbury

iPhone's are obviously really sought after, next I think would be the Samsung Galaxy, (though they may have a newer one out now) and after that maybe an HTC of some description but I would generally go for that order - Don't know what anyone else thinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lizzybradbury

cookie1977 wrote: »

That's weird....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭coolbeans

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Affirmative. It's a dupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

my order would be
    HTC
    Iphone
    the rest...

reason why is because in my opinion HTC makes the most interesting phones out in market...
    nice widgets, sense v3.0 makes bigger difference from other android phones...
    as for iphone, its has the best touch sensor, but thats all...
    as for rest...
    had some bad experience with sony Ericsson and ill think twice before buying any small screen phone or even samsung phones...

i know that my next phone definitely is going to be HTC...

ive go desire s for my girl and she was astonished by things about the phone... (after comming from x10 mini pro), and next day i was looking for one for myself...
    but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I would agree with HTC as being No.1,tried Apple and hated them.

well my reason why i stopped on iphone is because i got sick of editing, changing, memory problem, slow on call, errors on checking balance, name it....
    what i figure out is iphone is straightforward phone, something that nokia was...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

My first smartphone was Nokia N73, not very smart. Disregard Nokia.

My first real smartphone was the HTC Hero which I got in 2009, awesome phone, next phone was the HTC Desire which I chose over the Samsung Galaxy S, then I switched to Samsung Galaxy SII last May and found it much better than the Desire in every way. Stuck with Samsung again and bought the Galaxy Nexus at Xmas time. I don't like Sense, so pure unadulterated Google Android 4.0 did it for me. HTC One looks like it will be a good phone, but HTC Sensation is not in the same class as the Nexus or Galaxy SII.

I tried from smartphones...
    Nokia
    N95
    N73
    E65
    E66
    Sony ericsson xperia x8
    Samsung galaxy
    Htc
    Desire
    Wildfire
    Desire s
    Desire hd
    Sensation
    Iphone 4, 4s and 3gs...

Every phone have something that other dont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I don't like HTC, I would choose Samsung any day over them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

It helps to actually READ the OPs comments before hitting reply.

iPhone has best resale value by a country mile.

If you're patient, wait for the iPhone 5.

Can't be too long now. Riiiiight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Since this thread seems to be about hardware and not software, I would say that the new Nokia Lumia 800 is one of, if not the most desirable smart phone you can get now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Since this thread seems to be about hardware and not software, I would say that the new Nokia Lumia 800 is one of, if not the most desirable smart phone you can get now.

I would doubt that as android would suit more people. (I guess a personal preference..)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Vahevala wrote: »
    I would doubt that as android would suit more people. (I guess a personal preference..)

The reason I answered like that was because nobody had mentioned iOS/Android/Symbian/WP etc. The question was about the most desirable smart phone, not which OS is best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

In terms of resale value. Lumia 800 and iPhones have a pretty good resale value. If you check adverts. Lumia 800 and iPhone 4S retain the closest figures to the shop price. There's a lot more iPhones being re-sold out there so it might be easier to sell a Lumia 800 than an iPhone 4S seeing as theres 100's of them being sold. Where there is less Lumia's on sale

In terms of resale value. Lumia 800 and iPhones have a pretty good resale value. If you check adverts. Lumia 800 and iPhone 4S retain the closest figures to the shop price. There's a lot more iPhones being re-sold out there so it might be easier to sell a Lumia 800 than an iPhone 4S seeing as theres 100's of them being sold. Where there is less Lumia's on sale

in my opinion the reason behind sales of second hand iphones is that they are looking for something new in newer iphone, thats all...

i had debate with older guy, in his 60s now, that iphone is the best phone and in every new release there is something new that other phone or even older version of iphone dont have...

putting all together iphone 3 , 3g and 3gs are all the same in hardware specs and you would not notice any difference... maybe iphone 3 is bit slower than 3gs but still doing same thing...
    iphone 4 and 4s are same phones, difference is in cpu, camera and siri but in reality they have everything else the same...

so iphone from first gen to last gen had only few changes, and people are crazy about them...

in fairness, in my opinion the biggest advantage in area of telephony Samsung and maybe sony ericsson made, since they came from button to touchscreen phones...
    i admit that the worst touch screen also came from samsung, f480 or called tocco... i had it, bought it new, used for a week and said to myself never again touch screen phone...
    again, they learned from mistakes and did so many transformation to compete with iphone or hardware terms...

iphone have the best sensor for touch, sony and htc in my opinion have better camera than samsung and iphone, htc have the best quality but its not far from iphone, and samsung is the biggest in family of touchsreen phones...

so its up to customer who's is buying it, what it likes the most...
    for me, considering that ive been lookin perfect replacement for my aging n95, was important for phone to have:
    good camera
    wif
    if its touchscreen to be big enough for my chubby fingers :)
    enough of memory to put enough songs
    and sound...

iphone is ok, excellent for touch, camera and sound so-so, and memory is satisfying with 16gb...

my 2cents.jpg

Advertisement