Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUPERVALUE SLIGO

Options
  • 21-03-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just to let ye know Supervalue Ballisodare doing online shopping now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

What's the website? Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

TheQ47 wrote: »
    What's the website? Where did you hear this?

http://supervalu.ie/shop-online/delivery-areas/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The SuperValu van has shopping online listed on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

All you need now is dick turpin doin the deliveries and you're all set for daylight robbery. Ridiculous prices in that shop

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

All you need now is dick turpin doin the deliveries and you're all set for daylight robbery. Ridiculous prices in that shop

disagree with that statement i do my shopping there on weekly basis and most items are super valu, if you are smart shopper you will be comparing prices with all major retailers.

• Advertisement

waterboy15 wrote: »
    disagree with that statement i do my shopping there on weekly basis and most items are super valu, if you are smart shopper you will be comparing prices with all major retailers.

Really? You sure?

Can you explain how its value for money then when a punnet of cherry tomatoes costs €1.69 in there, when I can get them in Lidl for 89C?

Or, how a bag of 2KG carrots costs €1.69, when I can get them in Lidl for 99C

Went in the other day to get some bits for a barbequeue cos of the nice weather and I was absolutely disgusted at the extortionate prices they were asking for veg. I dropped my stuff and left, wasn't paying those prices.

Am i missing something here? Where is this super value?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Really? You sure?

Can you explain how its value for money then when a punnet of cherry tomatoes costs €1.69 in there, when I can get them in Lidl for 89C?

Or, how a bag of 2KG carrots costs €1.69, when I can get them in Lidl for 99C

Went in the other day to get some bits for a barbequeue cos of the nice weather and I was absolutely disgusted at the extortionate prices they were asking for veg. I dropped my stuff and left, wasn't paying those prices.

Am i missing something here? Where is this super value?

I am going to disagree with you there is always something on offer there. if you go in this weekend for examplr the BBq stuff is going to be next or nothing, also some of the supervalue own brand stuff is prety good value. I know pretty much all the veg can be better in Lidl but spuds for one exam,ple are always better quality in Supervalue and not far off the same price as Lidl.
    You cannot argue that wine and beer in Supervalue is not great value.

bennyc wrote: »
    I am going to disagree with you there is always something on offer there. if you go in this weekend for examplr the BBq stuff is going to be next or nothing, also some of the supervalue own brand stuff is prety good value. I know pretty much all the veg can be better in Lidl but spuds for one exam,ple are always better quality in Supervalue and not far off the same price as Lidl.
    You cannot argue that wine and beer in Supervalue is not great value.

Yes I can.
    8 Cans of Coors light for €13. Can be got in Lidl or Christies in town for €12
    20 Bottles of Miller for €24, when 24 bottles can be got for that in town.

Clever marketing. Have specials and deals on stuff like the bbq and get you in for the shop for overpriced food. Happens all the time everywhere.
    I know pretty much all the veg can be better in Lidl but spuds for one exam,ple are always better quality in Supervalue and not far off the same price as Lidl.

Hardly justification for spending more money on veg there is it? Roosters are roosters in fairness, and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if the same company (meade) supply Lidl and Supervalu.

We may well agree to disagree on this one, but I firmly believe that Tesco, Supervalu, Dunnes and Centra are far too expensive for the stuff they're peddling. I'm no fan of lidl either, they're idea of customer service leaves a lot to be desired and the shop generally looks like a bomb has hit it, but money talks these days.

Most shops hike up the price of the small things hoping you wont notice. I went into dunnes a few weeks back and got a packet of chicken tikka slices and they were €3. Went in the following week and they had jumped to €4. I only noticed because I had got them the week before. That's a serious hike on just one item, and that happens across the board in supermarkets. Before you know it you're coming home with one bag of shopping that cost €80, when that amount of money used to fill the trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

I think that the majority of items in Supervalue are over priced unless they have offers on them. I now take more notice of the special offers they advertise and then stock up on them if its stuff I use and its a good saving. As most of my friends live in different areas of the County, between us we have a lot of the supermarkets covered so word gets round fast when the good offers pop up and we can take advantage. I used to throw away the advertising leaflets from the supermarkets that came through the post, not any more.We have to be more clued up these days with our shopping budgets and who gets our hard earned cash!

Advertisement