Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large number of customer service jobs available in Newry

Options
  • 21-03-2012 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I thought some of you might be interested in this.

There are a large number of customer service jobs available in Newry at the moment. They are being advertised through Brook Street recruitment on Louthjobs.ie. You can see the advert here:

http://www.louthjobs.ie/search/advanced/category/all/company/brook+street/

If you apply, best of luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Yeah cheers,dont forget your slave vest if you get the job.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Yeah cheers,dont forget your slave vest if you get the job.:rolleyes:

:confused:

:confused:

£6.50 an hour= €**** all and you have to travel,eat and god knows what tax.

The minimum wage in the UK is £6.08 per hour so it's around 9% above minimum wage. Not great but better than nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

£6.50 an hour= €**** all and you have to travel,eat and god knows what tax.

People rather sit on the dole than work, shocker.

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    People rather sit on the dole than work, shocker.
    Go for it,travel down from Dublin.It is not a dole issue it is a fair pay for fair work issue,Feck the Dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Fair play for the link Mr.Loverman, might help someone local with a job!;)

And 10green bottles, that is utter sh1te talk! If i was back in Ireland still getting my 97.50 euro a week off the social id gladly apply for this job.

skipz wrote: »
    Fair play for the link Mr.Loverman, might help someone local with a job!;)

And 10green bottles, that is utter sh1te talk! If i was back in Ireland still getting my 97.50 euro a week off the social id gladly apply for this job.

Thats great,tipping me cap to you.I knew this would draw a good audience of anti-doler's like yourself.I am sure you are working for €5 ph wereever you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Go for it,travel down from Dublin.It is not a dole issue it is a fair pay for fair work issue,Feck the Dole.

I have a job thanks, but i know if i was on the dole in dundalk i would jump at this job. A good wage for no qualifications.

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I have a job thanks, but i know if i was on the dole in dundalk i would jump at this job. A good wage for no qualifications.
    Read the link,you need experience,but sure dont mind,you arent from Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Not really getting your argument here buddy.

Are you saying that you'd rather be on the dole earning..... whatever you get on the dole instead of working for this crowd in Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Thats great,tipping me cap to you.I knew this would draw a good audience of anti-doler's like yourself.I am sure you are working for €5 ph wereever you are.

Yes your right I am anti-dole, was on it on and off for 3 year before i left the country and hated it.
    Iam just saying that people need to get more motivated when jobs arise instead of the excuses, like yours, why not to work.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Not really getting your argument here buddy.

Are you saying that you'd rather be on the dole earning..... whatever you get on the dole instead of working for this crowd in Newry?

I do work,but for a commute it would cost you at least €10 a day and you have to add in grub too.Sorry but £6.50 ph dos'nt do it for me or many bar the anti-dole crowd.

skipz wrote: »
    Yes your right I am anti-dole, was on it on and off for 3 year before i left the country and hated it.
    Iam just saying that people need to get more motivated when jobs arise instead of the excuses, like yours, why not to work.
    Excuses as per my last post.Cheers.

I do work,but for a commute it would cost you at least €10 a day and you have to add in grub too.Sorry but £6.50 ph dos'nt do it for me or many bar the anti-dole crowd.

Means to an end I suppose. I've never been unfortunate to not have a job but one would assume that it easier to change horse instead of getting back onto the horse. Personally, I'd work for peanuts if it would keep my family fed, watered and with a roof over their heads.

Hi all

I thought some of you might be interested in this.

Thanks OP. ;)

MugMugs wrote: »
    Means to an end I suppose. I've never been unfortunate to not have a job but one would assume that it easier to change horse instead of getting back onto the horse. Personally, I'd work for peanuts if it would keep my family fed, watered and with a roof over their heads.

Good sentiments Mugs,but that isnt how the world works.This is A good(ish) job for a singleton maybe but not for someone that is trying to support a family.
    I will say fair play to the op, BUT to apply for this job you need experience and you will be paid less than sfa for that experience.

Anything to do with this?
    VODAFONE was last night accused of "callously" exporting more than 300 jobs to Northern Ireland.
    The telecoms company yesterday told 316 workers at its call centres in Dundalk and Dublin that it was moving to a new provider, Teleperformance, which is based in Newry, Co Down.
    The call centres are operated at present by Rigney Dolphin, which has 113 employees in Dublin working on the Vodafone contract, and another 177 based in Dundalk.
    As part of the switch, another 26 staff who are directly employed by Vodafone, 10 in Dublin and 16 in Dundalk, will also see their jobs transfer to Teleperformance.

I have no idea, sorry.

Advertisement