Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 EIL Travel Awards - see the world after the Leaving Cert!

• 21-03-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Posting this again this year because I know a lot of people were interested last year.

2012 EIL Travel Awards - Apply Today!
    EIL Travel Awards are now open for applications

- Are you over 16?

- Could you be an Ambassador for Ireland?

- Are you interested in what is going on in the world?

- Would you like to experience living in a different culture?

- Are you free to travel in summer 2012?

If the answer is ‘Yes’ to the above questions, do not hesitate and apply now for EIL Travel Awards 2012. Being selected for the adventure of a lifetime could be a lot easier than you think!

The Travel Awards offer amazing free summer experiences which include such diverse adventures as:

- 4 weeks in Ecuador involving a visit to the Amazon Jungle
    - 6 weeks in Japan attending a local secondary school
    - 9 weeks in Mexico volunteering on a local indigenous project
    - 12 days in Vermont USA attending the Governor's Youth Initiative
    - 10 week placement in Argentina with a child welfare project
    - and many more

For more info and how to apply visit
    EIL Travel Awards

or E: marika@eilireland.org

or T: LoCall 1850 292939 or 021 455 1535

Deadline for most awards: Sunday 1st of April @ 6 p.m

As I said last year I know you are up to eyes at the moment, but the application process is straight forward and won't take much time, it's a once in a lifetime chance and I can't encourage you enough to apply!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Je ne sais pas.

Just gonna bump this encase anyone didn't see it first time round.

Deadline is Sunday

Most worthwhile and shortest essay you will write this week! :D

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

New opportunity available from EIL...

EIL together with the State of Saxony-Anhalt, the cathedral city of Zeitz and The Youth Hostel Association of Saxony Anhalt in Germany is looking for two young Irish people to participate in the 21st annual Euro-Camp 2012. Over 80 young people from 30 different countries will participate in this event. The two selected Irish participants should speak basic German, have an interest in International Youth Work and be 18-25 years of age.

To enter for an award you need to tell us “What you could bring to this experience and how you could benefit from participating in it”

You can do this by using any one of the following formats:

* An essay of not more than 700 words;

* A project format of not more than 8 A4 size pages combining pictures, clippings, art, drawings and writing in any combination you wish;

* A video (in English) of not more than 3 minutes in length

The closing date for application is 5pm Thursday 24th May 2012.

For more information see the website
    or call us on 021 455 1535

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Aagh that sounds amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

finality wrote: »
    Aagh that sounds amazing!

If I were you, I'd definitely apply! I applied for the trip to America about 2 months back, thinking I hadn't much of a chance, and long story short... I won it, and I'm going to America on the 25th of June for 2 weeks :D:D:D So apply for it, you never know what might happen :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would encourage everyone to apply for these. They really are a great opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I think I will apply. I've nothing to lose anyway!

edit: heeey, it turns out I know one of the people who did it last year. Small world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Is there even a world after the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Is the trip to Germany the only one left? Damn if I knew about these I would of applied before April because I think that was the deadline :( I have experience with something similar it involved and exchange with Italians for a democracy project....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Can anyone tell me if there is any room left for the award programmes thanks :)

Can anyone tell me if there is any room left for the award programmes thanks :)

Unfortunately all the other awards are now closed, but keep an eye out for the 2013 awards, applications are usually open for around a month in the spring each year.

In the meantime, couldn't encourage everyone enough to apply for this last opportunity in Germany.

Finally you can find all about the paid volunteer programmes on offer from EIL here and for study abroad here

• Advertisement

Just gonna bump this encase anyone didn't see it first time round.

Deadline is Thursday @ 5p.m

Most worthwhile and shortest essay you will write this week! :D

Good luck!

^^ Says it all really!! :D

Advertisement