Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numbering Software

Options
  • 21-03-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know of a good numbering software? I use In design for my imposition here,its a great plugin. but it doesn't number. does anyone know of a plugin or software that's good for number the likes of tickets, NCR book Etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I regularly use Acrobat Pro and just drop the PDF (up to 2000 pages) into a hot folder for imposition on the RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

How is this done,I only have a fiery. Didnt buy the impostion software or rip for xerox. It was an extra 2500 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ah, TBH I use a few different methods depending on the job, complexity of number sequence (theatre seating for example) or just what mood I'm in. :P

I don't use InDesign but I know you can import an Excel file (in csv format)and use that to create the numbered pages.
    Go to Window > automation > Data merge and Select data source. Drag the data field into a text box and it will create the necessary pages to complete the sequence in the csv file, you'd need play about with it though as there are a lot of options when creating the merged document.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

We use Numbering Star, it's not free but once the trial version was up the boss had no hesitation in buying a full copy, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Thanks, that software is perfect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement