Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing Customer - Options Available?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm an existing electric ireland customer and have been for quite a number of years. I do not see any loyalty discounts etc being applied on my bill.

Could one of the Reps please advise me as to what discounts I could avail of as an electricity only user.

I have looked at the main electric Ireland website but am extremely confused between gas, electric, mixed etc.

Is there any way I could perhaps pm my account number to an electric ireland rep maybe, and have them work out the best option for me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have a look here too:

www.bonkers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Have a look here too:

www.bonkers.ie

Thanks for that, but to be honest all this comparing and gas, electric, mixed use, night time use etc is really difficult to get the head around.

I would really appreciate an electric ireland rep to try to simplify matters for me and maybe work out the best option for me as a customer based on historical usage, plans available etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Just to point out though too that the Electric Ireland reps can only comment on their best offer as opposed to the best offer for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi iPhone.

That's no problem. :)

In order to have a discount applied, it is required that customers give us a shout, as the discounts do not go onto an account automatically.

Do you have a standard or Nightsaver meter? And are you an electricity customer only or dual fual (electricity and gas)?

Regards,
    Una

Hi Una,

I am an electricity only user, No night saver Meter, rural tariff.

I realise to go about having any changes implemented I would have to phone customer service, but I just wanted to get an idea of what sort of options I might have first.

• Advertisement

Of course - and we can apply price-plans by private message here also if there are direct debit details already on the account. If not though, a phone-call would be required as we cannot take bank details by private message here.

The Value Reward option is 4% discount for direct debit and 2% discount for online billing (receiving statement by email) if this would be of interest? This would be the best option available for you.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks una, I don't have a direct debit set up so would have to phone.

Can you tell me though, do the 4% direct debit and 2% online billing require being tied into a fixed term contract or would I be free to move or take up another offer at any time, either from yourselves or another provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Hi iPhone I seem to be on the same position as you-a loyal customer who gets charged more than the "flexible " customers who move every six months.
    Instead of all this pm'ing and contacting customer device it should just be applied to peoples bills every year like a ncb on your insurance.

Anyhow after reading your post it has resolved my mind to change provider tomorrow and I'm sure get a better deal and then perhaps change back in a year to be "appreciated".

Hi again iPhone.

Yes, a contract does apply if you set up this price plan - it is until 31st March 2013 no matter when the customer has the price plan applied.

Regards,
    Una

Hi Cuchulainn1.

Unfortunately it is not possible for price plans to be applied automatically to the accounts of existing customers as there are terms and conditions to which the customer must agree, before a price plan can be put on their account.

With the discounts being for direct debit and online billing, the customer may not have these set up, which is another factor that prevents automatic application of price plans.

All customers, whether existing or switching to Electric Ireland, would be required to contact us to have price plans applied.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi una,

Wow! the tied to a contract thing does make a huge difference though!

I have just found out that board gais energy will offer me 12% for direct debit or 13% for direct debit and online bill, WITHOUT being tied in to any contract.
    Basically I can switch as I please and get more than double the best discount available from Electric Ireland.

This doesn't make any marketing sense to me at all, I have been a loyal customer of Electric Ireland for years, but you almost seem to be offering more of an incentive to long standing customers to go and come back when the grass is perhaps somewhat greener than to keep them on your books right now.

I have no issues with Electric Ireland, I have always enjoyed great service, but why are you not fighting to keep me and others like me? I am a marketers dream, I don't change plans frequently, I pay my bills on time, every time and yet when I offer you the opportunity to keep my custom you pass on it!!

Extremely disappointed and perplexed at your marketing strategy but thank you again for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Hi iPhone,
    Your legwork will be very much appreciated first thing in the morning.
    12/13% is some saving.

It's been a real eye opener for me too cuchailainn1.

Hi iPhone.

For Dual Fuel (electricity and gas) we offer a 4% discount for direct debit and 2% discount for online billing for electricity; the same for gas, and then a further 3% discount off electricity - for opting for Dual Fuel.

The previous details I mentioned are in relation to electricity only.

Sorry to read of your disappointment.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks again una. However in your last post you neglected to mention the 12 month minimum contract requirement again.

I think this is a VERY important piece of information which should be included in any future information requests such as mine, even if only for the purposes of transparency.

I am also only interested in electricity only plans to reduce my bill so in that regard your last post would also appear irrelevant to me. Bit confused as to why you even gave me that information.

In any case, the board gais energy offer applicable to me is as an electricity only user and still more than double Electric Ireland's nearest offer, WITHOUT the requirement of a minimum 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

So is the value reward equivalent to the green nightsaver plan? if not, what the difference between both plans?

Hi Amouar,

With the Green price plan, direct debit and online billing are mandatory, whereas they are optional for the Value Reward.
    Also, all energy used by those on the Green price plan is sustainable.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement