Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosions in the Sky / Low - July 10th,11th

Options
  • 21-03-2012 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Just saw this update on Low's Facebook page earlier.

Playing with EITS in Vicar Street and Cypress Avenue. This promises to be a great gig. I missed EITS last year cos of the Queen's visit, I cancelled my trip up from Limerick, so will hopefully get to see them this time around, the fact Low are also on the bill is an added bonus.

Mastodon/Gojira the week before, it could be a good one....

Tickets also on sale this Friday March 23rd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

I'd much prefer if Low were playing their own headliner here, seeing as they've skipped us the last couple of times they've been to europe. But this is certainly better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yeah, would be great. I am still tempted to go and see them on their own in London the start of April....

Maybe they are sussing it out and might come back for a headline gig.....

seachto7 wrote: »
    Maybe they are sussing it out and might come back for a headline gig.....

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Since when is there another gig on the 11th too?

Don't see that anywhere else . . .

Morf wrote: »
    Since when is there another gig on the 11th too?

Don't see that anywhere else . . .

That's the Cork gig. It's up on tickets.ie now. It's listed as just a Low gig funnily enough, but I'm assuming it's with Explosions in the Sky aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

That's the Cork gig. It's up on tickets.ie now. It's listed as just a Low gig funnily enough, but I'm assuming it's with Explosions in the Sky aswell.
    no, looks like its just low playing this gig.
    both bands will play a full set in Dublin

hmm, need to suss this out. I would prefer to see Low on their own if I could choose, but either would do me!

Just to clarify, the Vicar Street gig is a double headline EITS & Low.

The gig in Cork is just Low.

I got a ticket for Cork. I can't wait for this....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

No love for explosions in the sky around here? I just found out about this yesterday, got myself a ticket for the vicar st gig, looking forward to both bands.

I do like EITS, but would rather see Low on their own.

I saw EITS in Limerick in a small pub called the High Stool, must have been around 8 or 9 years ago. Unbelievable gig.........

• Advertisement

Ticket bought.

Gotta buy me some Low cds now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Definitely gonna be at this, looking forward to low aswell.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Don't know EITS, know the name but don't have anything by them.... love to see Low however so reckon I'll have to get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

low is my favourite band of all time, eits would be in my top 10, cannot wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

EITS Earth is not a Cold Dead place is in my top 5 favourite albums of all time. Thanks for the heads up, might head to this

Don't know EITS, know the name but don't have anything by them.... love to see Low however so reckon I'll have to get tickets.

Get their 2nd and 3rd album first.

I just bought Low's newest in London today. I've heard good things.

Latest Low album ain't bad at all. Curtain hits the cast is good. Drums n Guns is good. The Great Destroyer has some good songs too...

2 guys from Low are in a band called Retribution Gospel Choir, and it's very Crazy Horse type stuff, worth checking out too....

This is probably my favourite Low song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJAR6UZsCk&feature=player_embedded

one month away now, this should be one of the best gigs of the year.
    Surprised that Low havent sold out their Cork gig yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Really want to head to this gig but can't afford tickets until June 26th - wages day.

You guys think they'll be sold out by then??

Must check out Low in Cork too - hadn't heard of them before this thread tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just got an email from TicketMaster, EITS have pulled out of their European tour due to illness to a family member :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I got really excited when I saw the Cyprus Avenue date but realised it was just Low :(

Can anyone get a link confirming that EITS have pulled out of their European tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

M&S* wrote: »
    Can anyone get a link confirming that EITS have pulled out of their European tour?

"Aiken Promotions ‏@aikenpromotions
    Explosions In The Sky EU tour cancelled due to the illness of a family member. They won't be able to perform with Low at Vicar St in July.
    Low will now headline the Button Factory July 10th with special guests Halves. For more info on this please visit http://tinyurl.com/cgu98fk"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Damm was looking forward to that gig.what happens now do we get refunded and then buy tickets again if you want to see Low?

Edit!
    I got an email..

Full refunds are available or we can book tickets for you for the performance of Low at the Button Factory on 10th July 2012. A refund of €5 will be applied to the price of these tickets. Please reply to this email stating your preference.

History repeating

http://www.nme.com/news/explosions-in-the-sky/28275
    May 10, 2007 20:36

Do they refund the full price or the ticket price minus the service charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I'd rather see a Low headline show anyway.

Morf wrote: »
    Do they refund the full price or the ticket price minus the service charges?

Yes, full refund including booking fee

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Just bought my tickets, can't wait. Would rather see them on their own too

Tickets.ie are doing the tickets for this one as well

http://www.tickets.ie/event.aspx/low-the-button-factory-dublin-10-July-2012/H6CBJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Got my tickets for this one, not particularly too down about the previous one being cancelled. EITS are great but I'm happy enough at seeing Low on their own, Halves supporting is a bonus too though!

Advertisement