Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning chair to Lidl

Options
  • 21-03-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

bought a chair 58 days ago (3 year warranty) , back wheel broke so I brought it back, manager talked to custom service , passed me on to custom service, asked if I wanted it replace (said no, it broken in less the 3 months) told me they would ring me about a refund in 2-3 day :/ , so they will fob u off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Flaregon wrote: »
    bought a chair 58 days ago (3 year warranty) , back wheel broke so I brought it back, manager talked to custom service , passed me on to custom service, asked if I wanted it replace (said no, it broken in less the 3 months) told me they would ring me about a refund in 2-3 day :/ , so they will fob u off.
    How exactly is that being fobbed off - if they do not get back to you then fine but for now you have no reason to assume that the matter will not be dealt with.

Allowing you the option of refund over replacement with no questions how it broke (in 3 months) seems perfectly reasonable or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out to new thread, as the original thread was from 2009.

OP - how long ago was it since you spoke with them? Has the 2-3 days elapsed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

fair play to them, they are offering you more than you are entitled to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They probably want to have someone from the company that supplied the chairs pick it up from the store and examine it to confirm it is not damaged through customer misuse and they will probably then ring you to collect your refund.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm not seeing the issue here, Lidl are known for good customer service.

Infact I recently returned something due to wrong size and they accepted it without a receipt, they didn't have to and I knew that and it would have been fine if they didn't since it was my fault but fair fecks to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They probably want to have someone from the company that supplied the chairs pick it up from the store and examine it to confirm it is not damaged through customer misuse and they will probably then ring you to collect your refund.

Finaly got back and ask me take photo :/, after 6 days.
    So yes there time wasting and useless.

Not buying there again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This all sounds very unlike Lidl, as I twice had problems with items bought from them and I was refunded in full on the spot each time. I suspect they suspect customer damage to the chair.

Advertisement