Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

DIT Aviation Tech

Rang admissions today, lady said e-mails for interviews, etc. will be going out late this week early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

john 08 wrote: »
    just found out i did nt get a place in NUI Maynooth for the psych course.

in saying that. i applied for arts course about 15 mins ago and now i have an interview in a week and a half, lol. so its not all bad i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

sean1976 wrote: »
    Well done that is a tough course to get on

Thanks sean. I saw you posted a while back that you had an interview in UCD today, how did you get on? I've just come back from mine, very friendly and informal I thought, compared to the trinity one anyway.

Hi I think it went quite well it lasted 40 mins The question were quite straight forward so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Got my interview date today for AL803 on Friday at 10.15am
    Wish me luck :D

chrismon wrote: »
    Got my interview date today for AL803 on Friday at 10.15am
    Wish me luck :D

Good luck I hope it goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Hi I think it went quite well it lasted 40 mins The question were quite straight forward so fingers crossed

wow, mine was about 25 mins, mostly spent on my "if you were the law-maker for a day" question. Wasn't expecting that one, but luckily I'm a bit of a megalomaniac and frequently imagine just that scenario, so had a few spring to mind.

wow, mine was about 25 mins, mostly spent on my "if you were the law-maker for a day" question. Wasn't expecting that one, but luckily I'm a bit of a megalomaniac and frequently imagine just that scenario, so had a few spring to mind.

Lol I got that question as well don't think he liked my answer about how I would scrap mandatory sentencing for the misuse of drugs

Just to let you know the the date for applying for a student grant has been put back until the 11th of June as they have had some technical problems with the new online application form.

My friend had their interview for Business with music and instrument technology today.
    They were very upset with the quality of the interview.
    There was two women interviewing them.
    They asked them 4 questions in total and the interview lasted 5 mins.
    They didn't get a chance to sell themselves at all. There was no one representing the music side of the course present.
    When they mentioned on their application that they used DJ equipment to mix music, one of the interviewers said that the course didn't touch on "dance music" and that dj's generally drop out.
    Thought this was very unfair as my friend said they didn't want the course for this reason but they didn't seem to listen.
    Seemed very condescending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

Got Astophysics at DCU. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Anyone heading off to AIT interviews -Business. To say they are informal is an understatement. They hadn't read anything I had sent in, nothing about my courses, leaving cert, businesses etc. It was 5 minutes long, I imagine because I was waiting with about 10 other people.

One of the interviewers suggested that because I haven't done accounting in secondary school (but do the accounts for my business) I might be better starting in a level 6 course first instead of level 8 - which I found a bit insulting... :mad: I didn't realise they had no background on me until they were letting me leave and as an exiting question they asked if I had done a Leaving Certificate at all :confused: - and I've well over 400 points; and I sent in a CV and personal statement.

So anyone heading in, really labour your experience and background as they didn't seem to have any idea about me.

I hope I get a DIT interview now!! :eek:

ghpeople wrote: »
    Anyone heading off to AIT interviews -Business. To say they are informal is an understatement. They hadn't read anything I had sent in, nothing about my courses, leaving cert, businesses etc. It was 5 minutes long, I imagine because I was waiting with about 10 other people.

One of the interviewers was lecturer and suggested that because I haven't done accounting in secondary school (but do the accounts for my business) I might be better starting in a level 6 course first instead of level 8 - which I found a bit insulting... :mad: I didn't realise they had no background on me until they were letting me leave and as an exiting question they asked if I had done a Leaving Certificate at all :confused: - and I've well over 400 points; and I sent in a CV and personal statement.

So anyone heading in, really labour your experience and background as they didn't seem to have any idea about me.

I hope I get a DIT interview now!! :eek:

Do you mind me asking was it a tall, slim ,youngish, brown haired woman with the administration officer?

Do you mind me asking was it a tall, slim ,youngish, brown haired woman with the administration officer?

No, don't think so Christmon - prob someone different. She was prob 30s and fairly short. She seemed ok; asked the questions and when the other guy started telling me to take off my Level 8 choices in the Change of Mind forms and just have Level 6, she interrupted him to tell him he wasn't exactly right. He was a lot older late 50s, said nothing initially and then prattled on for the remainder of my 5 minute interview!

Ha! I don't think I've cooled down at all since this morning! :D

No, don't think so Christmon - prob someone different. She was prob 30s and fairly short. She seemed ok; asked the questions and when the other guy started telling me to take off my Level 8 choices in the Change of Mind forms and just have Level 6, she interrupted him to tell him he wasn't exactly right. He was a lot older late 50s, said nothing initially and then prattled on for the remainder of my 5 minute interview!

Ha! I don't think I've cooled down at all since this morning! :D

My friends was in AIT aswell, very pissed off there was no one there from music side of the course present.
    Best of luck with it, hope you get good news :cool:
    Have mine in the morning in AIT aswell, not expecting much after reading yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

Also had an interview in AIT the other day. This being my first college interview i wasnt sure what to expect but 5 minutes long with 4 questions asked of me ( 2 of them asking if I had any questions) was not what i had in mind. Three people went in before me and all where in the room for a similar amount of time. Very angry and anoyed still. Interviewer was beyond rude and even sugested people with similar interests to me usually drop out in the first year! Unbelievable :mad::confused:

My friends was in AIT aswell, very pissed off there was no one there from music side of the course present.
    Best of luck with it, hope you get good news :cool:
    Have mine in the morning in AIT aswell, not expecting much after reading yours!
    Kick some ass! :)

fifipie_d wrote: »
    Also had an interview in AIT the other day. This being my first college interview i wasnt sure what to expect but 5 minutes long with 4 questions asked of me ( 2 of them asking if I had any questions) was not what i had in mind. Three people went in before me and all where in the room for a similar amount of time. Very angry and anoyed still. Interviewer was beyond rude and even sugested people with similar interests to me usually drop out in the first year! Unbelievable :mad::confused:
    Its so disappointing after preparing! I do think its worth complaining over... maybe if we get good news we'll feel a little better though. Terrible that its one of the first points of contact with the college and they deal with potential students so poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

Its so disappointing after preparing! I do think its worth complaining over... maybe if we get good news we'll feel a little better though. Terrible that its one of the first points of contact with the college and they deal with potential students so poorly.

Its heartbreaking. I really feel the the time allowed and the interviewers attitude really destroyed any chance I had of getting a place. Before i even sat down I became nervous because of her. Simple basic interview etiquette was non existant. She didnt stand or even look up to greet me, didnt flash even a hint of a smile. Seemed completly uninterested in anything i said. In comparison the other lady , the Admissions Officer was very nice. I am pinning my hopes on her judgement although given the quality of the interview I struggle to understand how they can make a decision as to who is right for the course. Considering that its a Business with Music Tech course and neither interviewer has anything to do with that side, im not confident. My experience for the course is mostly music based so anything I had used as a reference to that was picked at and criticised by someone who actually seemed to know noting about it. To say it was irritating would be an understatement!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Offered a place in UCD for Law & Politics today.

Had my interview for Web Development in AIT today.
    Was really happy with the interview and found it very good, think I have a good chance of getting in.
    Also got offered two other courses while I was in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

peacock169 wrote: »
    What course are you waiting on? I received an invite to an interview for pharma. science from tallaght this week, if that helps? Thought they left it very late myself, heard back from other colleges ages ago.

I'm hoping to do social care. Communication on their end is really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Eenie

Have bn lookin thru all previous posts, and haven't seen if anyone has asked this already, apologies if I am repeating a previous question.. Has anyone here who applied for DN519 BA in Psychology heard back from UCD yet? I've already bn offered another Arts course in UCD, and they said they'd let us know about Psych by the end of May, but I've still not heard. I emailed them and haven't heard back yet, I'm just tearing my hair out @ the mo. I mean I got a pretty decent (I think) MSAP score..

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

My boyfriend hasn't heard from UCD Psych yet either

Literally just received response from mature admissions. It said 'Thank you for your email.
    I regret that there has been a delay in the processing of mature applications to Psychology. You will receive an email as soon as the decisions are available'. So at least I'm not a definite no, although @ this stage I'd rather hear either way, even if it's negative (obviously I really don't want it to be a no..) How'd ur bf do on the MSAP?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

That's good to know, thanks! Not as well as he would have liked, he's probably going to do the Access Course in September. It sucks having to wait to find out. Is Psych in UCD your top choice?

Yeah, UCD Psych is my first choice, didnt perform well @ TCD interview, I'm lucky that @ least I have a course to do next yr (Philosophy) and I'm excited, but ideally I'd rather Psych. This waiting around lark is killin me!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

you can check to see when UCD have sent out their interview offers here guys, best of luck! http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/mynews.html

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Just received an email for an interview for biomedical health and life sciences in UCD for the 27th of June and Medicine on the 11th

Seems quite late for interviews, doesnt it? Ah well, good luck wit em, let us know how ya get on!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 SeeTea

dtfo wrote: »
    Just received an email for an interview for biomedical health and life sciences in UCD for the 27th of June and Medicine on the 11th
    Wow, well done!!!!!!!!
    Gutted again though, I havnt heard from ucd at all, so that can't be a good sign!!:(:( When did they send the emails to you?

Congrats though, you should be chuffed with that!!!!!:)

Advertisement