Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor APN/Profile settings

Options
  • 21-03-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

Howdy, putting a Meteor sim in a Three Huawei 3g router and can't seem to find the settings I need to enter for making a new profile

8005032177.png

8005065541.png

Wondering does anyone have the simple settings to throw into those fields to make a meteor profile!?

Im pretty sure the three router is unlocked so should be a straight swap once the settings are good

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I don't think you need to change any settings that are on the 2nd screen shot.

On the 1st one all you need is the dial number which is *99# and set the APN to static enter broadband.mymeteor.ie as the APN if it's a broadband sim if it's a standard phone sim the APN is data.mymeteor.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Excellent, thanks for that... Give it a go tomorrow with the sim on my phone see how it works... Contract for three is up on Sat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

No bother glad that helped :)

Hopefully Meteor's service is better than Three.

Let us know how you get on with the settings for the Meteor sim.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't seem to change the profile in the menu for the connection.. I can make a meteor profile get the sim and pin to work, but can't change the 3 profile setting in the connection menu.. Just not an option :|

Does this mean it's locked? i thought the 3 hawei b260a's from 3 were unlocked... got it this time last year =/ ...any tips?

EDIT: got it to work... after you make the meteor profile... just have to go to the PPP settings page after u select the meteor profile and re-confirm it.. should do the job for the time being till i get it sorted :)

Advertisement