Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen bin tag, bins not collected.

Options
  • 21-03-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Has this happened to anyone else? I put the bins out at 6am with the tag. Later on I noticed the bin hadn't been collected but the tag was gone. I'm furious. Those things aren't cheap. I thought the collectors were meant to check the tags. Does anyone know do they keep the tags? I mean it's possible that the tag fell off before the collectors got to my street but if they keep them how would I find out if they have my tag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

happened to me once 10 euro tag was gone livid i was the feckers i use heavy tape now when i put tag on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

One advantage of the new non tag system that panda are launching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

This has happened to me a few times. Had idea who it was and phoned council at the time. Big sticker put on my bin which I took off and posted to them. They were ok about it in fairness. I made up a dummy one with loads of jam on it which was left on the ground. I would imagine this is going on a bit in these times.

Is there a stub you can keep to prove you bought a tag? It would give a little comeback to anyone who has a tag stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

If you still have the stuband you notice it gone THE SAME DAY as the bin lift ring the panda customer and explain it to them. The tags are kept for about a day before being sorted then moved to storage.
    Make sure you sign the tag.
    As Davy mentioned the electronic ship that is being launched in a few weeks will eliminate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Davy wrote: »
    One advantage of the new non tag system that panda are launching.

When is that being introduced in Swords? This is only the second time it's happened in a few years but it's frigging lousy.

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    If you still have the stuband you notice it gone THE SAME DAY as the bin lift ring the panda customer and explain it to them. The tags are kept for about a day before being sorted then moved to storage.
    Make sure you sign the tag.
    As Davy mentioned the electronic ship that is being launched in a few weeks will eliminate this.

I tried calling them but it was only after 6 I realised the bin hadn't been collected. I signed the other tag, and I have the stub still.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

When is that being introduced in Swords? This is only the second time it's happened in a few years but it's frigging lousy.

Panda are chipping the bins in Fingal at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mactheknife19

I got a letter a few weeks ago from Panda asking for me to put my bins outside as the were putting the stickers on directly and this would support the electronic tagging. So this was done, but all I could see was that large Panda stickers were put on, or was there some type of electronic tag added ( cant see anything). Based in Malahide

I got a letter a few weeks ago from Panda asking for me to put my bins outside as the were putting the stickers on directly and this would support the electronic tagging. So this was done, but all I could see was that large Panda stickers were put on, or was there some type of electronic tag added ( cant see anything). Based in Malahide
    You wont be able to see the electronic chips but believe me they are there (I should know I am with one of the crews stickin' and chippin').
    The way it will work is that sometime during the summer there will be a switch over from the €8 'yellow' tags to the electronic chip thus meaning you wont have to buy tags (that can be robbed or get removed during adverse weather).
    I believe the plan is for everyone to have a top up card that you pay with.
    And yes if you havent paid your charge to Fingal or Panda the bin truck will recognise this and will not empty your bin.
    Dont ask me about the waiver because I dont know but will try and find out for definite and let you know.
    Oh and if you see me at your bins come out and say hello ;)

Yeah I called up this morning. The woman at Panda was civil but couldn't offer anything other than there was another collection today and I'd have to put another tag on it. :( I'm just going to wait until next week instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm very curious regarding these chips myself. Our bins were stickered yesterday and I couldn't see diddly. I would've thought the sticker would have a barcode on, linked to your address and account, but all I see is a plain Panda sticker?:confused:

The chips are placed out of sight. The fingal account number that you have (the sticker that FCC used to send out to you) is matched to the electronic chip that has been placed on your bin this creating a new Panda account for the Fingal customers.
    In the near future when the bin truck lifts your bin it will scan your chip (your account) and will read it thus creating a file of what bin was collected and when and will match that to your account.

Next the brown and green bins will be pay-per-lift as well I suppose? (Well after the first year takeover anniversary.)

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Next the brown and green bins will be pay-per-lift as well I suppose?
    The information I have been give is 'Yes'.
    FWIW
    We only have to install a chip on the black bin as the green and brown have come with a chip 'pre-installed'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

I'm very curious regarding these chips myself. Our bins were stickered yesterday and I couldn't see diddly. I would've thought the sticker would have a barcode on, linked to your address and account, but all I see is a plain Panda sticker?:confused:

if you were to turn the bin upside down you would see a black circle just under the lip of the opening, i believe this is the chip.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Next the brown and green bins will be pay-per-lift as well I suppose? (Well after the first year takeover anniversary.)

Ah jaysus, nobody will bother their arse recycling anymore so. Very short-sighted decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Ah jaysus, nobody will bother their arse recycling anymore so. Very short-sighted decision.

Depends on the pricing. If it is €2 brown, €4 green and €8 black it's an incentive.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

Exactly :mad:

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Depends on the pricing. If it is €2 brown, €4 green and €8 black it's an incentive.
    Will try and get some more details for this in the next few days and if I do I will let you know!

Jimdagym wrote: »

Perhaps, but any charge is apt to make the activity less likely surely? "Ah sure throw it in the black bin, have to pay either way" sort of attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

bcmf wrote: »
    Will try and get some more details for this in the next few days and if I do I will let you know!

My neighbour was told this chipping is also part of the pay by weight scheme thats in the pipeline with Panda- can you confirm?

My neighbour was told this chipping is also part of the pay by weight scheme thats in the pipeline with Panda- can you confirm?

This'll hit me right in the 'nads as I compact all my bins and hence benefit from the current pay-per-lift scheme.

I wont confirm it but I wont deny it.
    When I get a chance I will ask for more comprehensive details and see what happens!

ok just an update.
    I picked brains during the week.
    The answer I got was a comprehensive - No decision has been made about how charging of bins from Fingal will happen.
    Whether by weight or by bin lift or neither it hasnt been decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Do you know offhand if they'll be doing another day of bin chipping in Balbriggan soon? I had put mine out but my father called around, saw empty bins and brought them in so I missed the lads when they came around.

Do you know offhand if they'll be doing another day of bin chipping in Balbriggan soon? I had put mine out but my father called around, saw empty bins and brought them in so I missed the lads when they came around.
    Yes we will be back in every area again. We dont expect to get every bin in every house in the 1st sweep so you will be notified about the 2nd run.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

bcmf - If you wish to post here in an official capacity for a business please contact hello@boards.ie.

Thanks,

tHB

No prob HB.
    Was just trying to clear up a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

Last week our neighbors entire bins were stolen and today our tags went missing and the bin was not collected what is the point of having a receipt if you have no come back from Panda when the tag is stolen. Surely it is their job to look after the customer. Is there an alternative company I can use?

• Advertisement

What does the "receipt" prove though? Only that you bought a tag AFAIC. Do you really expect Panda (or anyone else) to look through hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of tags to find yours? And even then, who says you didn't put out your own bin a second time that day?

Chip FTW.

Advertisement