Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen bin tag, bins not collected.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

T-Maxx wrote: »
    What does the "receipt" prove though? Only that you bought a tag AFAIC. Do you really expect Panda (or anyone else) to look through hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of tags to find yours? And even then, who says you didn't put out your own bin a second time that day?

Chip FTW.

Well if they collect the stubs, dunno if they really do it or throw them all in the blender. But if they do, then they should have a record of your stub having been collected and if your bin hasn't been and you still have the initial docket then that should be proof enough. Although I suppose someone could try pull a fast one like you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

Just opened my brown bin, and found the peelings from the tacky panda stickers inside that were put on by panda last week. Great example being set there by panda staff, wonder if the brown bin is for recycling too in the eyes of panda?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Next the brown and green bins will be pay-per-lift as well I suppose? (Well after the first year takeover anniversary.)

Well the bin tag went up on July 1st to €8.75.So much for the one year moratorium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

tony-od wrote: »
    Well the bin tag went up on July 1st to €8.75.So much for the one year moratorium

I think it's following an increase in the Land-fill charge, probably not their fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tony-od

Perhaps they shouldn't have said they would keep the price the same for a year then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

It happened again last night. I had even taken to stapling on the tags as a deterent. Can anyone recommend alternatives to Panda? I'm sick of seeing my money going into someone else's bin collection. What's the point in the tag system if they don't bother to check them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dunno if Greenstar cover your area, but they don't use a tag system, we use them and have had no issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

To be discussed on ''Liveline'' today..........Stolen Bin tags.

Advertisement