Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Dublin South to Dublin Airport

Options
  • 21-03-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know a good value taxi firm to go from Cabinteely to Dublin airport. Am getting a quote of €60+ for trip. 3 am tomorrow morning. There was some literature dropped through the door earlier in the year quoting €35 or so but can't find it. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I pay e25 regularly from Rathgar road (just past rathmines).

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Could you tell me who you book with? The online facility from 2 taxi firms is quoting me 473! and the average seems to be 60+. Southside Taxis offer a fixed rate but I can't get through. tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I just flag one down on the street, it's a main road and there are always taxis. Then I agree the price in advance.

srsly78 wrote: »
    I just flag one down on the street, it's a main road and there are always taxis. Then I agree the price in advance.

tnx,finally got through to southside taxis, they're 35, great value in comparison with the others, appreciate the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

You can also try aertaxis.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

God, thats nearly 50% cheaper.
    Cant believe people are still trying to rip us off. Im saving money all over the shop by ringing around.
    Fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Why not pick up the Greystones Aircoach at Cabinteely Cross? The single fare is €10, return €17. There's one passing Cabinteely at 02:35 and it goes through the port tunnel so you'll be at the airport by 03:20.

http://www.aircoach.ie/table.routes.greystones.php

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

+1 on the Aircoach

• Advertisement

thanks everyone, got a 35 euro rate, happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

chancer12 wrote: »
    thanks everyone, got a 35 euro rate, happy with that

Now get back to the first people and tell them. You will feel even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

60 is just crazy, esp at that time when there is so little traffic and in the times we are in when everyone should be glad to earn a few euro.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

gigino wrote: »
    60 is just crazy, esp at that time when there is so little traffic and in the times we are in when everyone should be glad to earn a few euro.
    Not when you consider the price of fuel!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hermy wrote: »
    Not when you consider the price of fuel!

He's not taking a rocket. Sixty euro = ripoff.

Advertisement