Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mahon Tribunal report - merge

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Bertie did what had to be done , you all would have done the same , nobody turns down 50k in an envelope .

The posts calling for his death are a disgrace , its even low by AH standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Really ?? The D.P.P. is a political appointment.
    The Garda Commissioners are political appointees.

Sure I heard the late Brian Lenihan Snr on the Late Late Show years ago telling the story of a gang of politicians in a pub late one night well after hours. A Garda went in and began taking names as was his duty to do so. Lenihan made a big laugh of telling the audience that he asked the Garda if he wanted "a pint or a transfer?" The audience roared laughing.
    #We get what we deserve. Political corruption is not a new thing. They have an arrogance about them that they believe puts them above the law.

:D That's the attitude alright. "Sure isn't he a cute ol hoor", "Well if you can get away with it sure why not?", "Fair play to him" etc. A banana republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Bertie did what had to be done , you all would have done the same , nobody turns down 50k in an envelope .

See you? You're the problem, just as much as Bertie is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Indeed, certain people would do this however, the main issue is, they shouldn't, legally, morally or ethicilly, especially when you consider the impact of this bribery on other people.
    While people would do it, as a collective there has to be a real and established punishment for it, so it is less likely to happen again.

Lots of people would do stuff if they knew they could get away with it. This guy and others have done this and past history is they will get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Meanwhile in Galway a man is charged for stealing a tip jar:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77739617#post77739617

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

kippy wrote: »

Indeed, certain people would do this however, the main issue is, they shouldn't, legally, morally or ethicilly, especially when you consider the impact of this bribery on other people.
    While people would do it, as a collective there has to be a real and established punishment for it, so it is less likely to happen again.

Lots of people would do stuff if they knew they could get away with it. This guy and others have done this and past history is they will get away with it.
    Morals and ethics are devoid in every successful politician , bertie just displayed it publically .

Listen those planning bribes etc.. Were required to keep this country going , the ifsc, temple bar , liffey valley , the docklands redevelopment - all of these were bribed into existance . The civil service are so backward that you need somebody willing to force something through the government if you ever want to get anything done

Morals and ethics are devoid in every successful politician , bertie just displayed it publically .

Listen those planning bribes etc.. Were required to keep this country going , the ifsc, temple bar , liffey valley , the docklands redevelopment - all of these were bribed into existance . The civil service are so backward that you need somebody willing to force something through the government if you ever want to get anything done

Every single politician?

So bribery is obviously the way forward.
    An interesting standpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Good auld Eric, always the same old style in every thread. Take a contentious angle on things, offer no evidence or valid reason and then just rinse and repeat.

Like the last 3 seasons of Friends you are just repeating yourself at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Love the new Wikipedia photo of Bertie!

Edit :they changed it back

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bertie_Ahern&oldid=483530344

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Former Fianna Fáil minister Padraig Flynn has rejected the findings of the Mahon tribunal which branded him corrupt.

"During my lifetime of involvement in politics I have never sought nor have I ever received a corrupt payment," Mr Flynn said in a brief statement today.

"I absolutely reject any such finding of this tribunal in that regard."

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/flynn-rejects-mahon-findings-544695.html#ixzz1pwvyEvgN

• Advertisement

rgmmg wrote: »
    :D That's the attitude alright. "Sure isn't he a cute ol hoor", "Well if you can get away with it sure why not?", "Fair play to him" etc. A banana republic.
    Exactly, yahoooo for Bertie, God Bless Fianna Fail !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Former Fianna Fáil minister Padraig Flynn has rejected the findings of the Mahon tribunal which branded him corrupt.

"During my lifetime of involvement in politics I have never sought nor have I ever received a corrupt payment," Mr Flynn said in a brief statement today.

He should do stand-up, my sides are split just reading that, imagine what would have happened had I heard him say it, I would have disintegrated with laughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Exactly, yahoooo for Bertie, God Bless Fianna Fail !!!!!!
    AND to think that these people are allowed a Church Gate Collection every year. Stand there taking donations from people coming out of mass.
    Both the collection and the mass should be boycotted on those days.
    The necks of the cnuts.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    He should do stand-up, my sides are split just reading that, imagine what would have happened had I heard him say it, I would have disintegrated with laughter.
    AND to think that these people are allowed a Church Gate Collection every year. Stand there taking donations from people coming out of mass.

Both the collection and the mass should be boycotted on those days.

The necks of the cnuts.
    Flynn is a Catholic Minister of the Sacrament ( helps giving out communion or something like that ). Doubtless he'll be presenting his pious face to the people of Castlebar on Sunday with -

* His "class act" daughter Beverly ( expelled twice out of FF and invovled in the Ansbacher scandal )

* Wife ( used €50,000 bribe money to buy a farm of land )

* And other daughter ( banned from driving as she was caught driving a private school bus for not having insurance, tax and the proper license). A Fianna Fail family true and true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Flynn is a Catholic Minister of the Sacrament ( helps giving out communion or something like that ). Doubtless he'll be presenting his pious face to the people of Castlebar on Sunday with -

* His "class act" daughter Beverly ( expelled twice out of FF and invovled in the Ansbacher scandal )

* Wife ( used €50,000 bribe money to buy a farm of land )

* And other daughter ( banned from driving as she was caught driving a private school bus for not having insurance, tax and the proper license). A Fianna Fail family true and true.

"but he fickshed de roads!"

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Frager

Thanks.

That worked.

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Readyhed

Nobody turns it down unless they believe there is a chance that they might get caught!

I wonder where's Enda Kenny now with his speech?

Last summer within days of the Cloyne report he stood in the Dail and delivered a powerful speech to the Vatican due to the corruption that went on in the catholic church institute. Never followed up with action though.

Now we see a corrupted ex taoiseach and his Fcuking Farce party corrupted to the core.

Will Enda Kenny issue a speech next week due to the corruption that is deep rooted in the irish political field and tell us we need chanfe? Will he ever tell the delusional Bertie Ahern about the role he had in Ireland's economic meltdown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/flynn-rejects-mahon-findings-544695.html#ixzz1pwvyEvgN

He would say this, then again he believes his own lies.

Fcuking crook of a man. Now Wallace is following in his footsteps.

• Advertisement

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Fcuking crook of a man. Now Wallace is following in his footsteps.
    Wallace has seen and knows well how this country works. He's a member of the political circle, who are almost exempt from serious investigation or prosecution.
    What kind of an example does it set for the rest of society when we cannot hold those we elect to account for the crimes they have committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

With regards protests as long as you have the Shinners, Trustafarians and a shower of English hippies using every form of public display of dissatisfaction to further their own dickheaded agendas then you'll never, ever get the ordinary Irishman on the street. Ever.
    This plus about five thousand.

Advertisement