Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Recessed Lighting - Advice please

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

kerryaviva wrote: »
    why not those trafos should be banned they over heat constantly and sometimes are red hot to touch

Low quality or poorly installed equipment can be dangerous, yes.

Downlighters with 12V dichroic lamps, transformers etc. when installed properly (inline with ET:101) are 100% safe. This has been proved countless times across the country for over 20 years.

Unfortunately some badly installed or poor quality equipment has caused fires, but this applies to many more components than downlighter transformers, such as distribution boards, cooker switches etc.
    Banning types of components is not the solution, enforcing standards is.
    pipsdad wrote: »
    Don't mention the traffos vs GU10 fly leads thing here, some do be very defensive about quality of light and the like and then you'll be directed to read a LED thread for some reason. :rolleyes:

The decision to discuss LED lighting in a sticky was made by the moderator of this forum, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

2011 wrote: »
    The decision to discuss LED lighting in a sticky was made by the moderator of this forum, not me.

That would be me, everyone should go directly there and read it, but don't post any negative comments.

:)

Advertisement