Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an offer on a property

Options
  • 21-03-2012 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

How much do you take off the asking price of a house if your making an offer in this current market. Has anyone any idea.....roughly even.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I'd start with 50% off and then go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

It varies a lot I have heard. I can't really help you, but what I do know from my own experience from looking for a house is:
    1) Property 1 asking 295k had an offer of 93% of asking. It's sale agreed now so it went close to the asking.
    2) Property 2 has an offer 70k below or 79% of asking.

Check out the property pin. Maybe put up a WIW (What's it worth?) thread and post the specific property you are interested in and and see. You'll get conflicting replies as to the value, but very often people have good insights on the area that you may not, some may have seen the house and have ideas about it etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

Impossible to say .. too many questions.

Is it a bank sale ?
    Is it a new home ?
    How long is it at the current asking price ?

I know people are often reluctant to share house info in the forum but post a link or PM if you like .. would make it easier to advise.

Genearlly speaking the question you need to answer is how much is it worth to you .. set an 'informed' price in your head, never ever go above it and in a bidding situation control the bids in such a way that you are the one who gets to offer your max price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It depends on how realistic the asking price is. Spend an hour on daft or myhome, and you will be able to find similar properties with very different asking prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

sinnig wrote: »
    How much do you take off the asking price of a house if your making an offer in this current market. Has anyone any idea.....roughly even.

30% below asking, don't budge, reduce offer by 20k if they mess you about and waste time getting deeds etc. we did and don't get emotionally involved as that will screw u! Rather have the extra few quid to put kids through school and fee paying college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,520 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Go in low like 60% its only worth what people are offering. Play hard ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

This is an impossible question to answer without giving us a link to the property to see how overvalued it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

This is an impossible question to answer without giving us a link to the property to see how overvalued it is.
    Or even if it is overvalued!

Advertisement