Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on college(commerce with french/law and french)

Options
  • 21-03-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

ok, i know im definitely not the first person to be asking this sort of question here but im having trouble deciding what to study in college. im in fifth year now but would like to make up my mind soon. ive got a good few questions and i would really appreciate if you could answer them.

Hopefully, il be able to get high enough points for whatever course i choose so that isnt really an issue. i know people say that you should do something you enoy but its hard to know what youd like to do until you start at it. However, teo options im currently looking at are commerce international(French)(UCD/NUIG) and law with french(UCD/Trinity) i love french and would especially like spending a year studying in France.

While money isnt everything, it would be nice to have a guaranteed job(hard to find i know) and a good income. I understand that both careers can lead to many different careers but if you excelled in either course, could you get a good high-paying career?

In regards to commerce, would it make a huge difference that im not studying business studies or accounting for lc(I did business for the jc)

Also, would studying FRench as part of the degrees mean i would really have a full commerce or Law degree. i know you dont study every module the normal ones do but does it make a difference. Would the French be seen as a positive to employers or would it allow me to work in france.

If youve studied either course could you please give whatever relevant info you can

Advertisement