Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bowry

Options
  • 21-03-2012 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, I just drove past the mall there this morning and there is a sign on the wall of the bowry saying sale has been agreed. Does anyone know who bought it or what is going in there??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

eimearos wrote: »
    Hi, I just drove past the mall there this morning and there is a sign on the wall of the bowry saying sale has been agreed. Does anyone know who bought it or what is going in there??

wouldnt be surprised if the estate agent just put up a sale agreed sign to make it look like someone was interested, '' its a great building, etc etc.'' They do it all the time when they have a number of places in the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's been like that for over a year... possibly 2 years.

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's been like that for over a year... possibly 2 years.

I think a sale agreed sign has gone up in recent days/weeks, the for sale signs were there alright for years now. The last i heard about that place was a few years ago that someone had bought it for comparatively small money, like half a mill when the previous buyer paid 8-10 multiples of that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Did the City Council buy it?

They owned it, then sold it on a year or two a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

That's a shame, and a bit strange when you consider all their plans for the Viking Triangle and the fact they purchased other buildings in the area. I suppose it was a handy income for them at the time they sold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I don't think that is true, from what I was told was the city council never actually bought it.
    Previous owners had it on the market for 4.5m and it ended up in the hands of the banks.

Another for sale went up on it last night, There are 3 different agents on it now. Safe to assume its still up for sale. Pity they need about 4 signs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Nypd wrote: »

I don't think that is true, from what I was told was the city council never actually bought it.
    Previous owners had it on the market for 4.5m and it ended up in the hands of the banks.

Well it was up for 450k last autum, so who ever got it got good value. Hopefully they can get something viable running there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Max Powers wrote: »
    Safe to assume its still up for sale. Pity they need about 4 signs on it.

Shame all right, kinda makes them look desperate for a buyer and it in a prime location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

450k doesn't sound right...have you a link to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Sounded very low to me too,
    http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/The-Bowery-Bar-amp-Nightclub-56-The-Mall-Waterford-City-Co-Waterford/81590/

Thats not the link i got it from, I was dealing with someone interested in buying it at that time. Looks like it went for less,

http://www.propertyselector.com/propdetails.cfm?agentid=82&propexpid=3580

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

passed this morning looks like the signs on the Bowery say " sale agreed " but signs above say office to let, so.. maybe the Bowery has been sold and now their trying to let out the space above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

next wrote: »
    passed this morning looks like the signs on the Bowery say " sale agreed " but signs above say office to let, so.. maybe the Bowery has been sold and now their trying to let out the space above

yeah thats exactly what i saw last wednesday. there was one sign up higher saying to let and then one on the wall saying sale agreed (first time i saw that coz i pass there at least 3 times a week)

I suppose when I think about it...the place is a bit of a kip. Needs a lot of work.

I suppose when I think about it...the place is a bit of a kip. Needs a lot of work.

Wouldnt have thought so myself, it was fully functioning up to about 2 years ago, outside is in fine condition apart from signs and the roof is perfect.

I don't think it's been broken into either. Dustpan and brush and it'd be grand :p

Yes but as it is now it's a horrible looking place

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

one of the best clubs in town if the right money spent on it, has a nice layout inside and good clientelle, its amazing that people dont tend to walk that 10mins to go away from the strip tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

savic04 wrote: »
    one of the best clubs in town if the right money spent on it, has a nice layout inside and good clientelle, its amazing that people dont tend to walk that 10mins to go away from the strip tho

Agreed. I used to live on Scotch Quay and would head in there regularly on Student Nights, handy to avoid the madness a bit further down! Still baffles me that people saw it as a trek from John St.

Too much time to sober up probably :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

batm!ke wrote: »
    Agreed. I used to live on Scotch Quay and would head in there regularly on Student Nights, handy to avoid the madness a bit further down! Still baffles me that people saw it as a trek from John St.

Too much to time sober up probably :p
    .....so you're suggesting that the credit union opens as a bar after hours, to help prevent mid-journey sobriety??

I LOVE IT!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The original Reginald bar part is in a rank condition water pouring through the flat felt roof,sad to see it, heard last night that the guy who has bought it has dosh and wants to go the route of The Raglan road in tramore style with the pub restaurant and club being retained.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The original Reginald bar part is in a rank condition water pouring through the flat felt roof,sad to see it, heard last night that the guy who has bought it has dosh and wants to go the route of The Raglan road in tramore style with the pub restaurant and club being retained.

Would someone actually try open another club in Waterford !

Foundry can only get them in because of cheap drinks.
    Crystal does ok for its events.
    Harvey's anyone remember that place ?
    Masons my big fat country cousin sorted that place out

Advertisement