Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netflix cost me €130 for one film!!!!

• 21-03-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

i have an o2 dongle that i use for broadband. I downloaded a movie on netflix and it cost me €130 because i guess you can't download much with the dongle.
    how many mb's would you need to get and how much would it cost per month if you wanted to get a broadband package that would cover watching 4-5 films a month on netflix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Get UPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Typical DVD quality films are up to 2GB (2,000MB). Higher quality may be more. For a wired internet connection you could download that many times over.

Shop around and preferably get a connection with no total download limit - some are limited to about 50GB/month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought a stick would be around €20/gb excess usage at the top end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

sounds like you downloaded more than 1 movie.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

O2 cost you €130 you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

nino1 wrote: »
    i have an o2 dongle that i use for broadband. I downloaded a movie on netflix and it cost me €130 because i guess you can't download much with the dongle.
    how many mb's would you need to get and how much would it cost per month if you wanted to get a broadband package that would cover watching 4-5 films a month on netflix?
    :eek:

Yeah stupid netflix ... imagine. Charging you 130 euros... b*stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pointless thread closed. Read the T&Cs of your ISP, and understand them. Your charges have nothing to do with Netflix. Netflix tells you how big the film sizes will be when you set your quality type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement