Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Casey - Button Factory, Friday 23rd March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Gonna be a great show indeed.

I'm getting ready to head off now, will be my first time seeing Paddy too:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Enjoy folks, He's cracking live. Really funny too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Love Paddy Casey, seen him twice now in the past six months and was hoping to get up to see him tonight. He really is brilliant!

He was pretty good, the man's quite intimate and down-to-earth with his fans.

I couldn't have imagined a better venue for him.

Must of been great he was able to just walk around the venue and everyone looked at him like he was just another fella at the gig, not hogging him for autographs and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

CiaranK wrote: »
    Enjoy folks, He's cracking live. Really funny too :)

You obviously didn't catch him when he supported Pearl Jam at The Point around 5yrs ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

scudzilla wrote: »
    You obviously didn't catch him when he supported Pearl Jam at The Point around 5yrs ago

or ever, anytime I have seen him he forgets lyrics and chords

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Indigo55

I thought he was brilliant Friday! If he forgot any lyrics/chords I certainly didn't notice.
    Saw him walking around before too which was a bit of a surprise. Great gig in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Indigo55 wrote: »
    Saw him walking around before too which was a bit of a surprise.

Why is that a surprise?

I rarely see an artist walking around before they play and I've been to a lot of intimate shows. I wasn't bowled over with shock but I was surprised.

I rarely see an artist walking around before they play and I've been to a lot of intimate shows. I wasn't bowled over with shock but I was surprised.

I was more surprised that no one was hogging him for a picture/autograph.

Was kinda expecting him to be wandering around at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I see it a fair bit - especially with Irish artists playing 'at home' so to speak.

yeah suppose I should have expected it really. It just caught me off guard..especially as I ran into him on the stairs. Literally :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

was playing a cheesey covers gig years ago, and P Casey happened to be in the pub having a drink before his own gig next door. Anyways, he came up and sang a song. He was hammered drunk, but he has a fantastic set of pipes.
    I wouldn't be into his music, but he can sing, I will say......

Advertisement