Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New iPad coming 23rd March?

• 21-03-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,
    Will the new iPad actually be available in retailers on Friday? I enquired in Kilkenny today and they said they won't have them for 2-3 weeks!! And there's no info on the apple site only "coming soon". Impatience is getting the better of me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭squonk

Nobody knows just yet. Last time I think the iPad 2 launched here with instant 2-3 week delays but stock seems more plentiful this time round.

You might also wan to keep an eye on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056574565&page=9

Might help you pinpoint one you want at a PC WORLD nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭nhg

HMV in McDonnagh Junction are supposed to have them, I have my name down since Tuesday and the Lady said that once they arrive in they will ring to see if people still want them - of course I will still want it provided that its some stage of Friday!

11.00am : Rang at 10.00am to double check that they would have my 32g black in for tomorrow, a different Lady told me that they had only ordered 16g but she would check out and get back to me. She called me back at 11.00am to say that they won't prob have them until monday and 'sure they'll prob send in a 32g as well'

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

nhg wrote: »
    HMV in McDonnagh Junction are supposed to have them, I have my name down since Tuesday and the Lady said that once they arrive in they will ring to see if people still want them - of course I will still want it provided that its some stage of Friday!

11.00am : Rang at 10.00am to double check that they would have my 32g black in for tomorrow, a different Lady told me that they had only ordered 16g but she would check out and get back to me. She called me back at 11.00am to say that they won't prob have them until monday and 'sure they'll prob send in a 32g as well'

What phone number are you using for McDonagh? Ive been ringing on 0567715670 and nobody is answering

Edit: Just got through there. The lady said that Apple have sent around an email saying that the iPad is not to be available in stores until Monday!! I don't see how this can be true if PC World, Currys and Harvey Norman are launching them tomorrow! I have to ring back in an hour to find out whats happening as she is going to enquire further about it

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stargazers

I went into HMV this morning, the guy said they probably will have them in on Monday! Really they don't have a clue I think. He took my name and number and said they'd give me a ring. I think it might be best to go to currying in Carlow tomor, hmv won't have them anyway.

Stargazers wrote: »
    I went into HMV this morning, the guy said they probably will have them in on Monday! Really they don't have a clue I think. He took my name and number and said they'd give me a ring. I think it might be best to go to currying in Carlow tomor, hmv won't have them anyway.

From what Ive read in the Currys forum, Carlow will only have 16gb. If you want anything else you will have to go further afield. I'm trying to decide between Carrickmines at midnight, or Liffey Valley in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 alfaealba

hey i know a few people were looking for prices, from a friend on the inside:

16 wifi = e479
    32 wifi = e579
    64 wifi = e679

16 wifi&4g = e599
    32 wifi&4g = e699
    64 wifi&4g = e799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

alfaealba wrote: »
    hey i know a few people were looking for prices, from a friend on the inside:

16 wifi = e479
    32 wifi = e579
    64 wifi = e679

16 wifi&4g = e599
    32 wifi&4g = e699
    64 wifi&4g = e799

You have a friend in prison?:eek:

From what Ive read in the Currys forum, Carlow will only have 16gb. If you want anything else you will have to go further afield. I'm trying to decide between Carrickmines at midnight, or Liffey Valley in the morning.

Oh I think I'll just leave it for now. Not prepared to put that much work in!!

I think I'll do LV in the morning.. Get a few hours shopping out of it too!

I think I'll do LV in the morning.. Get a few hours shopping out of it too!

You're right too! If I wasn't working in the morn I'd be tempted to do the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭nhg

Same here, it will be tomorrow evening before I can make an attempt to go anywhere, I assume PC World in Waterford won't have the 32g Black either.

So far I'm on a list in HMV, Quinn Computers, Harvey Norman Waterford, can't get a no for PC World in Wat (I should rephrase that I have a no but no one answers)

Advertisement