Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've only gone and blown it.

Options
  • 21-03-2012 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

Tell you what lads, some of whats being going on since the England jobs come up has been just bizare. Hammer Newcastle by 5 then its been all down hill and rapid. Our form even in the Cup matches has neen awful.

Playing Bale out of position all the time. Stop making him cut inside FFS. As tonight shows just run down the left, ball in and goal. Why change it I dont know! Why play him on the right I dont know!

Not playing VDV when he's fit is another one. Thats how we have being winning. Ade and Saha just doesnt work.

Me thinks that half of that dressing room has left in its head with Arry already. Awful bad luck for us that this England thing happened when it happened but the reality is the boardroom needs to deal with it quick or we'll be left without a manager, our best players and no champions league next season.

May I also ad that the recent form of Modric has been God awful. He aint doing half enough work in the middle. He hasnt created anything for ages now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The Newcastle result was a combination of Newcastle been very weak in MF that night and the players responding to HR's trial result.

We were poor before that and gotten progressively worse since.

I think the defeat at Man City was the turning point. If only Defoe had connected with that last minute chance and stolen the win instead of citeh going up the other end and winning with an injury time penalty.

The players probably thought they had an unassailable lead over Arse/Chelsea because we were miles ahead of them in terms of points on the board and performances on the pitch but we gave Arsenal the momentum they needed and Chelsea got rid of AVB and now we are sinking without a trace.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

the 1 positive is that we are still 5 points clear of chelsea,if we can somehow manage a draw on sat then we are in with a good shout of 4th.i'm not even thinking of 3rd anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ok this might just be the most stupid post I have ever made, but at this stage am clutching at straws and trying to see where the hope is. Now that the Goons have caught us maybe we can forget about all this 'mind the gap' stuff and about just finishing above them. Now maybe we can get back to worrying about winning games and playing football instead of being in front and waiting for them to catch up, which in fairness has been on the cards since Rosicky scored that goal in the Derby. Maybe the players can relax a bit and fight for champions league now instead of trying to stay ahead of Arsenal? Maybe I am talking rubbish? Come on Spurs stick in there and somehow against all likelyhood nick a point on Saturday. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I didn’t see any of the game last night, only the goals this morning. Extremely disappointing run of results, waiting for that one result to catapult us back to winning ways. Can only hope that comes this Saturday? Unfortunately we were the catalyst for Arsenal’s recent run of good form, plus there getting the rub of the green.

Neither Chelsea or Arsenal would have given up a lead that we amassed. Now that Arsenal are out in front I can’t see them squandering it. Were in freefall at this moment, fourth place looks shaky. Still a long way to go, let’s see how the remaining games play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm think we're done. I don't see where the results are going to come from and we're in freefall. 1 point from 12 (admittedly 9 of those were tough points) is not good enough and on current form we'll lose to Chelsea at the weekend too, losing ground on an Arsenal team that have sprung into life.

I think the teams confidence is gone, they have forgotten how to play decent football, convert opportunities and win matches and it's hard to see anything changing soon.

Add in another game on Tuesday and if fatigue is affecting the players they're going to get no respite. If the players feel the same way the fans do, it's game and season over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Were still fighting for a champions league spot, we would have been delighted given that choice at the beginning of the season.

Chelsea has been given a new lease of life under Matteo and performed admirably against City.

It’s a bad patch we find ourselves in, but I still have plenty of faith (possibly blind faith) we can turn it around and will be 100% behind them come Saturday.

Could be worse, you could be a Liverpool supporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Give Arsenal credit won six games in a row against tough teams Everton, Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs, Sunderland and Blackburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Give Arsenal credit won six games in a row against tough teams Everton, Newcastle, Liverpool, Spurs, Sunderland and Blackburn.

There's no denying they've been superb (and a little lucky) over the last few weeks and completely deserve to be where they are. It's some turn-around and it's really the only thing that's providing me with a little faith that Spurs can turn it around too as 4 - 5 weeks ago the majority of Arsenal fans wanted Wenger gone. Now look at what's happened!

I hope that if they can do it, so can we, and quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We should play like Stoke did last night when we go to the bridge on Saturday.
    Preserving the 5 point lead is all that matters now, I don't care how we do it. Park the bus.

I was going to say 'Park the bus and try and sneak it from a set-piece' but that wont happen in a month of Sundays!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

A lot of reactionary comments being made lads. Fact of the matter is we've had a run of tough games in which we've played really poorly once (the Goons) and average in the rest. Circumstances have conspired against us (Harry for England/Muamba/Lennon's injury) and with these results the media are all over our backs. I reckon if we get Lennon & Adebayor back we'll still have a great chance of making third. COYS!

• Advertisement
Advertisement