Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool Done?

• 21-03-2012 11:11pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Surely enough is enough for Liverpool fans after tonight's result?

Great servant to the club over the years sure, but enough is enough.

Poor transfers leading to very poor league results culminating in that tonight.

Must be time for him to step aside?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

These threads deliver. BRing it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

/subscribes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If its not, it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He's spent 85 million on absolute poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thread title needs to be changed to "Are Kenny and Liverpool done?"
    That's the way we roll around here.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »

I did it but posted a minute later :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He's only been in charge at rovers for a month. Give him a chance.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Pighead wrote: »

Maybe the mods will oblige. Been a while since I swam in these waters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lalalalalalalalala cup runs lalalalalalalalala.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It could get hilariously messy for Liverpool if he doesn't step down. Having to sack a club legend for being a shítehawk is not what the owners want to do from a PR standpoint. I hope he refuses to step down and causes a commotion. For the lulz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If Liverpool did any better this season they'd be overachieving, so I'd say Kenny has done just fine.

It could get hilariously messy for Liverpool if he doesn't step down. Having to sack a club legend for being a shítehawk is not what the owners want to do from a PR standpoint. I hope he refuses to step down and causes a commotion. For the lulz.
    Given his approach in the Suarez affair though he seems the stubborn type so I can't see him stepping aside of his own free will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hopefully not - He has given me so many LuLz this season - From his interviews to tactics I dont think I've ever seen so much fail.

I reckon the board should give him another 100 million if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

good god no, i hope he never leaves....KKAP.

did you mention PR and liverpool in the same sentance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Out of his depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

He surely has to go. Hopefully he doesn't. Always get a good laugh out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It's nice that you Utd fans have somewhere to talk about Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

If he goes, who will take over from him? That's the question ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »

Thanks for your detailed post about the question asked.

wamb.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Position is certainly becoming less tenable by the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It's getting boring at this stage though. Failure after failure and it's getting funnier how deluded some people are who think that he is improving this team.

This should bring out the best of boards....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I honestly think if he was anyone else then Liverpool would pull the trigger on his reign tonight.

They're closer to the bottom of the table points wise than they are to the top, and after spending over £100m since taking over as manager you'd have to expect to at least challenge for a Champions League spot given the stature of the club.

A Carling Cup win is decent and fair play to him for that, but I'm sure every single Liverpool fan would swap it for a Champions League place in the morning and I'd be shocked if that wasn't his remit.

Fantastic servant to the club over the years as mentioned, but he can't keep living off that. I reckon the owners are afraid to get rid of him considering he could get the supporters to easily turn and Henry would be made to look the bad guy. He has them in a very difficult position and the only way out is for him to resign but he won't do that as he probably thinks he has a reputation still to hold on to.

I said months ago that he wasn't the right man for the job and was laughed out of the Liverpool thread numerous times. It seems many fans are starting to see the bigger picture now though.

Liverpool will not reach the Champions League again with Dalglish in charge, which is what the clubs target should be. A change is needed big time.

I'll miss his hobo chic. He will release a clothing line called Derelicte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

wamb.jpg

:D

as a liverpool fan this did make me lol a little bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

tumblr_lrw36bHj2d1r0ojhto1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Out of his depth.

Dont think so, think hes out of his era. He is playing a team and formation from 1994.

Sadly Wilcox Ripley Shearer and Sutton have retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Paully D wrote: »
    I honestly think if he was anyone else then Liverpool would pull the trigger on his reign tonight.

They're closer to the bottom of the table points wise than they are to the top, and after spending over £100m since taking over as manager you'd have to expect to at least challenge for a Champions League spot given the stature of the club.

A Carling Cup win is decent and fair play to him for that, but I'm sure every single Liverpool fan would swap it for a Champions League place in the morning and I'd be shocked if that wasn't his remit.

Fantastic servant to the club over the years as mentioned, but he can't keep living off that. I reckon the owners are afraid to get rid of him considering he could get the supporters to easily turn and Henry would be made to look the bad guy. He has them in a very difficult position and the only way out is for him to resign but he won't do that as he probably thinks he has a reputation still to hold on to.

I said months ago that he wasn't the right man for the job and was laughed out of the Liverpool thread numerous times. It seems many fans are starting to see the bigger picture now though.

Liverpool will not reach the Champions League again with Dalglish in charge, which is what the clubs target should be. A change is needed big time.

Jesus, in a thread that is going to be full of some lolretarded ****e I think you've clinched the gold medal already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah keep him around. Someone needs to play the role of the senile auld fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Nah, he's doing a grand job. Nearly as good as Woy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Maybe the mods will oblige. Been a while since I swam in these waters.
    Just click anywhere along the line of the title but not where the text is written in the main forum and you can change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's always the easy option to blame the manager. It was the same last season.

The problem is the players.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Ah keep him around. Someone needs to play the role of the senile auld fella.

no need to stoop as low as that tbf

The players that he bought.

• Advertisement

Spend £100m

Play three centre backs at home to Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Kenny: ''I don't think anybody saw it coming. Players started game fantastic, only thing missing was a bit of luck in front of goal. Most of the game we were dominant, creative, professional. ''

rinse and repeat.

12 points off the top 4 in March, just not good enough. If this was Hodgson he'd be hounded out by the weekend.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    no need to stoop as low as that tbf

Stoop as low as that?
    It was a jokey joke. Probably not a very good one, but a jokey joke nonetheless.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just click anywhere along the line of the title but not where the text is written in the main forum and you can change it.

Done. Many thanks. Would hate to break the status quo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I like Kenny Dalglish as a person and as a Celtic fan. My experience with Liverpool fans on this board is that if a supporter of another club - not even a rival club - gives an opinion on Liverpool, they get all uptight and get the mods to issue warnings etc.

My own view is Kenny shot his load with Henderson and Carroll - what a waste of money. They have failed to deliver and Dalglish has no long term future as Liverpool boss as a result of that. He'll step down at the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Yeah the players he signed for stupid money

Henderson 20 million
    Carroll 35 million
    Adam 7 million
    Downing 18 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Any other manager and they would have been sacked. Carling cup or no Carling cup. Owners said they wanted 4th spot and that was the aim. No excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

2=0 up with less then 15 minutes to go and your team throws it all away ,one is lost for word right now but it's a fcuk up that will bring changes in some way shape, or form...for sure .

A fair point. But it was Kenny who bought Carroll, Downing, Adam and feckin Henderson for £100 bleedin million!

Hell even Suarez has VERY meh stats.

The players aren't delivering, true, but he bought them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Kenny: ''I don't think anybody saw it coming. Players started game fantastic, only thing missing was a bit of luck in front of goal. Most of the game we were dominant, creative, professional. ''

rinse and repeat.

liverpool will stick with him until end of the season...we dont sack managers every 2 minutes like your team which is...................i am not sure really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

markie29 wrote: »

liverpool will stick with him until end of the season...we dont sack managers every 2 minutes like your team which is...................i am not sure really

yeah, like ye gave Hodgson until the end of the season....

the fiasco at the moment with Dalglish really shows how poorly treated Roy was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

It's a rebuilding season, one cup in the bag and potentially another one on the way, something not quite right though but that's part of the rebuilding process.

Time and patience please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

In answer to the question.

No.

Our league form has been very disappointing. Despite dominating virtually every game we play, we're not near clinical enough. Our general play has improved ten fold from where we we were when Kenny came in. There's a lot right with the set up at the club & the work he's doing there. We've a very good chance of finishing the season with two Cup wins.

Everyone knew we were a team in transition, the majority of our starting 11 is at the club less than 18 months for crying out loud. Even for a team in transition the league form has been poor. But despite everyone recognises, no one seems at all willing for any sacrifice during a transitional period.

He at least deserves to finish out this season & start the next.

The same Liverpool fans calling for his head will be the same ones calling for the new managers head when he doesn't barge into the top 4 in his first season. **** that, i'll leave em to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

kenny gambled on british players and its utterly failed, he has blown a massive opportunity with the funds he was given, i wouldnt trust him with anymore money so he has to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

busyliving wrote: »
    Yeah the players he signed for stupid money

Henderson 20 million
    Carroll 35 million
    Adam 7 million
    Downing 18 million

Probably the 4 worst players in the team too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement