Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool Done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Even though it's from a few weeks ago, if this is true then Kenneth is fecked if he's kept on -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109105/Kenny-Dalglish-told-expect-major-investment-summer.html

Considering the figures are wrong I wouldn't put much stock into the accuracy of the rest of the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Liverpool's season is like 2 girls 1 cup. All this big fuss over a little cup & all you're watching is a load of shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Cant see Kenny being given too much to spend in the summer so to me its a decision to either
    Give him another year and allow him to wheel/deal in the transfer market (maybe 20M and sales)
    Bring in a new manager and give him the money needed to turn around the squad

Now the owners IMO are not qualified to make the call (in that are the players there good enough to go forward) so i don't know who they would ask to make it Ayres/Comoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just out of interest but I want a liverpool perspective does Andy Carroll have a future at liverpool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BOHtox wrote: »
    Liverpool's season is like 2 girls 1 cup. All this big fuss over a little cup & all you're watching is a load of shíte.

this is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Just out of interest but I want a liverpool perspective does Andy Carroll have a future at liverpool?
    You'd need to ask their press office and I doubt you'd get a straight answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lovely football? Since when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kopites11th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lovely football? Since when?

Liverpool's demise in the league coincided with the abolition of the back pass.;)

I reckon the winning of the CC Cup has bought Kenny another season,I can't see any improvement as the owners have said limited funds will be available.If he can't get anything decent from £100 million,I doubt he'll do anything with £20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Tired of listening to pool fans who want EPL success or top 4 finish now and who will hire and fire until they get it. It's them who invent excuses to get Dalglish the sack.

Supporters who want instant success are not real fans. Real fans stick with their team and manager through thick and thin.
    Dub13 wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust some of our fans to walk through a puddle with me never mind a storm.

Oh man, these posts cut to the heart of the matter.

It was the same when Benitez was there - we even had people posting in here after every draw or defeat during 2007 - 2009 that he should be sacked.

Some elements of our fanbase simply don't deserve success.

In a season where we have won a trophy and got to at least the semi final of another, that there are so many supposed Liverpool fans foaming at the mouth for his dismissal is truly horrendous. I hate being associated with such people.

• Advertisement

Dotsey wrote: »
    Net spend is always important.

To say Rafa had a gross spend of "over £250m" is wrong, it was actually £231m. But it's implying he spent it in one go at the same time and had it all up front like say how Chelsea and City operate, it's untrue because Rafa had to sell to buy and often weakening the squad to strengthen the first XI with examples being selling Cisse, Bellamy and Luis Garcia to just buy Torres.
    Another example is Rafa bought say Josemi for £2m then swapped him for Kromkamp, he then sold Kromkamp and bought Arbeloa for the same £2.5m fee he sold Kromkamp for. The total here is £4.5m, but its the same £2m or so thats being used to take one player, swap him for a better player then sell him to buy a better player again all for the same fee but it's accumulation is £4.5m rather than £2m or £2.5m.

That's a very clear explanation of why Net spend is the only figure worth talking about.

The funny thing is too, those wanting to nail Benitez on Dalglish on Gross spend could retain a portion of the impact by just discussing Net spend relative to other premiership clubs - but they wouldn't be making a fool of themselves in the process!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

zerks wrote: »
    kopites11th.jpg

Oh that is gold! Particularly love...
    But the people were not satisfied, and they wrote screeds of righteous indignation, and kept saying things about 'net spend'

:pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Such a snobbish position to dismiss other fans whose views differ to yours as 'not real fans'.

What you think that a league cup is enough to keep a sinking ship afloat? Maybe they are the real fans who are able to see past hopeless romanticism of a bygone age to the bigger picture for their club.

Nostalgia won't challenge for CL places.

Such a snobbish position to dismiss other fans whose views differ to yours as 'not real fans'.

What you think that a league cup is enough to keep a sinking ship afloat? Maybe they are the real fans who are able to see past hopeless romanticism of a bygone age to the bigger picture for their club.

Well, you should know given your preachy tone in this thread. Keep on keeping on brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In a season where we have won a trophy and got to at least the semi final of another, that there are so many supposed Liverpool fans foaming at the mouth for his dismissal is truly horrendous. I hate being associated with such people.

there's nobody "foaming at the mouth" for his dismissal, let alone "many", just those who don't completely trust him yet. he does have something to prove y'know, especially on that salary, and with that much money spent.

i don't think it's ridiculous for posters to point out that he may not be the man for the job. i still don't entirely see what is wrong with that?

cup competitions can paper over cracks just as easily as they can be a sign of future success.

Well, you should know given your preachy tone in this thread. Keep on keeping on brother.

Better than dismissing opinions that differ from your own as those of 'not real fans'. Get over yourself.

SlickRic wrote: »
    there's nobody "foaming at the mouth" for his dismissal, let alone "many", just those who don't completely trust him yet. he does have something to prove y'know, especially on that salary, and with that much money spent.

i don't think it's ridiculous for posters to point out that he may not be the man for the job. i still don't entirely see what is wrong with that?

cup competitions can paper over cracks just as easily as they can be a sign of future success.

check out kingshankly and Ardent's posting over the past couple of days for two examples off the top of my head.

That isn't 'let's weigh things up at season's end, but he has fallen short of expectations' type talk. It's 'the man's an idiot, sack him yesterday' stuff.

You are lacking reading comprehension if you think this thread merely amounts to the bolded. There is no doubt from so many in here. Rather arrogant statements of his unsuitability for the modern game, that he is an idiot, that he is 'senile' (:confused:), that Liverpool are doomed to irrelevance if he stays, etc, etc.

Feel free to strain for your patented studied objectivity on this one if you wish - but the willingness of so many to throw him under the bus right now this minute is ugly, ugly stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well after 6 years without a trophy, a CC and a Cup Semi-Final isn't bad. Tbh it's at the stage that he probably needs to win the Cup to keep some half sane and even then, there's a few who'd still want him gone.

The league is obviously worrying plus the performances of 3 of his big money signings but this is his first full season back. He wont be taking the Cups as seriously next season so he might have a better chance of addressing the consistent problem of being a Cup final team and getting 4th.

The comparison with Ferguson is valid in that it takes time to build a team, it doesn't happen overnight and yes, there'll be some poor signings along the way, that's all part of management. Obviously nobody is expecting Fergie like achievements but put it this way, I'd say Fergie would have been ditched by United if it was these "modern" days around about 89!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Not sure who you addressing it to.

Yes real fans, you know the type, who wait until the final whistle no matter the score. Who go to the away games as opposed to just the home games. Who support their team when they are doing badly and get behind them, as opposed to immediately calling for the managers head. Who give credit where credit is due to the manager rather than always whinging. Who look for positives rather than only focusing on negatives all the time.

Anyone who expects to win every game or expects to be in the top 4 every year, or expects to beat the likes of Wigan all the time, aren't real fans imo. They just want success, and they don't want to deal with the pitfalls of football, like most other fans do.

There is absolutely no question Liverpool are a better team this year than last season (under Hodgson) over the course of the entire season and in the cup competitions. Dalglish at least has brought back the smell and taste of success around the club, and big deal if it's only the League Cup, it's not even the cup that matters, its the start of something, just like the 3 cups in one year under Houlier laid the foundations for a challenge for the Champions League.

Liverpool over the course of the season are better this year than last. They'll probably be better again next year.

Picking out a bad run in a season as evidence the manager isn't up to is, is a bit like picking out gross spend or net spend as why he isn't up to it. People should focus on a whole season and also competitions other than the league to judge a manager, rather than picking out a bad run to support their evidence.

If Man Utd focused on bad runs, Fergie would have been gone years ago, he's had so many, usually early in a season.

Feel free to strain for your patented studied objectivity on this one if you wish - but the willingness of so many to throw him under the bus right now this minute is ugly, ugly stuff.

just as many willing to throw him any lifeline imaginable in order to justify someo of the performances this season too then, purely because he is, always will be, and rightfully so, a club legend.

and anyone who questions, or who holds an alternative opinion, on his ability to do this job are deemed by some to be less than proper Liverpool fans, which is ugly stuff itself.

it's elitist nonsense if i've ever heard it. i don't agree with knee-jerk, but FFS, we're all fans of the club who want to do well, and whether anyone likes it or not, Kenny has to prove he's capable of the job long-term. and his signings, some tactics, as well a lot of the performances, leave a lot to be questioned. an awful lot.

it's not like Wenger, whose proven it at the top of the modern game for 15 years now, or Ferguson if he was to have a significantly bad patch. Kenny has to actually prove he can do the job, and it still remains to be seen whether the cup runs paper over cracks entirely, or that they're a sign of what could happen under him. neither side of that fence is entirely unreasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Not sure who you addressing it to.

Yes real fans, you know the type, who wait until the final whistle no matter the score. Who go to the away games as opposed to just the home games. Who support their team when they are doing badly and get behind them, as opposed to immediately calling for the managers head. Who give credit where credit is due to the manager rather than always whinging. Who look for positives rather than only focusing on negatives all the time.

Anyone who expects to win every game or expects to be in the top 4 every year, or expects to beat the likes of Wigan all the time, aren't real fans imo. They just want success, and they don't want to deal with the pitfalls of football, like most other fans do.

There is absolutely no question Liverpool are a better team this year than last season (under Hodgson) over the course of the entire season and in the cup competitions. Dalglish at least has brought back the smell and taste of success around the club, and big deal if it's only the League Cup, it's not even the cup that matters, its the start of something, just like the 3 cups in one year under Houlier laid the foundations for a challenge for the Champions League.

Liverpool over the course of the season are better this year than last. They'll probably be better again next year.

Picking out a bad run in a season as evidence the manager isn't up to is, is a bit like picking out gross spend or net spend as why he isn't up to it. People should focus on a whole season and also competitions other than the league to judge a manager, rather than picking out a bad run to support their evidence.

If Man Utd focused on bad runs, Fergie would have been gone years ago, he's had so many, usually early in a season.

How many seasons has Fergie had at United that resemble Liverpool's season? I have obviously forgotten the last time United were in a battle with Sunderland, Everton and Swansea for 7th place. Take your head out of the sand, good lad.

How many seasons has Fergie had at United that resemble Liverpool's season? I have obviously forgotten the last time United were in a battle with Sunderland, Everton and Swansea for 7th place. Take your head out of the sand, good lad.

Perspective, I know its a rare quality in threads like these, but plenty called for SAF to go around 05/06 after some questionable signings and a poor record for him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i don't agree with knee-jerk, but FFS, we're all fans of the club who want to do well, and whether anyone likes it or not, Kenny has to prove he's capable of the job long-term. and his signings, some tactics, as well a lot of the performances, leave a lot to be questioned. an awful lot.

Slick, we've discussed this before, but as sound a fella as you are, you are all kinds of knee jerk & you know it yourself! :P

And people who are saying he deserves time, patience, and respect are not comparable to those who are savaging him & calling for his instant sacking.

The simple fact is, until the last 10 league games when we've struggled badly, Kenny has been doing a decent job. We hit a bad patch (which we've been quite unlucky during) & all of a sudden the knives are out. You'll never walk alone indeed.

He finished a whopping 11th in his second full season, 1987/88, which was a season Dalglish won the Leaue if I'm not mistaken and was a flukey goal/missed penalty away from a double, with not dissimilar resources to Ferguson. He was 6th in his third. By right he should have been sacked. His second full season was a disaster.

Signs were rolled out at Old Trafford asking for him to go. Even that hasn't happened yet at Anfield.

Dalglish's season has been bad, but hasn't been disastrous. Compared to Benitez final season where he finished 7th I think, at least Dalglish has two good cup runs to his name, Benitez didn't.

It's been a bad season and I'm of the view managers should be only sacked when it turns out a disaster, which it hasn't been so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

K-9 wrote: »
    Perspective, I know its a rare quality in threads like these, but plenty called for SAF to go around 05/06 after some questionable signings and a poor record for him.

1 July 2005 Edwin van der Sar Undisclosed
    8 July 2005 Park Ji-Sung £4m
    19 September 2005 Ben Foster Undisclosed
    5 January 2006 Nemanja Vidić Undisclosed
    10 January 2006 Patrice Evra Undisclosed
    31 July 2006 Michael Carrick £13m

Questionable indeed

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Slick, we've discussed this before, but as sound a fella as you are, you are all kinds of knee jerk & you know it yourself! :P

yup, at the time of a game, or right after, absolutely, i can be.

part of being a football fan y'know ;)

it doesn't mean i agree with it when making big calls, like the future management of the club.

and i don't think a Dalglish sacking should be made on the basis of the last couple of months, but more on whether it is deemed that he can do the job for the forseeable future, and part of that means it needs to be decided if we can trust him with more money to invest. because if the owners feel they can't, well, the decision is basically made.

this season needs to be taken as a whole. has there been progress made? have the signings done well? did the investment yield a return on the pitch? did it yield enough for him to be worth another season?

all these sorts of questions, and obviously more.

Well after 6 years without a trophy, a CC and a Cup Semi-Final isn't bad. Tbh it's at the stage that he probably needs to win the Cup to keep some half sane and even then, there's a few who'd still want him gone.

The league is obviously worrying plus the performances of 3 of his big money signings but this is his first full season back. He wont be taking the Cups as seriously next season so he might have a better chance of addressing the consistent problem of being a Cup final team and getting 4th.

The comparison with Ferguson is valid in that it takes time to build a team, it doesn't happen overnight and yes, there'll be some poor signings along the way, that's all part of management. Obviously nobody is expecting Fergie like achievements but put it this way, I'd say Fergie would have been ditched by United if it was these "modern" days around about 89!

Doubt he will keep the "glass half empty" fans happy, even if he wins the FA Cup. The knives will be hidden for a short while, but come out again once they hit the next bad patch.

As has been said, Fergie really struggled his first 3-4 seasons and some of his signings didn't look good, such as Jim Leighton and several others, who weren't really league winning players. Eventually he got it right though.

I don't think Suarez was a bad signing; Carroll was a bad signing; Enrique good signing, Adam average and a couple others are young and yet to prove themselves, which they probably will next season.

When you're building for the future, you almost always have to write off short term success.

And people who are saying he deserves time, patience, and respect are not comparable to those who are savaging him & calling for his instant sacking.

The simple fact is, until the last 10 league games when we've struggled badly, Kenny has been doing a decent job. We hit a bad patch (which we've been quite unlucky during) & all of a sudden the knives are out. You'll never walk alone indeed.

are there really that many Liverpool fans "savaging him and calling for his instant sacking"?

there are as many of them about who wouldn't have us question Kenny.

The form up to Christmas was more or less on track for 4th. The Lucas injury, recent Agger injury and the Suarez ban have been factors. Yes, the squad should be stronger than it was but no money was spent on the Lucas area, Coates is still young and Carroll has been mostly a disaster.

How he has spent the money he was given would be the worry.
    1 July 2005 Edwin van der Sar Undisclosed
    8 July 2005 Park Ji-Sung £4m
    19 September 2005 Ben Foster Undisclosed
    5 January 2006 Nemanja Vidić Undisclosed
    10 January 2006 Patrice Evra Undisclosed
    31 July 2006 Michael Carrick £13m

Questionable indeed

Indeed, some were writing off Ronaldo about that time too because it didn't deliver instant success. The only thing questionable was the opinions of said fans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yup, at the time of a game, or right after, absolutely, i can be.

part of being a football fan y'know ;)

Not for me thank you very much :D
    and i don't think a Dalglish sacking should be made on the basis of the last couple of months

I'm sorry Slick, but you were a staunch supporter of his before the last couple of months, so essentially the last few games have entirely changed your opinion & now your in the "I'm not saying he should be sacked, but serious questions should be asked" camp. Serious questions should be asked, I agree, but one of those questions is not, "should we get rid of Kenny after one season? (a season in which we win at least 1 trophy, decent chance of 2, and qualify for Europe).
    SlickRic wrote:
    but more on whether it is deemed that he can do the job for the forseeable future, and part of that means it needs to be decided if we can trust him with more money to invest. because if the owners feel they can't, well, the decision is basically made.

Ok, well this is it in a nutshell, his performance in the role since returning;

Jan-May: excellent
    Aug-Jan: decent
    Jan-now: poor

So in essence, for the majority of his time in the role, he's done well.
    this season needs to be taken as a whole.

Agreed.
    has there been progress made?

First part of the season, I'd say yes.

Add in a cup win.

Add in another semi final appearance to come.

Add in European qualification achieved.

Add in that we'll likely finish in the same position in the league this year as we did last year.

I would say that we've made progress, but not as much as I would like.
    have the signings done well?

Some of them. Some of the time. But no, they've been pretty average overall.
    did the investment yield a return on the pitch?

Not yet.
    did it yield enough for him to be worth another season?

Yes. That shouldn't even be a question Slick.

The job he did when coming into the club last year meant that he deserved a couple of season at the club to try & get us to where we need to be. No manager should get one season to try & make a team their own & achieve their goals at the first time of asking. We all scoff at Roman Abramovich for doing that every season, but essentially, that is what you and others are doing here.

Its an unfair & near impossible task. Only a retard and/or Roman would disagree tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Dalglish already has more silverware in the bag than any other premier league manager this season, and Liverpool fans want him sacked. You can't please some people.

You have posted some rubbish in this thread but this is the best. He has won 1 TROPHY not trophies as you have said elsewhere, the reason he has won more than any other manager is that it is the first trophy of the season to win.

Im sure Ferguson, Manchini, Pardew, Rogers would all love to swap places with the 'King'

He has been an absolute failure with money spent, his handling of certain situations and results.

He was too long out of the game to come back in any sort of long term position.

Also on Fergie, times were different in one sense when he took over that the same exposure wasn't put on players, managers and clubs by Sky. However United fans were calling for Fergie's head after a coupl eof years in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Add in that we'll likely finish in the same position in the league this year as we did last year.

Surely this is a terrible stat given what Hodgson did last season?

Doubt he will keep the "glass half empty" fans happy, even if he wins the FA Cup. The knives will be hidden for a short while, but come out again once they hit the next bad patch.

As has been said, Fergie really struggled his first 3-4 seasons and some of his signings didn't look good, such as Jim Leighton and several others, who weren't really league winning players. Eventually he got it right though.

I don't think Suarez was a bad signing; Carroll was a bad signing; Enrique good signing, Adam average and a couple others are young and yet to prove themselves, which they probably will next season.

When you're building for the future, you almost always have to write off short term success.

Yep, Downing was over priced, Carroll obviously too and I think a panic buy, Henderson still is young, the other signings have been fine to good. Adam was good enough while Lucas was playing, Coates is young and is being introduced gradually, Enrique good for the money, Bellamy a smart buy and Suarez is Suarez! ;)

RasTa wrote: »

From January on last year or form was as good as it has been in quite some time though. If Dalglish had a ppg average for this season the same as what he did in the league for his games in charge last term this thread wouldn't exist.

If Dalglish had a ppg average for this season the same as what he did in the league for his games in charge last term this thread wouldn't exist.

Well he doesn't, and it does.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

When looked at on its own obviously Sherlock! ;)

Which was probably the reason he posted the rest of the other stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

From January on last year or form was as good as it has been in quite some time though. If Dalglish had a ppg average for this season the same as what he did in the league for his games in charge last term this thread wouldn't exist.

Probably worthy of a slow hand clap gif.

Well he doesn't, and it does.

No wai!

Try and keep up with the discussion lad.

mike65 wrote: »
    Probably worthy of a slow hand clap gif.

Valid response to the point made by RasTa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You think it's more likely than not that Liverpool will make up the 8 points to Newcastle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Newcastle have sorted themselves out. They are runned properly as a football club now and with a big support in Newcastle, they will offer some sort of challenge.

You know, if we're not going to qualify for the Champions League or get relegated (and we've already qualified for Europe), whether we finish 6th or 11th isn't all that relevant in a competitive sense. At this point, I would definitely trade a 6th or 5th place finish for finishing 12th and winning the FA Cup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Indeed, some were writing off Ronaldo about that time too because it didn't deliver instant success. The only thing questionable was the opinions of said fans!

Yea I got a good chuckle out of it. Like the guy who had the banner in 92 applauding SAF's 25 years. Back then it wasn't anything to do with the signings, just some really bad losses away from home.

The comparison between Kenny and SAF is pretty pointless too considering the progress made in the game/media since he took over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

10 games is nearly a third of the season, and it's still showing no signs of getting better. I think it's far worse then a "bad patch". What happens if he hits a "bad patch" next year? Write it off as a bad patch and give him another chance? The question is can Kenny bring this club forward to where it should be, and for me from what I have seen of him I think the answer is no.

AGC wrote: »
    You have posted some rubbish in this thread but this is the best. He has won 1 TROPHY not trophies as you have said elsewhere, the reason he has won more than any other manager is that it is the first trophy of the season to win.

Im sure Ferguson, Manchini, Pardew, Rogers would all love to swap places with the 'King'

He has been an absolute failure with money spent, his handling of certain situations and results.

He was too long out of the game to come back in any sort of long term position.

Also on Fergie, times were different in one sense when he took over that the same exposure wasn't put on players, managers and clubs by Sky. However United fans were calling for Fergie's head after a coupl eof years in charge.

Find where I said trophies or you are going straight to ignore for posting even bigger rubbish, which you probably will be anyways.

The comparison between Kenny and SAF is pretty pointless too considering the progress made in the game/media since he took over.

Don't see why it is, I'd say its an intrinsic part of it and indeed probably the main driving force behind why some are calling for him to go after a very good job last season, a Cup win this season and a Cup Semi Final that we don't even know the result of because its only bloody March and he's barely a year in the job.

Its a joke tbh and a sad indictment of what all the money has done for "modern" fans. Spolt infants tbh.

You know, if we're not going to qualify for the Champions League or get relegated (and we've already qualified for Europe), whether we finish 6th or 11th isn't all that relevant in a competitive sense. At this point, I would definitely trade a 6th or 5th place finish for finishing 12th and winning the FA Cup...
    That attitude though is the attitude of a cup team. "Forget the league, who cares, if we can scrape into the Carling cup final or FA cup final and win both, then it doesn't matter". That is just setting yourself up in the future as a cup side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Find where I said trophies or you are going straight to ignore for posting even bigger rubbish, which you probably will be anyways.
    Hodgson has no experience at winning the EPL. It was a bad decision to appoint him in the first place. Already Dalglish has more trophies in his first season.

Page 44 to save you thrwaling through your posts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

KeithAFC wrote: »
    That attitude though is the attitude of a cup team. "Forget the league, who cares, if we can scrape into the Carling cup final or FA cup final and win both, then it doesn't matter". That is just setting yourself up in the future as a cup side.

We are in the business of winning trophy's,so it makes sense.

Dub13 wrote: »
    We are in the business of winning trophy's,so it makes sense.
    Not challenging for the league title or getting back into the Champions league? Graham Souness said it best, any team can win a cup.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement