Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool Done?

1181920212224»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Flancrest,you should do a workshop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

How many of those teams are consistently winning trophies.

They are not winning trophies because the players they have aren't good enough. The tactics they use is only to try mask the fact they are not good enough to beat everybody.

Barcelona play a very simple game, pass and move. Nothing fancy at all about it. Swansea also play the same type of game, but one has one a shed load of trophies in the last while, the other hasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Dub13 wrote: »
    Flancrest,you should do a workshop.
    I already have to be fair. I can PM you details when the next on is arranged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Dear Flan

Looking forward to your thesis on the economy, state of the nation and tracker mortgages

They are not winning trophies because the players they have aren't good enough. The tactics they use is only to try mask the fact they are not good enough to beat everybody.

Barcelona play a very simple game, pass and move. Nothing fancy at all about it. Swansea also play the same type of game, but one has one a shed load of trophies in the last while, the other hasn't.
    The system Barca employs is very fancy. It may not be obvious to everyone but its not a traditional pass and move system as if it was it would be quite easy to defend against. Swansea play a completely different system. You sound like a BBC pundit saying its just pass and move. Just because english teams traditionally employed a long ball system does not make every other game plan "simply pass and move" there are intriacies that can only be spotted by an educated football brain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Flancrest wrote: »
    Well based on this thread I clearly know more about football than most.
    Also the stage of the competition does not matter all european games are approached the same way
    He's made outstanding signings for this in the shape of Adam and Downing who I think will flurish on the European stage due to the amount of time they will get on the ball.

Not sure if serious. I listened to countless interviews over the year and never heard Adam and Downing discribed as "outstanding". In fact, I doubt even Dalglish, Adam and Downing would even agree with you.

Dear Flan

Looking forward to your thesis on the economy, state of the nation and tracker mortgages
    I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Honestly. I'm an expert at football not the economy or the state of the nation nor have I professed to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The system Barca employs is very fancy. It may not be obvious to everyone but its not a traditional pass and move system as if it was it would be quite easy to defend against. Swansea play a completely different system. You sound like a BBC pundit saying its just pass and move. Just because english teams traditionally employed a long ball system does not make every other game plan "simply pass and move" there are intriacies that can only be spotted by an educated football brain

Thanks for the compliment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So................Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool......are they done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So................Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool......are they done?

Stick a fork in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ok, we're going to give this a rest now for a while.

it's gone wildly off-topic, and there's nothing new to say for the minute. i'll open it again tomorrow morning/afternoon before the weekend games, but i think we all (and i include myself in that) need to take a break from it, because it has been derailed for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement