Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating in accommodation

Options
  • 21-03-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am living in a college accommodation. Since the start of the year the heating does in the room does not work. I have reported this to the college authorities A number of times and nothing has been done. The room is very cooled all the time . I am very dissatisfied and would like some compensation.

It sort of like then you buy something and "its not fit for the purpose"

So do I have any options of pursuing the authorities and getting something out of this? Do I have any right?? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jimcorbet

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

What sort of compensation are you looking for?

The correct procedure is to report the problem, in writing, allowing a reasonable time for it to be resolved, and if you get no joy then you are free to leave and retain your full deposit.

djimi wrote: »
    What sort of compensation are you looking for?

The correct procedure is to report the problem, in writing, allowing a reasonable time for it to be resolved, and if you get no joy then you are free to leave and retain your full deposit.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for some of my money back.

I reported the problem in writing several times. But nothing was done.I cannot leave has I had paid in advance. Do I have any chance?

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

In future dont pay in advance, I dont know who you would talk to about this as I never had to live in college accommodation but who ever you paid the money to is who I would go after, I know you have done letters so now send them a letter daily, ring daily, and go to their office and pester them until something is done, you pay for a service you expect to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

When i was in college i was on campus for first year and i paid the rent in advance. The guys for maintenance were quick at getting a problem fixed though.
    You're sure that the heating works in the other rooms in your campus block?

I'd keep pestering the staff on reception and anyone else that works there. Let us know how it goes.

Advertisement