Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANNOYING DRIVERS! :(

Options
  • 21-03-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Today was one of those days to pee me off when driving.

Firstly, I was just passed Scotch Hall, heading into town, and I wanted to turn right to go to the Laurence Centre [don't know the name of the street!]. So, as you know, the traffic lights for turning right are PAINFULLY slow, but I waited [this is about 3.15pm] Then, a dude flies up the middle lane [straight on] indicates and turns right at the top of the queue!!! Okay, so if that's not bad enough, a taxi man attempts to cut in in front of me when I'm about 4 from the top, so I didn't let him in and neither did your man behind me. Thankfully,lights for him turned green so he ended up going straight on. THEN another taxi man did the exact same thing and got across!

It's SO frustrating as the lights do take ages, but if everyone is going to do that....................

Is this a regular occurence, or did I just drive in on an unlucky day?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Today was one of those days to pee me off when driving.

Firstly, I was just passed Scotch Hall, heading into town, and I wanted to turn right to go to the Laurence Centre [don't know the name of the street!]. So, as you know, the traffic lights for turning right are PAINFULLY slow, but I waited [this is about 3.15pm] Then, a dude flies up the middle lane [straight on] indicates and turns right at the top of the queue!!! Okay, so if that's not bad enough, a taxi man attempts to cut in in front of me when I'm about 4 from the top, so I didn't let him in and neither did your man behind me. Thankfully,lights for him turned green so he ended up going straight on. THEN another taxi man did the exact same thing and got across!

It's SO frustrating as the lights do take ages, but if everyone is going to do that....................

Is this a regular occurence, or did I just drive in on an unlucky day?!

Its very regular . Ignorant feckers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Its very regular . Ignorant feckers :mad:

That's disappointing to hear :( I actually WONT let someone cross in in front of me, unless it was to avoid causing an accident, in a situation like that. But after sittin 10/15 minutes in traffic today, I don't think I'd have cared if he ran into the side of me trying to get in!

Also, was driving out again tonight at 8 toward Scotch Hall, and I know I was in the left lane [not much traffic] and I shoulda been in the right, but anyway. Some maniac nearly ran me off the road as I was about to merge and overtook me. then turned right at Bryanstown anyway and I passed him out. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Harry Tasker

I had exactly the same thing happen to me at the turn onto Mary's Bridge! I was sitting in the front of the line, waiting for lights to go green. I'd been waiting there for ages.

When they went green, I set off turning right but this ignoramous came at high speed and cut in front of me.... I blew him out of it and d'ya know what, he started giving out to me!!!!!

These people should be sent back to driving school :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Yep, has happened me before. You gotta watch your guard and don't give them an inch...
    lazy little ****wits!
    On the other hand though, it never ceases to amaze me how "competetive" some drivers get at the Scotch Hall marge across from the school. Technically people driving up the left are entitled to merge and drive straight on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I know this, although I would try to be in the right lane where possible. I just wasn't on this occasion and we were both stopped at red lights. Yer man to the right of me sped off and I kinda laughed to myself thinking 'Okay, so I'm not getting in front of you!' but then the dude in the Vectra flew up out of nowhere with his tinted windows and nearly ran me off the road - luckily I'm a mirror checker!!! It's no wonder there are silly accidents on the road.

PS They say women drivers[such as myself!] are the worst drivers, but from recent experiences, I would strongly disagree with this!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

driving from doctor on call to olol, in a rush with sick child- my dad was driving- there was a car in front doing 10mph:eek::eek::eek: only when you are under pressure do you meet such people on the road

Advertisement