Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW3 ELITE AND DOWNLOADING MAPS ETC

Options
  • 22-03-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi i have elite status paid through nose for it but when i go to download new maps it is looking for 1200 ms points i thought all maps etc were free once you are paying for elite subscription???

what am i missing???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Afaik, no download needed. You have elite and you should just be able to play the maps.
    Try a private match to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If you load up the elite APP itll tell you what to do afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have a PS & Elite.
    We just had to go into the PS store and download the maps but there was no charge. Didn't download via the Elite app.

One of the guys on the COD forum'll be able to tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I find this whole thing baffling. Can I get map packs for MW3 without paying for an elite subscription? I have the Elite client installed but only as a free user. From what I can gather, its a convoluted stat gathering tool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Well you can download Content Pack 1 (for a fee) but normally you do need a Premium Elite Subscription to get the maps early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I just got the new map pack for free woot woot!

Robert Bowling gave out 20 codes on twitter and I saw the post about 12 seconds later, and rushed to redeem one of the codes and it worked.

You just go to the 'store' section on one of the menus on the game and there is a place where it asks to download purchased maps. And I did it, for free, woot woot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Meesared wrote: »
    Well you can download Content Pack 1 (for a fee) but normally you do need a Premium Elite Subscription to get the maps early

But I can download them without the subscription when they're released to the public normally [ie not early]?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Huh thats wierd! I have to admit, I have no personal experience of Elite, I'm just going off what I'm told!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

EnterNow wrote: »
    But I can download them without the subscription when they're released to the public normally [ie not early]?

Yup.

Elite itself is a stat gathering tool which can be downloaded for free.
    If you pay for the premium then it covers the cost of map packs and the likes and you get the new content earlier. I believe there is also some clan stuff that you get access to. And I believe there is some plans for tournaments.

As for the OP make sure that you are trying to download the maps from the in-game marketplace not the normal marketplace. That's how most of the season pass style stuff works.

Also if you have elite you should have got these maps in January or so. The collection that was released recently is the maps for people that aren't subscribed to elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

If you're paid elite you need to buy through the game menu, not the xbox marketplace and you get the maps for free, you also basically get a map a month in advance of the actual content drop when it releases. If you are free elite you just download through the marketplace and pay whatever price the content drop costs

• Advertisement
Advertisement